Which features from New Leaf will stay?

pillow bunny

Bells
Winter Mittens
This is probably going to be one of the biggest 3DS games, considering it has literally 300+ Amiibo cards and all. Do you think they'll only keep home decorating or do you think it'll basically be New Leaf 2.0? I hope it's mainly different stuff, because otherwise that would be really unfair to the people who have spent years making their towns perfect, only to find they're now completely obsolete. I don't know what else they could add though, since New Leaf basically had everything they could possibly put in an Animal Crossing game without it not being Animal Crossing anymore.

i'm pretty sure it's still unknown how many villagers will be in the game itself, and how many cards it will be! :lemon: but i think it wil l be mostly about home decorating and spending time with the animal crossing villagers and having fun with them. when i was watching the nintendo direct it said "there wont be chores" so i'm not expecting this to be that similar to the previous animal crossing games, since it is sort of a different version in itself

i'm pretty sure it's still unknown how many villagers will be in the game itself, and how many cards it will be! :lemon: but i think it wil l be mostly about home decorating and spending time with the animal crossing villagers and having fun with them. when i was watching the nintendo direct it said "there wont be chores" so i'm not expecting this to be that similar to the previous animal crossing games, since it is sort of a different version in itself

There was a nintendo direct?? I thought it was just the gameplay trailer. brb watching it

There was a nintendo direct?? I thought it was just the gameplay trailer. brb watching it

yep! I'll post a video in another thread. I think that all the info on the nintendo direct is the only information out for now. im sure theres a lot more to come, though!

I'm just wondering, is it just the exact same but you could customize your villagers room?

This is just an educated guess based off the title but most likely you will be a designer employed by the Happy Home Academy to go design animals houses. There probably won't even be a town. We might be able to get our own home to decorate. Maybe.

So essentially, it will be nothing like New Leaf. Just designing houses.

Last edited:
It's a minigame. Well a bit bigger, but you get what I mean? Like Pok?mon Shuffle. So yeah there are many villagers, but it's not a huge exciting adventure or anything.

I think it'd be cool if you scanned the cards, have the villagers/their houses show up in some kind of plaza, then you can interact with them all outside in the plaza, then play the game in their houses.

I really just expect it to revolve around designing houses for villagers, not expecting much more than that. Nintendo has seemingly welcoming F2P and Amiibos and are now taking them way to far.

I really just expect it to revolve around designing houses for villagers, not expecting much more than that. Nintendo has seemingly welcoming F2P and Amiibos and are now taking them way to far.
Yeah, I don't know why people are expecting other features to return when the title says it all. You just design homes. That's it. I assume that when you leave the house it takes you back to the main menu.

You don't do anything in this game that you can do in ACNL. You just... design villager's homes. It wasn't possible before, so here you go. A spin-off title where literally all you do is that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it'd be cool if you scanned the cards, have the villagers/their houses show up in some kind of plaza, then you can interact with them all outside in the plaza, then play the game in their houses.
Nintendo wouldn't work like that. It'd mean you can just scan in cards and have the villagers there forever, so people could just share their cards. That would mean less sales, so it's not a good plan.
They also mentioned in the video that if you're in a house and you then scan in a card, you can invite another villager over. So it's fairly safe to assume that once you scan in the first card, you go to that villager's house and get an assignment, and if you scan in a second one from there, you invite that villager into the house.

I doubt you can change, I think there will be a male and female character which you choose, no customisation on your outfit.

..how will it be one of the biggest 3DS games lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait maybe we're underlooking this AC spin off....

Do you think it could somehow be related to the Wii U AC that's to come? Maybe it'll be compatible with it.

Last edited:
I don't think it will have much in common with New Leaf at all, since it's a spin-off about interior decoration and not a main game in the series. So I'm expecting that the gameplay and everything will be different and it won't replace New Leaf. Otherwise, I think they would have announced it differently since it would be part of the main series.

I think it would be cool if you could do extra things if you own both games, like making your ACNL mayor your playable character in this game. But that's different from it having the same features as New Leaf.

I don't think as wii u is not doing so well and the regret I've heard was not making it a new machine as people with wiis already got... well it's safe to say with a new machine on it's way in the next few years they aren't going to do a whole new game until then for the wii u they will wait for when the new Nintendo machine that is superceding it releases. And keep giving the more money making 3ds these spin offs until they release said console before Xmas 2018 I believe...?

Last edited:
Back