• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Have you ever been starstruck?

Have you ever been starstruck?

• Yes

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Chloe are you serious rn

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

QueenCobra

Baby, you can’t read Roald Dahl
Bells
I know how this sounds and some of you are going to say, "Well, celebrities are humans that poop and sneeze like the rest of us, so I don't feel that way." But just hear me out. Maybe some of you will agree.
I haven't met any celebrities, but I've seen/interacted with some.
So lately I've been drawing portraits of my favorite drag queens (From Drag Race) and posting them on Instagram. Some of the queens have liked and commented on my post things like "Yass!" or several heart-eye emojis. (DeJa Skye, Yuhua Hamasaki, Kimora Blac, Orion Story) It might seem like a simple gesture, but it blew me away. I guess you know you've made it if people are drawing fanart of you.
Another time I've been starstruck was when I wrote a fan letter to Matthew Lewis around the time of Order of the Phoenix. I got a signed photograph of him (as Neville) saying, "To Chloe, from Matthew". My cousin went NUTS as she's a huge Potterhead. 😂
I also wrote a letter (and got a handwritten one back!) from anime voice actor Brad Swaile. He also sent me some art of the various roles he's played.
I saw Raven-Symone in person at Six Flags. Urs Buhler (of Il Divo) also walked past me once. And Idk...it made my heart beat a little faster. I've also passed by performances (in a bus) of Nas and Nicki Minaj. (Not exciting but still fun lol)
My dad was also a huge wrestling fan back in the day (WWF Attitude Era) and met some wrestlers. He was really excited as he'd never met a real "celebrity" before.
So have you ever been starstruck?

Last edited:
lmao I had to look up what the word meant 😂😂

no I can't say I've ever been starstruck (starstricken?) with anyone... then again I've never been one to follow the lives of celebrities and famous people.

if it counts I'm starstruck with waluigi lol
Waluigi is the ideal celebrity. He needs to be impersonated on the next Snatch Game omg.

In like grade 10 I won a contest to meet the Jonas Brothers so that was a pretty big deal for me. That must have been like 2009 or around then so that left me pretty starstruck. I remember being super nervous & sweaty so I dried the armpits of my shirt in the bathroom on the hand dryer thing lmao. Didn't work, you could see my pit stains in pictures so I edited the pictures afterwards. Oh to be 16 again.

I’ve been waved to and given hockey pucks by a few different Los Angeles Kings players when I attended their games in Pittsburgh. They always come over to me in the sea of Penguin jerseys I’m surrounded in, lol. I’m always really happy when this happens.

Last edited:
Ok this will sound sad 😊 I used to love going to London and musical theatre. I went to (a lot of 😂) concerts of a singer who is very well known in the west end and has performed on broadway. I was shocked and stunned when he knew my name 😊❤️

yes, actually! when i was 11 (maybe 10), i got to meet my idol, karen gillan, at a convention in my city. i went to get her autograph, and since i was the only one at her booth due to it being so early, she actually chatted to me for a little bit and complimented my hair. (we're both redheads.) i was so excited and awestruck when i first saw ellie goulding (my favorite singer) perform in person, and i've felt similarly every time i've seen her perform since. there's a british celebrity i really admired a few years ago that i was able to meet three times pre-pandemic. she wrote a little note for me the first time, but her dismissive attitude the third time we met her left a sour taste in my mouth, and i went completely off her afterwards. there are definitely some celebrities i would lose my mind over meeting, though the chances are slim since they're much bigger names, but for the most part i wouldn't be fazed. tom holland could walk past me, for example, and i probably wouldn't even blink. kathryn hahn, however-

i met axe the pikachu main at a melee tournament. i was also a pikachu main and he was my favorite player so i was so super stoked to meet him and hang out some (it was a small tournament and i coincidentally made friends with a girl who turned out to be his best friend from back home), and he was sooooo nice!!! seriously such an awesome person. he even signed my controller, but it has since rubbed off rip :c still an amazing memory.

Yes, I got to meet Patricia Cornwell at a book signing once. I'm super shy and nervous around people anyway, but I literally couldn't speak to her. She was very nice, complimented my shirt and tried to break the ice a little, but it was all I could do just to say 'Thank you' at the end.

I know celebrities are just regular people, no better or worse than the rest of us. I generally don't put them on a pedestal. It was more about the fact that she was a famous author and I wanted to be a famous author. If it's someone I admire or want to be like in some way, then I'm going to be more starstruck.

I don't really care or look up to any celebrities or public figures.

One time I met Rosie O'Donnell in a theater in New York when I was 6 and she was rude to my mom lol

kinda? one time i messaged vinny from vinesauce something on tumblr and he responded and i was insanely hyped. it was like 2014-2015 i think.

i've only met two celebrities and i didnt like either of them so i haven't been starstruck IRL.

I've never really met any celebrity. I mean maybe I have, but just didn't notice it. There was one time I helped a small time group make a movie that ended up getting in the Sundance festival. They never bothered to tell me about this and I only learned by searching up the title years later to see what was up with that. One of the awards they won was for best costumes. It was a film about the Civil War and they got us reenactors to do the acting for them. We brought the 'costumes' because they were our uniforms lol.

