Campaign to tell Nintendo we do not want randomized bags for Animal Crossing amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see this is why Animal Crossing Wii U needs to exists, so we won't go arguing over a stupid spin-off.

Oh wait...that will only increase the arguments by the people who complain about not having a Wii U and people won't buy the game anyway and say that it's better on handhe-You know this isn't working.

this just now has me realizing

>people constantly saying they don't want a Wii U Animal Crossing, but just another 3DS one if anything
>Nintendo announces another Animal Crossing for the 3DS
>its a spinoff

51XS0XP7W0L.jpg

I was going to say that I wasn't attacking anybody, but then I remembered I'm on the community where a good portion of members takes any form of opposition to their views as a personal attack.

The fact that it fails to comprehend basic business logic, especially in how this stuff has been done before? and that's not even going into the people that are failing even harder with wanting every card released individually

If by "low chance" you mean "impossible", sure. As I mentioned earlier, this is simply a case of a vocal minority.

Accepting and agreeing are different things.

Why can't I express my idea that this is a terrible idea?

Collecting predetermined sets is like collecting playing cards.

Actually its even less satisfactory, since at least playing cards can have different designs.

Also, its exactly why they'll most likely be randomized. Plus if it wasn't, it could very easily have the same amiibo shortage problems, due to Nintendo only printing so many and then stopping (because why would you buy 2+ sets of the same cards?). At least booster packs would force them to keep production going for a bit.

Gee, look at that entitlement.

I'm genuinely not sure if you've never bothered with other TCGs before, or if you're just being a smartass.

ENTITLEMENT

I'd like to ask....

Can you figure out how this is being whiny and entitled?

Good thing booster boxes exist then! Also figures and cards are not comparable, and the only reason the figures are such a pain to get right now is because of how ****ed over the supply has constantly been. Really, the situation should be reversed. Figures should be easier to get most all of, cards should take a bit more effort.

I've stated why plenty of times. Do you just cherry pick what to read?

The most logical part of this post.

Never said there was. I'm saying its both a waste to do and would be a poor business move, and honestly this isn't talking about hopes. If it was, then this would just be a thread to discuss possible release models. Which we already have one of those.

ps, learn to not make your posts ****ing bricks

- - - Post Merge - - -

it will be rarity+popularity

and I pretty much guarantee you the rarest and most valuable cards will be special NPCs, and not SUPER ULTRA KAWAII DREAMIE VILLAGER!!1!!1!!1!!11! they'll be the ones that are generally dirt cheap

They're called paragraphs, they're just missing the indent. ;P I don't see why you're getting all mad about this. Astro does have a point.

They're called paragraphs, they're just missing the indent. ;P I don't see why you're getting all mad about this. Astro does have a point.

Because its a ****ing pain to read is why.

Also, those weren't paragraphs. there were tons of areas where paragraph breaks could've and should've been used. They're just bricks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it seems like no ones really talking about the cards anymore.....

lets discuss why P3P femprotag>P3 protag

Last edited:
Holy fudgecakes what did I walk into... o3o

Um, anyway...

I think having it be randomized is fine. The likelihood of you getting 10 goose cards is insanely unlikely, and getting a double is also pretty unlikely if they're randomly picked and not judged by rarity or something. Although, they might, who knows. Either way, the excitement of having randomly picked cards would be pretty cool. In my opinion, having them be sold individually for like 10 cents is just kind of useless to me. It kinda sucks the fun out of everything, too.

Last edited:
it will be rarity+popularity

and I pretty much guarantee you the rarest and most valuable cards will be special NPCs, and not SUPER ULTRA KAWAII DREAMIE VILLAGER!!1!!1!!1!!11! they'll be the ones that are generally dirt cheap

Prediction: Like with the games, popular villagers will be the same rarity as other villagers but become worth tons of money, but in this case actual real money. Then, every week or two some genius revolutionary heroic six year old (most likely on tumblr) will announce that This is So Unfair. All you are Dumb and have no Brain and only like them Because Their Popular. We should stop doing this as it is Mean. Nothing will actually end up happening though.

Tom Nook will probably literally be the rarest card. Everyone hates him though, so they'll cry when they get him and set him on fire and stuff. Eventually, the rarities will be discovered but no one will actually care. Meanwhile, Nintendo employees will hide under their desks as angry tbt users barge in and demand that they be given free cards of their choice. They will also complain about the "ratity" of Merengue and Marshal, which will confuse Nintendo.

Last edited:
I don't think they should exist at all, to be honest. What's next? Pok?mon Ambiio? Get an exclusive Pikachu here! Oh, you can't catch a wild Pikachu, mate, you've got to buy the Ambiio to get it!

I think people are getting far too carried away with this Ambiio nonsense. I like the idea of it, but when people can't get their favourites or the ones they want get discontinued or they can't afford them, it just becomes ridiculous. Nintendo need to release a game where you don't have to buy anything. The only thing that you should have to buy is the game itself, in my opinion.

