• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Little Things Some ACNH Players Might Not Know

Here’s a random thing I never knew about but my partner told me:

If the first tree you shake has a wasp, and you don’t shake any more trees, the wasp will be in the same tree the next day. Same if the first two trees you shake have wasps, they’ll be in the same trees tomorrow.

What is this good for? Unclear! 😆
. Maybe it's so you know which trees to avoid? I haven't tested this out yet and I'm not sure if I can because it's impossible to tell which trees have wasps and which don't.

I thought of a couple more things to add.

If you're having trouble catching fish, you might want to try using your hearing instead of your sight to know when the fish has taken the bait. I read that advice on this website, and now I usually close my eyes when I'm fishing so that the fish can't fake me out. I still haven't managed to get the Achievement for catching 100 fish in a row, but the fish section in my museum is complete!

There are 3 songs that you can only get from K. K. Slider by entering an incorrect name when requesting a song from him. The full list of K. K. Slider's songs is here if anyone is interested.

Here are three things I didn't know before today:

Putting your house on a beachfront means you can hear waves from inside your house without having to use the soundscapes.
A villager can gift you their photo when they visit your house.
When you turn off the lights you can see a pair of glowing red eyes in the entrance ways of the Ruins wallpaper.

in trying to search for a star fragment island, i learned that getting belongings luck from katrina (blue aura) actually guarantees you to get a rare island whenever you visit kappn that day. just hope you didn’t visit him before you got your fortune told!

I don't know if people have figured out the programming for the seasonal DIYs yet, but my experience with them is that it's really unlikely to get a seasonal DIY from a balloon present in the first few days of the season. I've tried shooting down a ton of presents to get the seasonal DIYs, but it seems like they only really start showing up on the 5th day of the season, after which they show up frequently until I've gotten them all. After that, I don't tend to get duplicates until the last few days of the season. This is both for the actual seasonal DIYs and stuff like the cherry blossom DIYs that cover a much shorter time period.

Back