• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Auction Marina the normal octopus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a ridiculous statement. How do can you expect new players earn 50m-120m for someone like Julian or Marshal? I've seen players with hardly a bell to their name desperate for particular villagers and still they can show how much they want that particular villager in their town. Now I understand that some people may want bells for a villager ~ personally I don't agree with this but i can understand how it's happened with how many people want popular villagers on the boards.

Simply because someone has more bells they are willing to offer does not under any circumstance relate to how much they want said villager. One is material, the other is immaterial that cannot be measured.

If the OP originally promised a dream villager to someone, unless something goes wrong/that someone shows signs of suspicious behaviour, that someone should receive her/him or else it just comes down to someone going back on their word.

That's what I meant. There's some people who can't afford to buy a villager for 50m-100m, and I think it's awful that someone offers something, the person who owns the villager accepts the offer, and then puts it up on auction to get more money, instead of selling it to the person who has it listed as their number one dream villager.

That's a ridiculous statement. How do can you expect new players earn 50m-120m for someone like Julian or Marshal? I've seen players with hardly a bell to their name desperate for particular villagers and still they can show how much they want that particular villager in their town. Now I understand that some people may want bells for a villager ~ personally I don't agree with this but i can understand how it's happened with how many people want popular villagers on the boards.

Simply because someone has more bells they are willing to offer does not under any circumstance relate to how much they want said villager. One is material, the other is immaterial that cannot be measured.

If the OP originally promised a dream villager to someone, unless something goes wrong/that someone shows signs of suspicious behaviour, that someone should receive her/him or else it just comes down to the OP going back on their word ~ regardless of circumstance.

I was talking about Marina in this case though. Lets just stop being off topic.

Last edited:
I was talking about Marina in this case though.

Whichever villager you were referring to is irrelevant. The concept of originally promising a villager to an indvidual who's expressed interest an interest in (in this case) *Marina*, have the offer accepted only to see the OP post an auction for her just to get more money is just wrong imo.

With the way with people duping and all, money making is really goddamn fast. But new players won't know what the heck is going on and can only rely on getting some of their Dream villagers by Luck and paitience (such as myself)

Which isn't really fair, but I feel this particular subject is going to be talked about in every Auction topic which is just going to come off as annoying to the OP.

Yesterday I didn't know that Marina was so highly valued, but today I found out that people have bought her for 15m or even more.
As I said, I'm trying to get Lolly (which is probably the most valued animal after Julian and maybe Fauna), and to get her I need money.

I think that almost everyone would have tried to sell her for more bells. It may be wrong, but if I have the chance to get several more bells, why shouldn't I just try?

im not that new, ive been playing since the start but ive had to restart loads beacuase of courupt errors, i had marina once for about a hour and like i miss her, i had to restart that town and i paied 4 million for her then D:

Yesterday I didn't know that Marina was so highly valued, but today I found out that people have bought her for 15m or even more.
As I said, I'm trying to get Lolly (which is probably the most valued animal after Julian and maybe Fauna), and to get her I need money.

I think that almost everyone would have tried to sell her for more bells. It may be wrong, but if I have the chance to get several more bells, why shouldn't I just try?

Lolly isn't that hard to get when you look in the right places. I got her for Fang.

Because if you promised her to someone you should keep that promise--just because you find out you could get more later doesn't mean you should take back your word to try and get as much as you can out of it :/

I wasn't lying, I was seeing the pity people take on dreamies, apparently none.

I have about 60 million and I seriously agree that these days, villagers that aren't the rare ones (Lolly or Rosie mostly) should be just given around for first say first take. If everyone did that, there would be no reason to sell villagers and then everyone would have their villagers but at the same time, not have to waste money to buy them or charge money to get the bells to buy villagers.

Statement closed, this should be a rule

seriously guys, dont bug anyone anymore, there's a mod watching o_O

hi thunder ;3

Last edited:
i understand she wanted a bit more money, but it is a little unfair since she promised, il just keep bidding but im really limited on my cash D:

if someone makes a promise, like 'yes i'll trade you marina' then puts it up for auction, i find that unfair.

it might just be me, though.

if someone makes a promise, like 'yes i'll trade you marina' then puts it up for auction, i find that unfair.

it might just be me, though.

No, that's a legit reason.

It IS Unfair.

Last edited:
even though thankyou for asking her, she wouldnt probably do it :eek: Il just keep bidding for her,im a bit worried since i once paied.. a staggering 110 million for her and the boy conned me and ended the sesion, i just want my girll back :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back