Ambiio is nothing but unnecessary stress. Don't deny it, people. You'd rather die than not have that Villager Ambiio. I seen a legless Princess Peach Ambiio being sold for over $25,000 on eBay and it's just ridiculous. Now, I'll admit that I got the full first set of Ambiio when it first came out. I missed maybe two or three, and I value my Villager Ambiio a lot since it's rare, and that's okay, but I thought it was gonna stop. It's just not worth the stress.

That feeling of accomplishment you have will fade away the moment a new, super rare Ambiio is announced and you just have to get your hands on it.

Last edited:
I skimmed through the thread and basically every post is "Opinions are only okay when I have them. You don't agree with me, therefore you're bullying me."

Last edited:
I don't think they should exist at all, to be honest. What's next? Pok?mon Ambiio? Get an exclusive Pikachu here! Oh, you can't catch a wild Pikachu, mate, you've got to buy the Ambiio to get it!

I think people are getting far too carried away with this Ambiio nonsense. I like the idea of it, but when people can't get their favourites or the ones they want get discontinued or they can't afford them, it just becomes ridiculous. Nintendo need to release a game where you don't have to buy anything. The only thing that you should have to buy is the game itself, in my opinion.

Ambiio is nothing but unnecessary stress. Don't deny it, people. You'd rather die than not have that Villager Ambiio. I seen a legless Princess Peach Ambiio being sold for over $25,000 on eBay and it's just ridiculous. Now, I'll admit that I got the full first set of Ambiio when it first came out. I missed maybe two or three, and I value my Villager Ambiio a lot since it's rare, and that's okay, but I thought it was gonna stop. It's just not worth the stress.

That feeling of accomplishment you have will fade away the moment a new, super rare Ambiio is announced and you just have to get your hands on it.

I personally fully agree with you on this. I miss the days where you can just play a game without having to spend a ridiculous amount of money by wasting it on suseless product in order to just progress in a game you already just spent $60 worth on. They know this economy is dysfunctional financially and that people don't have the relative funds to barley even support themselves nowadays, but they really couldn't care. Why should they? The rich get richer and poor get even more poor, especially by spending money on these useless materials.

Sadly, things nowadays are not like they used to be, and if there is an easy way to make money, then they will do it. This is business logic at it's best. This whole world functions on money, and Nintendo is nothing more but a mere multi-billion dollar company that could give less about you, except for your cash. They see how these people mindlessly by these products they sell that takes approximately about 5 cents to make, and then laugh when they see these people buy it for triple the price. It's genius. They have us by the you know what, and they know it. Is there anything we can do now? No, not at all. We just have to roll with the punches as they say.

Last edited:
What games do you have to spend $60 on? I have not and never will spend money on additional content for games so I don't know all this stuff :p

Amiibos are stupid and ugly. They cost $12 and literally look worse than McDonalds Pokemon figures. They can be used in games, but that's not even their selling point anymore. I guess I can understand maybe buying one of its your favourite character ever and there's no other merchendise of them (even then, I still wouldn't though), but that's it.

Y'all freaking out over $60 is weird to me, since I intend on dropping like $200 on a hat in TF2 next month for my birthday.

What games do you have to spend $60 on? I have not and never will spend money on additional content for games so I don't know all this stuff :p

Amiibos are stupid and ugly. They cost $12 and literally look worse than McDonalds Pokemon figures. They can be used in games, but that's not even their selling point anymore. I guess I can understand maybe buying one of its your favourite character ever and there's no other merchendise of them (even then, I still wouldn't though), but that's it.

Haha, maybe it is just Gamestop being overly priced but they usually charge me around $50 to $60 a game even without content. In NA, the newest "Mario Party 10" is at least $50 new, $60 with the amiibo. It's crazy since they literally only spend like what? 5 cents to make it and then make a profit of $50? What a plan. I think buying games pre-owned would be the best method for me logically nowadays considering I don't have the funds sufficient enough to even buy a game anymore, and that's if I am lucky enough to still afford lol

I agree. They really should be charging at around $8 personally for those amiibos, but because they are Nintendo, well you know, big brand name must mean everything has be 10x's the amount spent. I do believe in getting your favorite character or two is ok, but I would definitely try to search elsewhere for a cheaper price (If you sadly like a character that is hard to get and sell for a ridiculous amount on Ebay, Amazon, etc.) Very miniscule will you ever see the minority of those "rare" figures be cheap. Not sure if this was true or not but this one man, out of illogical stupidity and spite, had bought over 100 Rosalina amiibo figurines just so other fans couldn't have her. Now, if this is true, then the human race is vastly decreasing in logic at a much higher rate than usual, and I for one am ashamed. Is he the minority to do this? Yes. Was it still dumb? Heck yes. Boy, what a business to be in eh? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back