• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you keep up with COVID vaccines?

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
4 years since the global pandemic.

I travel frequently. Which sometimes involves being around 1000's of people. Whenever I'm eligible for the booster I take it. So I kinda lost count of how many shots I've had. I don't want to get sick every time I come home. Same with the flu shot. And most of the time I simply ask for one in the doctors office during my appointments.

It's worked out pretty well for me. I'm (usually) able to come home without any illnesses.

I was supposed to get a booster last fall, but couldn't get an appointment right away and caught Covid meanwhile, which sucks because I lost a part of my sense of taste and smell and it didn't come back since. I doubt I wll get the chance to get another booster, supplies are limited and reserved for people more at risk of complications.
I got a flu shot though.

I did get the first two booster shot. However, I haven't gotten the latest version yet. Now that the public health dept in my county stopped offering free booster shots, I've hesitated on getting one. The insurance that I have at work doesn't cover a lot. Still, I should get one even though it'll only protect me for a few months.

i got the original series and one booster. i'm terrified of needles and it took a lot of mental strength i had to get over it to even get the vaccine in the first place. that's pretty much it for me unless it's mandated to get more in the future. 😖

I've had three covid vaccines total; I keep meaning to get another booster but haven't gotten around to it. I probably will get a booster if I end up visiting the US this year.. planes and airports are risky as heck

I do, yes. Ever since my initial two COVID vaccine shots in mid-2021, I've gotten 3 boosters, each closer to the end of the year. I imagine I'll get another booster later this year whenever the newest one comes out!

I'm not eligible for boosters. There's a very specific criteria where I live.

I'm vaccinated for near enough everything else though. The joys of having worked with infectious diseases. 😂

I have a bad immune system (as does like half my family) so yes Im fully vaxxed and I don't hang out with people who I know aren't. It just puts my health at serious risk - unvaccinated people could kill me and family. Thus I also struggle to understand those who choose not to be vaxxed, but I don't pick those battles I know I cant win, I just avoid the dangers.
I also get my annual flu jab and I encourage anyone with the time and funds (depending on your locality) to do so too - the minor pain you feel from that flu or covid jab will save lives like mine and my family's!

I really really want to but they don’t even bother recommending COVID boosters here so I have no idea where they’re at and our health systems are overloaded and slow so getting the shots would genuinely be a hassle for me. Flu shots? No issue, but if I asked my doctor for a COVID booster I’d probably need a specific reason why. It’s dumb.

Edit: at least my desire / future plans to travel should be a valid reason, but it’s going to get written off until I at least have a passport. I don’t have an immediate immune disorder or something but I am still very cautious about COVID and have other breathing issues, asthma, dust allergy, I’m honestly pretty much sick all the time now and I’m glad people who really need it have more priority but also wish supply for this just wasn’t an issue. Supplies for this vaccine have failed us.

I've gotten 3 shots so far and last winter I got a covid booster when I got my flu shot so now I'm at 4. I'm going to get the booster seasonally now.

I've had my first 2 shots plus 3 boosters. I'm not strict about getting the boosters immediately, but I do get them when I can. I just got my most recent booster this month because I will be spending some time at the hospital in the coming months and wanted the extra protection.

Yeah, I do regularly. I already had COVID once by now just by being late to getting a booster shot, and I don't want it to happen again, lol.

Definitely not. I never got COVID, even when my wife had it. Or if I had it, I was asymptomatic. I am not concerned about getting it at all.

i got a booster vaccine or two when they first started rolling out but i've not kept up with them

i didn't get the most recent one because i didn't know it existed 💀 i uh, got my flu shot though?

I got the original set of shots and then I think a couple of boosters after that? but other than that I have not been keeping up. I’m not sure if my insurance even covers it anymore, I’ll have to look into that. I do however get my flu shot every year though.

Back