There were two main actors who were playing as a Union and Confederate who were brothers in the film. Just the way they acted really bothered me. Super pompous ect. That was the only time I was aware that I was nearby 'actors' so wasn't really that great lol. I wouldn't say I am starstruck, but there are some cool actors and bad apples out there, they're human after all.

i met axe the pikachu main at a melee tournament. i was also a pikachu main and he was my favorite player so i was so super stoked to meet him and hang out some (it was a small tournament and i coincidentally made friends with a girl who turned out to be his best friend from back home), and he was sooooo nice!!! seriously such an awesome person. he even signed my controller, but it has since rubbed off rip :c still an amazing memory.
That's awesome! Always good to have a nice experience like that. The controller bit reminds me of those banana controllers when they promoted DK64. Last time I looked up on Ebay people were selling their 'DK64' controller and it just looked like a plain yellow one lol. At least you still have the memory!

yes, actually! when i was 11 (maybe 10), i got to meet my idol, karen gillan, at a convention in my city. i went to get her autograph, and since i was the only one at her booth due to it being so early, she actually chatted to me for a little bit and complimented my hair. (we're both redheads.) i was so excited and awestruck when i first saw ellie goulding (my favorite singer) perform in person, and i've felt similarly every time i've seen her perform since.
Those are some cool experiences! I didn't know who Karen Gillan was until just now. Had to Google her name, but she was the actress who played Nebula in Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy. I know she has played in a lot of other things, but those are the films I've watched her in. I'm pretty bad when it comes to names to, so there is that. Like for the longest time I just called Paul Rudd Ant guy lol.

Sorry to hear that your last experience wasn't so great.

Those are some cool experiences! I didn't know who Karen Gillan was until just now. Had to Google her name, but she was the actress who played Nebula in Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy. I know she has played in a lot of other things, but those are the films I've watched her in. I'm pretty bad when it comes to names to, so there is that. Like for the longest time I just called Paul Rudd Ant guy lol.

Sorry to hear that your last experience wasn't so great.
i can't imagine it's as easy to meet her now lol; i don't even know if she lives in the uk anymore. back then, i'm pretty sure doctor who was her first major role, so i'm glad i got to meet her then, because i doubt i'll ever get the chance again. i also met alex kingston the year before at the same convention; she was pretty cool. super tall to me back then. she wasn't my idol per se, but i was definitely starstruck just because she looked like a whole damn goddess to little 4'2" lesbian me asdfghjk. (probably when i should've realized i was gay lmao.)

i can't imagine it's as easy to meet her now lol; i don't even know if she lives in the uk anymore. back then, i'm pretty sure doctor who was her first major role, so i'm glad i got to meet her then, because i doubt i'll ever get the chance again. i also met alex kingston the year before at the same convention; she was pretty cool. super tall to me back then. she wasn't my idol per se, but i was definitely starstruck just because she looked like a whole damn goddess to little 4'2" lesbian me asdfghjk. (probably when i should've realized i was gay lmao.)
Well I think it's just as cool to meet someone when they're just starting and before their career really takes off. So that is still really cool!

I forgot to mention with that Civil War movie I helped make, that the two really rude actors were getting fed grapes like those super exaggerated cartoons. It probably wouldn't had been so weird if they weren't so standoffish and pompous. When we finally did get around to doing one of the takes, one of them 'passed out' from heat exhaustion. Heat related sickness is no joke, but they looked like one of those players with their exaggerated soccer injuries. They weren't even outside for a minute and the weather was actually pleasant. We were the ones wearing full blown wool and not a costume.

Once in my life when I met famous Texas Rangers baseball player Michael Young (who has since been retired for awhile) thanks to my mom's occupation. I just remember being flabbergasted, but quickly collected myself and just said, "I've really enjoyed watching you play for our team," and they appreciated it. Even got a picture with them too and they signed a baseball bat for me. Not a baseball. A baseball BAT. 😎

(Still have it too, it's sitting on my desk in front of me right now).

yep! It was when i had floor seats for panic at the disco a few years ago (i was a huge fan at the time) and brendon urie was like right in front of me during death of a bachelor and then he had like pointed to me during a later song 😭

I don't really care or look up to any celebrities or public figures.

One time I met Rosie O'Donnell in a theater in New York when I was 6 and she was rude to my mom lol
Yeah. I've also heard that Kacey Musgraves is rude, which sucks bc I like her music. 😞

I "met" (more: have seen) several (mostly local) celebrities by chances, or because I know people working in the music and cinema industry, or because I used to be a photographer for the Uni newspaper. I think I saw most of them at the store, in the street, at premieres, sometimes backstage but nobody "starstruck" me. It's funny when it's people you met at school or before they became popular.

Once I was seated next to Peter Gabriel in a theater but we didn't talk, so it doesn't really count as "met".

I met a local musician once when I was photographing another music group in a bar, Super-Annoying-Guy craving attention, his group got a bit popular and he went to some tv and reality shows. I think ppl on that reality show couldn't stand him either.

Once I accidentally dropped a bottle cap on the head of the prime minister who was passing under a balcony (? not sure how to call that), I thought I was dead, I saw the security guards coming toward me like those guys in the Matrix. Luckily, he was in a good mood and accepted my apologies. Then we met again 30 min later, because I was one of the photographers at his press conference. How embarrassing.

Well mostly local artists, including Celine Dion. Most of the times, I pretend not to recognize them, except that time when after a concert I bumped into the singer and another musician on the sidewalk, I was wearing the t-shirt sold at the concert, it was hard to pretend I didn't recognize them, so we just nodded to each other and went our way.

Back