Snow Bunny
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
Welcome back to my Dōbutsu no Mori e+ blog! I actually started this almost a year ago but forgot about it due to being so busy with school. Hopefully I'll have more time this semester to write some blog entries! I'm planning on updating this blog once a week, likely on Saturdays, so be sure to check back once in a while!
If you haven't read the first blog entry, I suggest you check it out. It's an introduction of my town, and you'll definitely want to learn about to so you don't fall behind!

Anyways, let's get started!

One thing I wanted to point out that I didn't mention in my previous blog entry, is that the title screen music is slightly different than the original game. It's sort of a revamped version, and it's actually pretty catchy. Click here to listen to the title screen from Dobutsu no Mori e+!

(Also yes, the Nintendo logo before the title screen is blue in the game. Pretty cool!)
GAEJ01-2.png

Now I know that my town has been "sitting dormant" for the last 11 months, but I actually had a save state set, so my town is still set in February of 2019. Meaning, the seasons may not accurately reflect the actual seasons, though I'm sure that's not a big deal for you guys. It's only about a month off anyways. You may also see the game display the year 2019 but you can just ignore that. From now on, I'll save the game normally and thus the time should progress normally.

I attempted to change my clock, but of course I don't read Japanese hiragana so I have no clue what I'm reading here. After a little finagling, I found out that it's the second option, and then the first option. This is not the case in AC:GCN, where it is the second option, then the third, then the third again. I think this game has e-Reader settings so that's why it's all wacky.

Unfortunately, when I loaded up my game from the in-game saver initially, it loaded up my town on the current date (1-14-20) so I reset the game and set the clock back to what I said earlier to prevent accumulation of weeds. As a result, I got a visit from this dummy Mr. Resetti:

GAEJ01-4.png

Hopefully we won't be seeing him anymore.

ANYWAYS, so first things first, I checked my map. This early in the game, a map isn't given to you; I suppose the game wants you to really get a feel for your town at first. Nook gives it to you after you complete a few tasks for him. So until then, I'll be using this screenshot as a reference:

GAEJ01-1.png

Notice already that the map uses basically the same acre system as AC:GCN, though instead of the left side being labeled A-F, it's labeled 1-6. So for instance, on AC:GCN the dock would be in the acre labeled F-5, but in this game it will be labeled 6-5. Not too confusing but it's definitely something I'll have to get used to.
I'm also dreading that cliff on the left side of the town that has no ramp. Talk about an inconvenience!

I had something in my mailbox and when I opened it, I found a letter with a gift attached. It's from someone named "はは", which translates to "Mom". Inside of the gift was a grab bag, so I'll go ahead and open it up in my house. It'll be a surprise as to what's inside, since I don't read Japanese!

GAEJ01-4.png

The grab bag came with two pieces of furniture and a song (certainly wasn't expecting that). I put the song in my radio, and I can hear that it is K.K. Lullaby. Not what I'm going for but it's okay for now. The other two pieces of furniture are actually NES games! I got Excitebike and Balloon Fight.

Now that I think about it, I believe that these are the gifts that you get if you start the game with the special Animal Crossing memory card included. However, in AC:GCN the letter comes from Nintendo. In this game, it might be a gift given no matter what, since I'm technically not using that special memory card. Nonetheless, I'm happy to receive these items.

(Can I also mention for a second how random it is that in this game you have to BUY A WHOLE SEPARATE NES CONSOLE FOR EACH GAME YOU GET. Heckin wild man lmao)

GAEJ01-5.png

After playing around with that for a bit, I finished planting the three trees that Nook gave me outside. I planted two of them right next to the fence surrounding the player's houses; in AC:GCN there is a glitch where sometimes, if a tree is planted right next to an object like a building, a fence, or a rock, it will grow but it will stop in an early stage of growth. I have a bunch of tiny trees in my town on AC:GCN, they're pretty cute.

I went back to Nook's shop, and apparently a sixth person lives here that I haven't met yet (I forgot that there are actually six starting villagers in this game, I only mentioned five in the last entry). I went over to the acre with the villager whose name I hadn't written down and it turned out to be Lobo, one of my favorite wolf villagers!

GAEJ01-7.png

I'm going to end this here since I have some things I need to do this evening, but I wanted to share one more screenshot with you guys: my town has one of those acres with a little island connected by two bridges! Now tell me that isn't totally radical :lemon:

GAEJ01-6.png

That's gonna do it for this blog entry. I'm gonna try to post a new entry every Saturday, and since today is Tuesday I feel like this Saturday would be a good day to upload another blog entry. Next time I'll be doing chores for my neighbors (cause that lazy raccoon would never do em lol). So I'll see you all again on January 20th! Until next time! ~
jDLGt6V.png

Back