• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Nintendo Switch Lite Urgent help !!!!!!

Bells
Switch
2368-2604-8213
Silver Mailbox
Okay i'm really panicking i was playing my Nintendo Switch Lite and i had went upstairs to do something and when i came back downstairs to resume game play the switch lite was hot and won't turn back on even after a hard reset. I can't afford to get it repaired or even buy a new one i need help really bad i don't know what to do. It'll be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Have you tried holding the power button for at least thirty seconds? You sometimes have to force it on. Something similar to this happened to me once. Sometimes it took a few tries but it eventually turned back on. I haven’t had that problem since.

If the console was super hot, you may have left it with the vent covered. I've done that a few times when playing in bed or with a blanket on the couch. I would give it a bit to cool off, then try again. It's unlikely that it's permanently damaged because it'll shut off when it gets to a certain temperature specifically to avoid permanent damage.

Have you tried holding the power button for at least thirty seconds? You sometimes have to force it on. Something similar to this happened to me once. Sometimes it took a few tries but it eventually turned back on. I haven’t had that problem since.
I've tried eveything and still won't turn on i'm in panic mode 😭

A hard reset involves keeping it unplugged (off the charger) for at least 30 seconds, then holding the power button down for 20 seconds, then releasing and pressing the power button once. I would try that after the console has adequately cooled down.

1679418659830.png

If the console was super hot, you may have left it with the vent covered. I've done that a few times when playing in bed or with a blanket on the couch. I would give it a bit to cool off, then try again. It's unlikely that it's permanently damaged because it'll shut off when it gets to a certain temperature specifically to avoid permanent damage.
Yeah i don't think so cause it was on when i went upstairs but when i came back down it was hot and wouldn't / still won't come back on. I mean i have fallen asleep by accident recently and it was covered but i didn't fall asleep with on this time. 😭

Its probably completely dead, it happened to me before. If you dont charge your switch it goes completly dead and will stay off until its battery is charged. It can take up to four hours to bring back a completly dead switch.

It might not look like its charging, but if you know the charger works, say test it with your phone to make sure. Plug it into your switch and leave it. You wont be able to play on a switch thats completely dead, just try ti leave it. After about four hours or so it should be fine.

As far as the heating goes, just be careful whays around it. Like if its on a fabric or near something really hot it will get hot.

Its probably completely dead, it happened to me before. If you dont charge your switch it goes completly dead and will stay off until its battery is charged. It can take up to four hours to bring back a completly dead switch.

It might not look like its charging, but if you know the charger works, say test it with your phone to make sure. Plug it into your switch and leave it. You wont be able to play on a switch thats completely dead, just try ti leave it. After about four hours or so it should be fine.

As far as the heating goes, just be careful whays around it. Like if its on a fabric or near something really hot it will get hot.
I'm sure it was at 80% charged when i went upstairs i wasn't even up there that long it was probably 5 minutes and when i came back down it was off and hot and it hasn't came back on since i mean it's cool down now but it still won't come back on. 😭

Your best bet is to plug it in, then don't touch it. If it over heated it could have killed the battery so dont panic, just let it charge for a few hours then check it,

Your best bet is to plug it in, then don't touch it. If it over heated it could have killed the battery so dont panic, just let it charge for a few hours then check

Your best bet is to plug it in, then don't touch it. If it over heated it could have killed the battery so dont panic, just let it charge for a few hours then check it,
Okay i'll try that and yeah i'm trying not to panic but it's hard not to. 😭

No worries I was worried at first too, im sure it will be fine in 3-4 hours. Just make sure the charger works
Yeah the original charger works and i even checked my backup charger and it works cause it's never been used.

No worries I was worried at first too, im sure it will be fine in 3-4 hours. Just make sure the charger works
Okay the switch lite is currently on charge since 2:08 pm haven't touched it since and i'll try in a couple of hrs so even though it was at either at a 79 % or 80% charge this method will work and with it being hot earlier hasn't permanently damaged it and that's reason why it won't come back on ?

It probably died from over heating. Might be using it too much, or theres something around the area thats making it over heat.

My laptop is the only thig thats over heated, and thats only because its laying on a fabric opposed to something flat. But I dont know much about over heating aside from that

It probably died from over heating. Might be using it too much, or theres something around the area thats making it over heat.

My laptop is the only thig thats over heated, and thats only because its laying on a fabric opposed to something flat. But I dont know much about over heating aside from that
Yeah maybe that's it well it's cool to the touch now and i really hope that it comes back on later like i said earlier i just really hope that i haven't permanently damaged it that's the concern right now. 😭

Yeah maybe that's it well it's cool to the touch now and i really hope that it comes back on later like i said earlier i just really hope that i haven't permanently damaged it that's the concern right now. 😭

Update after leaving it on charge since 2pm i took it off at 7pm and checked and it still won't turn on . 😭😭😭😭

This won't help you with your problem, but out of curiosity, what game were you playing when it happened? It might serve as a warning for other people if that game in particular has a tendency to cause heat issues on the Switch Lite.

This won't help you with your problem, but out of curiosity, what game were you playing when it happened? It might serve as a warning for other people if that game in particular has a tendency to cause heat issues on the Switch Lite.
Animal Crossing : New Horizons but i've playing it and never had a problem so it wasn't the game at least not for me not sure about others though.

Animal Crossing : New Horizons but i've playing it and never had a problem so it wasn't the game at least not for me not sure about others though.
I have seen some cases of New Horizons causing some Switches to heat up, but granted those were full Switch models and it wasn't to such catastrophic levels. I wonder if perhaps the heat sink is defective? Best of luck figuring it out.

Back