New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Is it possible to invite a villager from someone else's island to move into your own island, if all your 10 villager plots are occupied?

I've found out that inviting a villager from the campsite gives you the option to boot someone out to replace them, so I was wondering if the process were the same for inviting villagers from other people's islands. Thanks.

edit I tried, you cannot invite a villager from someone else's island into your own island unless you have the plot. Resident Services will tell that villager that there is no land available anymore.

Last edited:
There appears to be items that have variations... but I can't customise them with my customisation kit (at the moment).

Is there any way I can unlock this, or do you just use customisation kits for furniture you've crafted?

Is it possible to invite a villager from someone else's island to move into your own island, if all your 10 villager plots are occupied?

I've found out that inviting a villager from the campsite gives you the option to boot someone out to replace them, so I was wondering if the process were the same for inviting villagers from other people's islands. Thanks.

edit I tried, you cannot invite a villager from someone else's island into your own island unless you have the plot. Resident Services will tell that villager that there is no land available anymore.

Wait, so can you take a villager moving out from someone's island and they can live on yours, if you have the plot available?

EDIT: My initial question is, can villagers move in from one island to another? (is villager trading a thing???)

Last edited:
Is it possible to get more than a few different types of fruits or flowers on the Nook Miles islands?

The only non-native fruits I have are oranges (from Mom) and apples (from an island), and the only flowers I have are cosmoses, tulips, and hyacinths. I know there's been a lot of grumbling about this but I was wondering if anyone who is better at doing the Miles+ tasks than I can confirm if it's possible to get more options on the islands? (Rare is better than no chance at all; I'd rather not shell out for Switch online just for Animal Crossing, but if I have to then I will at some point I guess)

Hello! Will be getting the game later this week thanks to a dear friend.
I do have questions, though:

Do villagers still have personality-based gossip that signals no one is planning to move?
Like in New Leaf when jocks talked about being a prince from another planet or cranky villagers talking about how rumors are scary?

On the note of moving, does anyone know if you stop someone from moving and then don't play your game for a while, if like in New Leaf it won't select another candidate to move until you load the game up again on another day?
Asking because I am 31w2d pregnant, and when the baby comes I'm curious if there's a way to lock in my villagers until I have time to play again.

Finally, apart from varied dialog, is there any benefit to having all personalities present on your island?
I know in New Leaf they could all suggest different PWP's to be built. Is there something like that here or is it more about flavor text? Just curious.

Has anyone had a villager ask them to create a new catchphrase for them yet? I still haven't had it occur yet. I'm worried Nintendo removed this in an effort to stop getting villagers to say naughty words but it was one of my favorite things when I was little in the older games. Anyone have a villager ask them yet/know if this feature is removed?

When do villagers start appearing at Nookmiles islands again? After all three initial houses are built and all three villagers have moved in? Ozzie is my last villager from the islands but he’s still got boxes in his house today and I’m curious if going to an island would give me an opportunity to hunt for more villagers today.

Wait, so can you take a villager moving out from someone's island and they can live on yours, if you have the plot available?

EDIT: My initial question is, can villagers move in from one island to another? (is villager trading a thing???)

Yes, I believe it is a thing. I was able to talk to another villager from another island and they were happy to move into mine. I just didn't have a plot available so Resident Services couldn't let them in.

Last edited:
Using the cliff editing tool, is it possible to add back part of the cliff? I messed up so if not, I'll just not save and try again

does anyone know how long they have to wait for the shooting stars to show up? celeste is in my town, and i talked to her an hour ago, but i still haven't seen any shooting stars

Before I start my island, I want to know what things are permanent and cannot be changed? Also, can the island be renamed or is that permanent like in all of the previous games?

Before I start my island, I want to know what things are permanent and cannot be changed? Also, can the island be renamed or is that permanent like in all of the previous games?

you can't change the location of the resident services or physically change the beaches and river outlets. names can't be renamed either.

When's the earliest we can start adopting villagers from other towns? Curious to see if you can sequence break the personality chain or not.

does anyone know how long they have to wait for the shooting stars to show up? celeste is in my town, and i talked to her an hour ago, but i still haven't seen any shooting stars

i haven't met celeste yet, but i have experienced shooting stars and received fragments already. perhaps you're just unlucky rn!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it possible to get more than a few different types of fruits or flowers on the Nook Miles islands?

The only non-native fruits I have are oranges (from Mom) and apples (from an island), and the only flowers I have are cosmoses, tulips, and hyacinths. I know there's been a lot of grumbling about this but I was wondering if anyone who is better at doing the Miles+ tasks than I can confirm if it's possible to get more options on the islands? (Rare is better than no chance at all; I'd rather not shell out for Switch online just for Animal Crossing, but if I have to then I will at some point I guess)

yeah, it's possible to get non-native fruits and flowers, but it is pretty rare. i have cherries as a native fruit and have gone to islands with oranges and apples (but i see cherries theeeeeeee most). my friend found black tulips on one of the islands as well, and i've found blue windflowers.

Back