• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Yanrima's Rough Draft Room

I love this! 🤩 (I hope you don’t mind that I comment). Gorgeous design and very interesting background for her :D. When I first took a look at your drawing, before reading the spoiler, I wondered if you had based it off of
Morgan
. Seriously so creative and beautiful! I love her color scheme too 🙂.
Apparently, yeah. Morgan is one of the inspirations but it's a lesser inspiration. Primary inspiration in terms of concept, power, and personality are a mix of Nyx and Eris. I don't want to make her look obviously evil by putting ragged fabrics or skulls design-wise.

The bronze orbs are more or less loosely inspired by the apple that Eris uses in the prologue of Iliad and one of coronation orbs used in the old times.

More Info about Morgaine:
  • Her minions are usually monsters and beasts. They all have their own individual homes and they were mostly rowdy, destructive, and prefer doing things their own way, the only time her minions coordinate is when Morgaine signals them that they must attack the light kingdom or when their home kingdom is attacked. The homes themselves are unkempt and houses multiple spiderwebs.
  • Morgaine knows how to operate a black market as a hustle, she has the knowledge of merchants and vast networks of royal advisors and chancellors. Her main mode of sales are poisons and potions, sometimes disguised as "medicines".
  • She uses the black market funds for her "kingdom syndicate" and weaponry for a backup plan.
  • She is also an expert in mind-altering spells and potions, she mainly uses them for her schemes.
  • She is well-versed in alchemy and writing spell books. Wyverns are her prized creations, she calls them her "magnum opus" in alchemy.
  • She is basically an expert in witchcraft and black magic, with the most powerful demon now in her arsenal because of her powerful black magic.
  • Her most powerful magic involves wielding the power of night itself.
  • Morgaine sometimes like to pull malicious pranks onto those who were unfortunate enough to be on her way, with the usual targets of basically anyone associated with light kingdom.
  • As of now, she usually resides in her 'hideout' castle being laid back while her minions tend to fight against each other. She didn't even bother stopping the fight or stopping the minions from attempting to kill each other as she believes that it's fun watching them fight.
  • Her mannerisms in speaking are usually teetering around polite, intimidating, or snarky.
  • Her sense of humor mainly lies in sarcastic humor.

Last edited:
Here's some more drawn references of Morgaine, along with references of her weapons. Enjoy!
morgaine2.png

Very lovely! You mentioned wanting to make more OC and I really like the concept and design of Morgaine. The colors really blend together nicely and she has an insanely detailed and awesome dress. I saw your spoiler descriptions as to where you drew inspiration from, but before I read that, I was reminded of this really old movie Dark Crystal. (It's this movie made by Jim Henson/the Muppets if you never heard of it) I actually never sat down and watched it, but did catch it airing years ago.

I agree with Dunquixote, your works have always been amazing. I know that it probably sounds like a cliche thing to say, but I really mean it. I think they're all great!

Another new character, but a simple one this time.
ryereference.png

Name: Rye Lindberg
Species: Squirrel (Spirit?)
Abilities: Translating every language by comprehending spoken words
Occupation: Translator and language researcher, deliveryman (in autumn)

Rye is a researcher hailed from a small village of squirrels. He studies language and communication intensively during winter, spring, and summer seasons and he delivers berries to village market during the autumn seasons to earn extra for a living. He has a sharp hearing ability and he has a natural talent for translating languages quickly with accuracy by just comprehending the context of spoken words. He is enthusiastic about studying different languages and is fond of dictionaries, collecting every edition of dictionary he could find. He lives frugally that's why the clothes he wear are usually worn, that's why he sews up torn clothes instead of buying new ones. Because of his frugal lifestyle, he learned how to sew, craft, and cook.

He talks nonstop about many things. He is also a bit nosy and tends to eavesdrop on groups or a singular person talking. He couldn't keep secrets because of his tendency to talk a lot.

His very open and chatty nature earned Rye a mixed first impression outside his home village ranging from seeing him as a nuisance and intrusive or seeing him as an interesting and insightful fellow. But he is well loved by some who lived in the small village, especially the market in which he sends quick deliveries of berry supplies every harvest season.

Another note that I would like to add is that additional info only applies to major characters and characters with significance. Since Rye is going to be a recurring character, I'll make an additional info about him here.

More info about Rye:
  • The reason for his frugal lifestyle is that he mostly spends the money on dictionaries and old books being sold in high prices. He has impulsive spending habits when it comes to books. He is a squirrel spirit after all. Therefore, he doesn't need much food.
  • He lives in an old tree that was there hundreds of years. All of his home furnishings are refurbished from old scraps of wood or broken furniture. The quilt is made by himself for days, using torn fabric bought in the cheap in flea markets or given away by the market as a gift for providing deliveries to them.
  • He speaks in an eloquent manner emphasizing unnecessary details on the most mundane of topics.
  • He can talk for hours nonstop and not lose his breath over talking too much.
  • He uses his delivery basket as his everyday bag during other seasons. The only time the basket was put to proper use is during autumn seasons in which he delivers harvested crops and berries to the market.
  • Sometimes, he'll help others with translation if they don't know what the words mean in another language. He's an expert in studying and speaking languages, especially ancient ones.
  • In the woods, he tried to eavesdrop on Morgaine's plans once, only to be greeted by angry dragon henchmen which threatened to burn him to crisp for intruding, thankfully his nimble speed narrowly dodged the worst case scenario. One of his written papers were burnt, then lost however.

Back