Hypno KK

vampire squid from heck
Bells
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
I'll make this first post all pretty and proper soon, but I wanted to get started with posting!

I created🐾🍀 on April 16, 2024. I chose the name because I figured animals wouldn't necessarily name their town something human, so I used the symbol keyboard to pick out a pawprint and a clover/flower. I think it's pretty unique and I won't get bored of it as easily as if I'd given it a word name.

At the beginning of this diary, these are the villagers living in the town:

cha191.gif
cha121.gif
cha059.gif
cha104.gif
cha154.gif

Blaire - Billy - Wart Jr. - Ozzie - Kitty

cha197.gif
cha128.gif
cha018.gif
cha122.gif
cha058.gif

Cally - Twiggy - Bea - Sven - Tad

cha171.gif

Anicotti

First proper entry in the next post!

My first proper post! Here's a quick recap of some noteworthy events up until this point:

- I caught a coelacanth!
- I met Wendell and totally loved him.
- Bea is my bff. Meanwhile, Wart Jr. keeps telling me to get a job... even though I'm often playing after getting home from work... thank you, Wart Jr.

---

The main story in this entry happened a couple of days ago. I should have seen the warning signs:

10.png

There was the time Anicotti told me she would have taken an item from me by force if I'd said no to a trade.

17.png

And the time Twiggy suggested I could scam my friends by using my house gyroid to sell them overpriced items.

11.png

And, of course, the fact that Anicotti seems to be a constant source of drama ever since she moved in. At first, I thought the issue was her neighbour Blaire, as I'd seen her have some drama with a couple of other villagers. Then, I noticed that seemingly everyone who interacted with Anicotti would walk away angry or sad. INTERESTING.

I discovered why the hard way when Anicotti MUGGED ME:

12.png

She told me she had an item to sell me and that 22.598 bells would be enough. I foolishly assumed this meant the price would be somewhere below 22.598 bells. I was wrong. She took all my money for the CHANCE of getting a rare item, or so she said. I got the non-rare one, so I guess I'll never know, but I do question whether there was even a rare item to begin with.

13.png

I hit her with my net. I pretty much never do this, because it seems pointless to be mean to some cartoon animals, but Anicotti STOLE EVERYTHING FROM ME. She was unrepetant and just insulted me instead of apologising.

14.png

Moved by their hatred of Anicotti and pity that I too had to deal with her, my other villagers have been super nice. Kitty almost immediately bought one of my items at a huge markup and ever since then they've been giving me random gifts.

15.png

Someone (probably Anicotti) has been sending the villagers some really weird letters. The first one I saw wasn't too bad and was even kind of poetic, but they've been getting stranger and stranger. Bea even mentioned getting multiple of these! "Got bugs, Bea???" is such a creepy think to ask. My first thought was Flick from NH, since he says creepy things about bugs all the time, but I don't think he was even born when this game came out.

No, I'm sure it's Anicotti, trying to sow chaos and confusion.

16.png

Cupcake moved in last night! That was a cool surprise, I didn't even know she existed. I've been enjoying the villagers who haven't returned in later games!

Thank you for reading :)

She told me she had an item to sell me and that 22.598 bells would be enough. I foolishly assumed this meant the price would be somewhere below 22.598 bells. I was wrong. She took all my money for the CHANCE of getting a rare item, or so she said. I got the non-rare one, so I guess I'll never know, but I do question whether there was even a rare item to begin with.
what omg.. I’ve heard about villagers stealing your money in the original but I had no idea it could be that much 😭

sorry if you don’t want me to comment here, I’m enjoying your diary though :>

what omg.. I’ve heard about villagers stealing your money in the original but I had no idea it could be that much 😭

sorry if you don’t want me to comment here, I’m enjoying your diary though :>

That's totally fine! I'm glad you're enjoying it and thank you for commenting :D Anicotti did give me a choice (though it wasn't the clearest imo) but apparently they can take it without permission?? It's wild and I'm a bit paranoid now haha.

Welcome to another update!

