how many toothbrushes do you use... actively

Votes: 40 65.6%

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • more than 2... what thE

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if u use more than one ur a psychopath

For a while, my girlfriend and I shared one. Yes, that means you need to change the brush more often as it is getting more work, but a lot of people thought that was weird. If you kiss your spouse, you shouldn't worry about sharing a toothbrush.

Last edited:
I have one at home and one that stays in my washbag for when I go away overnight.

no??? dude- who uses two toothbrushes at the same time? I always have a spare on hand but I'd never use it at the same time as my primary toothbrush.

I use old ones to clean, and keep them separate. I did buy a hard bristled one by mistake once.
That's what I do to. I use my old used brushes to waterproof my boots when they need it. But I'm usually trying to be resourceful and see what I can use something for before I toss it. I'm not a hoarder, but I also don't like being wasteful. I see people throw away good stuff all the time and it blows my mind.

Someone was going to throw away a 50gallon rubbermaid trashcan a few days ago because it had a slight cut. So I took it for my landscaping job.

That's what I do to. I use my old used brushes to waterproof my boots when they need it. But I'm usually trying to be resourceful and see what I can use something for before I toss it. I'm not a hoarder, but I also don't like being wasteful. I see people throw away good stuff all the time and it blows my mind.

Someone was going to throw away a 50gallon rubbermaid trashcan a few days ago because it had a slight cut. So I took it for my landscaping job.
The shower grout destroys sponges, so the landlady suggested old toothbrushes.

Maybe use flex seal the trashcan?

I was expecting this thread to be about spare toothbrushes or something what 😭

I’ve never used more than one toothbrush at a time. Doing so has never even occurred to me lol. I feel like using more than one toothbrush at a time is kind of wasteful and pointless, but to each their own ig lol. I always try to have a spare toothbrush on hand for when I throw the one I’m using out, though.

I only actively utilize one toothbrush at a time and it has been that way throughout my life. I don't use manual toothbrushes anymore, as of a few years ago, after being suggested by the hygienist at the dentist's office to try electric. I got an electric toothbrush for Christmas that year and haven't turned back. I did have to replace the first one last year since it started malfunctioning and died, but I got a more recent model afterward.

The recommended time to replace a toothbrush or swap to a new head on your electric toothbrush is every 3 months, so that's what I do.

I technically have a second electric toothbrush around here but I found it to be too underpowered and gave me an unsatisfactory clean. It was disappointing because there were more options for different colored brush heads. Alas.

I do still receive manual toothbrushes in the little bag with the floss and mini mouthwash when I go for my 6 month check-up/cleanings, but they're only useful for me for household cleaning as mentioned by Reginald Fairfield and -Blue-.

no??? dude- who uses two toothbrushes at the same time? I always have a spare on hand but I'd never use it at the same time as my primary toothbrush.
Thank you for bumping this 🤣🤣
I only use one toothbrush at a time, BUT I have an electric toothbrush so I have technically been using two at once - when I went away, I just took a normal toothbrush with me

I think my 2018 self was confused and thought spare toothbrushes counted based on my poll answer.
I currently only have one and it is electric. I am pretty sure I didn't even have that toothbrush when I originally saw this.

I usually keep two. One for brushing my teeth and one for brushing my night guard. I discard my toothbrush every once in a while and get a new one. I don't see the need to keep a second one for brushing my teeth.

I was told by a dentist that I should be switching brushes every 6 months. That stuck with me.

We usually keep a supply of extras though.

usually I only use one toothbrush actively at home but I do have a toothbrush for when I travel that’s separate from my home toothbrush so if that counts, I guess two? since I don’t travel that much I will use the travel toothbrush as my new home toothbrush when I have to change that one out and then use the old one for house cleaning just so I can get as much use out of it until I throw it away.

I actually do have 2 toothbrushes but I only use one at a time. One for travel (which I do a lot) and one for home. I'm not opposed to having a morning brush and a night brush tho 🤔 It makes sense to me somehow.

Yes. One manual and one electric. Reason being the electric I feel does a better job. However it dries my mouth out pretty bad, so I alternate because it doesn't do much good if you get a dry mouth.

Back