Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Have you made any particular plans for your town yet? Is there a certain theme you wish to have? Personally, I have already decided I am going to have Kitty and Alfonso as villagers. As for layout, I haven't made any final decisions yet, but my general idea is that the top part will have most of the houses and be filled with cedar trees, while the bottom part will be a dense birch forest. Since I assume birch trees will be in this game.

Since we do not have a lot of information yet, it isn't really possible to make any sort of final plan yet. This is just a general idea. It could be interesting to see how people's plans change over time in response to new information.

I feel like it'll be more of the same for me, but more refined.
New Leaf was the first AC I really planned out a town, and I definitely could do better.
I'm hoping for more town customization to better get the desired look.

If these games are compatible with the Amiibo cards, my boyfriend and I will both want Rosie, and I will make a pitch for Gayle and Pietro as well. :3 We're likely going to build a town together.

No plans. We have no idea how the new AC is going to work yet. At all. Will we even still be mayor? Who knows!

I'd like to make a really pretty town though, with whatever tools we have in the new game. I always wanted to in New Leaf, but I was never satisfied with things for various reasons.

If these games are compatible with the Amiibo cards, my boyfriend and I will both want Rosie, and I will make a pitch for Gayle and Pietro as well. :3 We're likely going to build a town together.

That's awesome! I wish I could play with my husband. He finds AC boring. :(

I got to wait what it’s like when the game comes out. But I already know what my first town is going to be like. It’s just to test out the new features. It’s the second town that matters more since I would have enough experience by then.

I got to wait what it’s like when the game comes out. But I already know what my first town is going to be like. It’s just to test out the new features. It’s the second town that matters more since I would have enough experience by then.

100% this!
The only thing I know is that I want chrissy and Francine and they should live side by side. They live far apart in my town and that always bothered me haha

I've never been one to plan out my towns. I like a natural/organic town with lots of room for breeding hybrids. :)

I've already decided I'm going to carry over my town plan for my New Leaf town over to the Switch one. It'll probably come to fruition differently anyways, and it's a theme I've always loved. I'm not going to time travel in my main town, but if we can make two towns I'll probably time travel in that one to see all the new features in advance. I hope that we can use amiibo cards so I can bring my beloved buds into my new town to start out with, but I'll probably wait to add them to see if there's any new villagers.

I think I will abandon what I've been doing since 2011, which is naming my towns after Japanese cities (which I already did on a now-lost Dolphin-emulated town of City Folk, which was named Seoul). I will probably name my next town Taipei. :)

I have a few town names I was planning for New Leaf recently but then realized they should be new town names on the Switch.

It feels right for those towns to emerge when the new game is released.

Little is known right now, but I have these plans:

-Once I start, I will try best to not rebuild the town. I kind of regretted deleted my first town, so I won't do that next time.

-I will only play as 1 character. Having two or more makes me feel overly obligated to maintain and play as the alts. I'll just stick with one character to relax easier.

-I have a neat, secret name for the next town, but it is 9 letters long... I hope the name size gets extended the next games!

-I will start off much slower in development, and choose the town layout carefully.

-I will have a looser grip upon villagers - and will keep switching them around more often.

And most importantly, I hope to play more to relax and have fun than having too many obligations to play.

I don't have many set out plans honestly, i'm keeping a bit of an open mind until we see some of the new features and town customisation options, just to get an idea of what might be available!

I?m probably going to go with AuraMist again.
With a much better layout this time! (I still really hate where I put the police station!)
And Purrl, I have to have Purrl! Oh yah Wolfgang, and Skye as well!

No plans, just gonna take it as it comes. However I'll probably try to get villagers I like after a few cycles. I always used to just take what I got in terms of animals and never really thought of actively trying to get different villagers. But then, I hope pictures come back so I do like to collect an array of those! I don't think I'll ever theme my main town but I may or may not make alternate towns in the future with themes. Maybe.

honestly I'm just going to play the game for the fun of it, like all the others. once the novelty of a new game wears off (which I'm sure it won't for a long long long time) will come the obsessive completionist town-perfecting mode

I'm right now trying to think of a name for my possible Switch town.
Other things, not yet.. it's still kinda early.

Last edited:
I'm just going to chill and go with the flow. Now that the game has finally been announced, I may go on a media blackout for it so I can discover everything for myself when it releases. That's what I did with New Leaf and it was glorious.

I'll probably do like what I did for New Leaf. My first town, I just sort of let everything happen. I didn't even think about paths, I just wanted to see what I could do and what happened naturally. Then I deleted it and got serious about my second town. Deleted that once Tom Nook bought it and I had a different town idea to make Ebonmoor. I see no reason why I wouldn't do the same thing for the Switch, lol.

I?m only planning what name I?m gonna use. My towns are always heavily wooded forests with little planning

Back