18.png

Puddles is the most recent move-in. I think it's funny that some of the villagers I got in this game would be right at home in my other AC games! My NL town has a ton of frogs, and in this town I've got Wart Jr, Tad, and Puddles so far. Blaire moved into my NH town and she's here too. That's pretty cool.

19.png

I was reading some old archived AC sites and discovered a neat trick. You can use a shirt or pattern to change your inventory's backgrounds by dragging it to the bottom right (like below that peach in the picture) which is really fun! I immediately had to try it.

20.png

Bea has been talking a lot about how much she wants to move away. Just today, she told me about it twice! She also ended up asking me if I'd miss her, which seemed to change her mind. :) From what I can understand, her conversations mean she would have moved if I'd visited another town. I don't have any towns to visit but I was still kind of sad that she was so willing to leave. Maybe now she's understood that she MUST STAY FOREVER. PLEASE, BEA, ILU.

21.png

Redd is going to be in town tomorrow, so my villagers have been talking about him a lot. They all agree that he's shady, and some have even managed to make themselves sad by revisiting memories of getting ripped off. Poor villagers.

Yesterday, I actually managed to attend KK's performance! That was really neat. I was disappointed that there are no villagers in attendance (??) but it was good to see him.

I've been playing this game almost every single day, so there's a lot of updates! I skipped Wednesday and this made SO MANY new weeds show up in my town. I can't imagine TTing in this game...

22.png

Kitt is the most recent move-in, meaning the town is now full! I'll make a post soon about all the villagers. I really like Kitt so far. I don't think I've had any kangaroo villagers before so it's neat to see her and her joey. I only wish the joeys would chime in on conversations :p

23.png

April 30 was the day of Nook's lottery. This was a relief because all the tickets were taking up space in my house. I was hoping to win the pond and the hamster cage. I only won the latter but that was lucky!

24.png

This is what my house looks like so far. As you can see, it's a mess and most things just don't match.

25.png

This has been my first time seeing the carp streamers! They're called koinobori and they're put up in early may, which when Children's Day in Japan takes place.

26.png

One thing that's fun about this game is that you can always ask villagers to give you errands. They're often fetch quests, but there's others. Billy recently asked me to plant flowers around his house so he could impress his crush haha.

27.png

Kitt showed me this strange letter and it's actually cute! I like how Kitt is a grown-up with a child of her own but her mother is still concerned about her :)

28.png

Redd's visit was uneventful and he didn't have anything interesting. Tortimer also visited to build a bridge that's going to come in really handy. Wendell showed up again yesterday and again, I think he's adorable! (If you haven't played, he says he's hungry. If you give him fish, he'll give you wallpaper.)

29.png

Bea asked me to catch a fish for her. I wanted to give her a little goldfish but couldn't find any, so I caught a koi for her. Here's her response! I love this game.

Things have been going well, but there's definitely a shadier underbelly to this town... and I'm not talking about Redd. In my next post, I'll share some of the things I've found out.

One of the seediest things about 🐾🍀 is the continued existence of Anicotti. Her reign of terror carries on unabated, with poor Blaire being her most frequent target due to being her closest neighbour.

30.png

Here, Sven was asking me for help getting his Game Boy back, because Anicotti had it. Look at how he describes Anicotti. Says it all, really.

33.png

For some reason that's totally unjustified, Anicotti seems to think I'm avoiding her. Why would I do that haha Anicotti that's just totally a wrong impression.

34.png

Of course, she took this opportunity to tell me about her new business. Sounds legit and not probably illegal or anything.

35.png

I agreed to buy some turnips at 2 bells each and ordered 100. Of course, Anicotti got mad at me and couldn't deliver. At least she didn't take my money.

But Anicotti regularly making everyone upset isn't even the saddest thing going on in this town.

31.png

I've been talking to Sable every single day. I have no idea if it unlocks anything other than extra dialogue, but I like Sable. She's finally warmed up to me enough to tell me the truth about her job. Tom Nook sells clothes made by the Able Sisters but doesn't pay them well at all. That's right, Tom Nook is operating a sweatshop.

32.png

Mabel, unfortunately, decides she's too afraid of Tom Nook to discuss the truth and insists that he pays them! He does! Mabel, sweetie, you need to unionise and stop trying to appease your exploitative boss.

