• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do You Feel Like Your Age?

i really don’t feel my age :( i just turned 20, but mentally i still feel 16? it’s weird

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
I think I’ve posted here before, but I feel a little older than my age. Maybe it’s just because at least 7/8 of the people in my grade who are supposed to either be my age or older act like toddlers, but sometimes I feel like I’m the only person that can act like a normal human. This might sound like it’s being typed by someone with a massive superiority complex, but you have to see my school to understand how immature and stupid a lot of these people are. Even some of the juniors and seniors, who should be more mature than me, act like this. But I digress…

Outside of school, I don’t really feel any younger than my normal age, but also not any older.

I think in the last couple of years it's meant little to me. My inexperience with certain things makes complete sense given my circumstance growing up, a lot of people might say I act more childish than my age, a lot of people might say I'm very insightful and look up to that.

Being 24 really doesn't mean much to me. Nothing magically changed when I hit a certain age. Someone told me to act my age and it meant absolutely nothing to me because it's not a constructive statement and ignored my circumstance. The older I get the more I truly see more people my age struggling with things I wouldn't have expected in the past anyway.

I am missing many things and don't fit in with people but it's not a matter of age. I wouldn't expect anything in particular for someone my age, I don't think of myself as needing that, everyone has different circumstance. If anything I'm surprised at how much people my age seem to get drunk and am disappointed in anti-intellectual behavior from others.

I'm currently 24 as well. This is basically a yes and no type of answer...

I say no because I still have a large interest in kids' cartoons. Being a legal adult, I should really get into more mature stuff, but for some reason, the kid in me wants me to watch the shows I grew up with plus more for nostalgia purposes. Heck, my major guilty pleasure has usually been Blue's Clues for crying out loud. I don't even have kids, let alone a relationship with anyone, so there really isn't a good reason to continue watching these shows. Are they good stress relievers? Probably. Maybe that's why I still have an interest in them. I'm also heavily into "dad rock" and don't follow current trends in general. Out of the current 19,262 songs in my library, only 168 of them were released in the past decade. That pretty much sums up my music interests. I also have a large interest in old and retro things, so you could say I know more about "old stuff" than ordinary people my age.

Meanwhile, I say yes as I'm up-to-date on tech. That's pretty much it! :LOL:

All in all, my mind still has that kid mentality, but there are adult themes mixed in. I'd love to be a kid again watching the old cartoons; those were simpler times.

Back