• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do You Feel Like Your Age?

I’m 27, but I feel like a teenager or younger. I have less life experience than most teenagers, which is a major part of not feeling like my age.

I would say I feel a bit younger than I actually am. I have more in common with people who are maybe ~5 years younger than me because that's sort of the life stage that I am still in. I still don't have a very good paying job so that sort of leaves me continuing to live the "broke student lifestyle" even though I am no longer a student. I don't have any interest in getting married or having kids and that's what most people my age are doing. 🤷‍♀️ I also still feel pretty good physically so hopefully that continues!

One of the only things that makes me feel more like my age or older is that I have experienced a lot of loss in my life and I think that grief matures you in some ways.

i turn 22 in a month and am not sure how i am supposed to feel. i'm in university, live on my own and am working on a degree, so i guess that makes me feel somewhat like an adult but i don't feel much different as a person than i did four or five years ago. the only big age indicator in my life is my evergrowing anxiety about the future (being a "real" adult, lol. like with a 9-5 office job and whatever adults do) that is getting closer and closer with every passing day

Heck no.

Phyically I feel like I'm 40.
Mentally I feel like I'm 16.

My actual age? 23. But I feel out-of-touch with it that I constantly forget it. I have to remind myself that I'm a 23 year old adult who can legally drink, have a full license (I only have a learners permit), and can do 'adulty things'. Whatever that entails. It doesn't help that the lifestyle I live is so not 'adulty'. I don't own a house, I don't have anyone relying on me in any sort of way, I live with my parents, I still can't drive my car yet, my tastes in food can be called 'childish' at times (thou I do have tastes that are more 'adult') and I have 'childish' hobbies like collecting stuffed animals and playing videogames.

I do have a job, and have had a job (not the same one) for 3 years now. And besides paying taxes that I legally have to anyway, that's about as adult-ing I get. Ofcourse this is all prob just based in some backwards old school stereotypical thinking, which is why so much of it is in quotations. Because there's not a set standard that tells you when you are an adult and when you aren't. There isn't a checklist. And there doesn't have to be. I can still be an adult while doing 'childish' things.

I'm 30, and no. My soul(and to an extent my physical fitness lmao) is basically 70 years old and my appearance is still someone turned 20 and can get some booze for the first time, lol.

I'm turning 26 this summer. I think there's a big difference between early 20s and mid 20s.

Like I don't think you'll ever feel different, but in your mid 20s you just... become yourself, I feel.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't even answer it, wait...

Do I feel like 25? Yeah, because I think 25 is were you become who you'll be for decades.

I don't feel adult, but I feel like me. Just a person that doesn't think in a childlike manner.

No ❤️ I still play Roblox and dress in kids clothes. I work in accounting but all my office supplies are pink and cute. I will probably never be a normal type of mature but that's fine

i feel like a lot of people here which helps a lot. i feel way younger than i actually am but thats more because society sees my hobbies as childish and im not in the same place im supposed to be i guess? like having children and a good job and stuff. i lost a lot of years to my mental health and only recently started to see the brighter side. i will probably always feel younger than i am but i try not to overthink it and just live my life as happy as i can be. i love the quote everyone grows at their own pace c:

I don’t think I’ll ever feel grown up. I believe how old you feel has more to do with maturity and independence than hobbies, and I certainly don’t feel any stronger mentally than I did years ago. If anything, my temper has gotten worse.

Yes, it happens to me. I have always felt older than my actual age, especially during my teen years and probably even now. Some things happened in my life and made me question myself and life in general a lot. I guess that is what made me a mature person. Sometimes I have difficulty sticking with people of my age because they are or act quite childish. It's also because now people of my age (20-25 if not even over) still seem to be in their teen age lol.
I am not saying I don't know how to have fun lol, but you can't act like a 13 yo anymore imo. i think it's not even a matter of age, but of maturity.
When it comes to interests, the fact that I like video games or whatever could be considered childish stuff, is unrelated to age. It's abput what you like. For example, if I watch a cartoon is not because I find it interesting, but because I know it relaxes me lol. Same with video games for example. Imo we should all have a wider view of these things, because after all, they are just ways to entertain people. There's no age limit to entertainment.

Yeah I don't feel like my age. I both look and feel younger than I actually am. I am 20 but I have a young looking face so people think I'm a sophomore or junior in high school. Doesn't help that I am also shorter than about half the people I meet.

Even when I was younger I acted immature compared to the other kids. I would want to play games like tag and hide and seek at recess during 5th grade but all the other kids were more mature and just wanted to hang out and talk. I also liked to catch bugs like grasshoppers at recess in the field and the other kids would make fun of me for it. I liked Nintendo games back then (and still do) and the other kids thought they were just for kids.

I never did the typical Teenage stuff like wanting to date or getting into more 'mature' games. I remember that when I was around 14 or so my mom would get me teen rated games on the Wii for me to play but I was never that interested in them. The more fun and colorful games always attracted me more.

So yeah I've always felt immature compared to others my age but as long as others don't single me out for it I'm fine with it. I get to play games I like and it's a lot better than trying to fake being 'mature' just for others to like me :>

Not really. I feel older, by about ten years or so. Not because I think I'm superior or more intelligent than those my age, but simply because of how life's been for a while. lol

I'm just leaving my teen years behind as of this post, but I was pushed into the position of an adult sooner than might've been good for me around 4 1/2 years ago. This forced me to hurry up and mature in order to face obstacles.

I'm still grateful for it, though. I'd rather feel older than I am because it means I've been able to accept responsibility early and gain experiences I otherwise wouldn't have gained!

No... I always feel that i stay behind. I never get to feel like i'm a person of my age.

Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing tho...

I’m 30, but I feel both younger and older at the same time. I feel younger because I have interests in things like video games, and can be a bit rebellious when it comes to things like skipping work meetings or bending the rules. But I feel older sometimes because I think about the bigger picture a lot and can’t discuss those things often with younger people. Things like space, the universe, math, and science. Irrevelant things like drama and pop culture often bore me.

I've always felt years behind people my age, and I feel like I mature slower. I guess I'm a late bloomer.

I've always felt years behind people my age, and I feel like I mature slower. I guess I'm a late bloomer.

I'm surprised to be honest. You always seem so mature and well-composed from what I've seen of you on here. That's just my impression of you from your forum posts though, haha. You're a cool person. :D

I'm surprised to be honest. You always seem so mature and well-composed from what I've seen of you on here. That's just my impression of you from your forum posts though, haha. You're a cool person. :D
It feels good to hear that, so thanks! I've experienced life at a slowish rate (went to college later, was unemployed for a long time) so that might be why I usually feel like I'm behind...if that makes sense!

I'm okay once I get the hang of things, but getting there can be difficult.

Back