Maybe I should boycott Tom Nook? I will only buy clothes directly from the Ables from now on and give them my money.

Now that 🐾🍀 has a full set of villagers, I decided to steal @BogusMeatFactory 's idea and make a post about what I think of each villager.

By the way, I found out that in ACGC only your last villager can move in/out normally. Everyone else only moves if you visit another town. To shake things up, I'm thinking of periodically using a save editor to change villagers, especially so I can meet some of the GC exclusives. Any opinions and thoughts are welcome!

Without futher ado...

Ozzie - Lazy koala. Ozzie is an overall solid guy and I like him a lot. He often has jobs for me and is always complimenting me, unlike some villagers, who are always insulting me and do stuff like STEALING. Thank you for being well-adjusted, Ozzie. You go, Ozzie. (By the way, did you know that his Japanese name means "acorn" because of his nose? Cute!)

Wart Jr. - Cranky frog. I know many people are haters and don't like my pal Wart Jr., but I love him. He's in my New Leaf town and it was very cool to see he was one of my first villagers here! Even though he's a cranky and therefore a bit mean, he's always helping me out. Sometimes he gives me new clothes and some fashion advice. His house is great, too, there's ponds and the sounds of crickets and frogs. SO GOOD. I want to rip off his house tbh.

Billy - Jock goat. Billy showed me that Jock villagers actually have a good dialogue in ACGC! He's become one of my closest friends in town, thanks to always giving me work to do and frequently giving me gifts. Unfortunately for him, he lives on the same acre as Anicotti, and is therefore one of her regular targets.

Blaire - Snooty squirrel. I've got Blaire in NH so I was initially excited when I saw her in ACGC. Of course, snooties are actually really mean in this game, so she's constantly insulting me. I think she's warming up to me because she's only rude sometimes nowadays. I feel bad for Blaire because she's Anicotti's #1 target due to how close their houses are.

Kitty - Snooty cat. I'm not a huge fan of her eyeshadow but she's really grown on me. She seems a bit meaner than my other Snooties, for some reason, but she's overall reliable. She does have the bad habit of trying to sell me random nonsense at a huge markup.

Sally/Cally - Normal squirrel. Confusingly, Sally is named Sally in ACGC (so I'll refer to her that way on here) but she's Cally in later games, with a different villager getting her former name instead. SO WEIRD. There's not a lot to say about her, she's a good villager.

Cupcake - Snooty cub. Cupcake is one of those villagers that was removed from later games, so I was excited to meet her! Even though she's a snooty, she's actually really nice to me. I wonder if ACGC has some system to make villagers of the same personality sound different? She's one of the most recent arrivals so we're not super close.

Kitt - Normal kangaroo. Looking at that Nookipedia entry, it's wild that her design has changed so much! She's my most recent move-in and, being a normal, she's really sweet. I love that her joey's facial expressions match hers, it's too cute!

Bea - Normal dog. Bea's design is actually much, much cuter in ACGC, I think it's the angle and proportions. She's my fave. She's always so nice to me and she once berated me because she waited all day to talk to me. I love her and she can do no wrong.

Sven - Lazy goat. Another GC villager! It's funny to me that I got both him AND Billy in my town. Sven is a pretty fun, chill guy, and I love his haircut.

Twiggy - Peppy bird. Twiggy is kind of shady, having previously instructed me on how to rip off my friends, but she's generally not malicious. She's actually really funny and expressive. Watching her run after the ball is really cute haha.

Tad - Jock frog. I've got a soft spot for frog villagers so I was really lucky to get Tad! His design is really cute to me and I love him. We're not very close yet (since he's a more recent arrival) but he's always giving me gifts and such and they're GOOD gifts.

Puddles - Peppy frog. Another frog!! Puddles's markings look kind of weird to me and I feel like her design could be so much better, but I like her anyway. Interestingly, she's much calmer and less shady than my other Peppies, which is nice. She's never tried to rip me off and I appreciate that about her.

And of course, there's Anicotti. I do not want to talk about Anicotti and the strife she's brought to this town :(

Back