• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Shellzilla's Pitlane of Art! (V.2)

I have to be honest with you, i cried when I saw stitches there. He's like my favorite villager and the way you drew him was just sooo cute. <3
Oh I didn't expect to make someone cry with this art! Tell you what: How about you start drawing Stitches to make him proud? I'm sure he'll love it and I'll cheer for you!

Oh I didn't expect to make someone cry with this art! Tell you what: How about you start drawing Stitches to make him proud? I'm sure he'll love it and I'll cheer for you!
I lack the ability to draw but if you keep drawing him, tag me so i can breakdown even more.

I lack the ability to draw but if you keep drawing him, tag me so i can breakdown even more.
If I can do it, so can you! Trust me, when I first started out, my drawings weren't that good. With enough practice, I eventually got to where I am now and even then I still think I can improve. The thing is, just dive into it and have fun! Don't worry too much but keep the balance of learning new stuff as well. Good luck! :)

All right! Here's my shot at trying to make pixel art for once. Here is Stitches running like an airplane in an endless loop. This is a continuation trying to emulate the style from Super Mario Bros. 3 except this time in pixel form! @Antonio, prepare to be overcome by cuteness in pixelated squares.
Pixel Stitches Animation Super Mario Bros 3 Style Large.gif

DISCLAIMER: The following designs contain decals that are made by other people. Links to those decals will be provided to give credit. This disclaimer will always appear in each post that contains stuff that isn't made by me.

For one of my first helmet designs, I decided to recreate the blue racing helmet from ACNH! Here is a reference to what it looks like if you aren't familiar with it. The angles shown here are from the front, side, and back. The top barely has anything to show for.

Front
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192138.jpg

Side

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192150.jpg

2022011316231200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
Back
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192159.jpg

2022011316231500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
You might be asking yourself: Shellzilla_515, how did you make the design identical? To answer that question, I used Inkscape to recreate those designs, which is a vector graphics editor software to make vector-based images (allowing you to stretch the image as much as you want without losing quality). I then upload it to the Gran Turismo website with my PlayStation account and access my designs from the game once done. Staying on the topic of Inkscape, I've recently started using this software again and learning how to use the tools. It's quite amazing how quickly I can make a design and be able to put it in GT Sport.

Anyway, here are the decals I made!
AC Helmet design shape 1.png

AC Helmet design shape 2.png

AC Helmet design shape 3.png

But I'm not done yet! I also took the time to add some Animal Crossing related decals made by other people to make it look like I have my own sponsors. A couple of decals also reference a game called Ace Combat X - Skies of Deception.

Front
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192000.jpg

Side
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192023.jpg

Back
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192042.jpg

Oh dear, Raymond is there too. We can't escape him!

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220114192056.jpg

As I've said earlier, I'll link the decals to their respective creators.
I'm no professional designer, so please feel free to leave some feedback if you want!

Your artstyle is ADORABLE!! I love how accurate they look and I adore cartoony artstyles!! You're so good at it<3

Your artstyle is ADORABLE!! I love how accurate they look and I adore cartoony artstyles!! You're so good at it<3
Thank you so much! 💙 Recreating the art styles from different cartoon shows are part of the fun! You may have already noticed this, but this thread is pretty old and it’s just very recently that I’ve brought it back up to post more art (and custom designs from a different game). My skills have improved quite a bit, so I’ll definitely get around to making more to showcase my progress. :)

I present to you another drawing. This time, it's Diva! Not a lot is going on as I'm aiming to improve my shading skills with a little bit of perspective sprinkled in. Personally, I'm satisfied with how it turned out, even though there are some errors I may not be aware of. Great to see that my skills are reaching the point where my drawings don't look flat.
Diva Jumping.PNG

the helmet looks fantastic!! also diva is so cute, she looks so happy 😊💕
Thank you! There are so many things for me to learn from both Inkscape and GT Sport's livery editor. Regardless, I still had a lot of fun doing it. As for Diva, she really is in a happy mood! 😁 She may not be everyone's favourite (or even disliked lol), but she deserves some love like each villager does. Shading is my weakness and seeing how I'm getting more and more comfortable doing it (even though there's still a lot of room for me to improve), it's great how I'm able to produce art in this quality that is not flat.

Thank you! There are so many things for me to learn from both Inkscape and GT Sport's livery editor. Regardless, I still had a lot of fun doing it. As for Diva, she really is in a happy mood! 😁 She may not be everyone's favourite (or even disliked lol), but she deserves some love like each villager does. Shading is my weakness and seeing how I'm getting more and more comfortable doing it (even though there's still a lot of room for me to improve), it's great how I'm able to produce art in this quality that is not flat.
the shading looks great on diva!! I especially like how you shaded the folds in her dress! it's definitely a step in the right direction :)

I present to you another drawing. This time, it's Diva! Not a lot is going on as I'm aiming to improve my shading skills with a little bit of perspective sprinkled in. Personally, I'm satisfied with how it turned out, even though there are some errors I may not be aware of. Great to see that my skills are reaching the point where my drawings don't look flat.
View attachment 427045

this is so adorable, shell! the shading is awesome, and i love how happy diva looks. 🥺💜

this is so adorable, shell! the shading is awesome, and i love how happy diva looks. 🥺💜
Why I didn't reply back sooner is beyond me. Thank you for the compliment, xara! Diva is having a good time that's for sure. 💙

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since I last posted in my art thread! I'm here to present some more car liveries (or get a better view if you're one of the few people who saw it in one of my posts from 'What Are You Happy About?' thread).

DISCLAIMER: The following designs contain decals that are made by other people. Links to those decals will be provided to give credit. This disclaimer will always appear in each post that contains stuff that isn't made by me.

I'll share my first car livery featuring a 1999 Honda S2000! Here are the different angles to get a better look.

Front
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230334.jpg

Left
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230310.jpg

Right
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230319.jpg

Rear
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230346.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230422.jpg

You may have noticed that there's a flag of The Philippines on the sides of the car. If you've read the post I've submitted in The Celebrating Diversity 2021 thread, you already know that I have a Filipino background. But for those who don't, now you know! When making my own Playstation account, my flag in-game is tied with the region I live in which is Canada. There's no other way to change it, so I've had to look up decals of anything that contains the flag of The Philippines to really show my background. If I had the ability to choose a flag, I'd take The Philippines in a heartbeat. I always noticed there aren't a lot of Filipinos who also like cars, or maybe there are and it's just not obvious enough online.

Anyway, for the design of the livery, it's roughly based on the City Tripper from Mario Kart 8. You might also notice that there are some extra icons not found on the city tripper. This is because the rest of the icons were taken from this ACNH phone wallpaper and I had to recreate them via Inkscape in higher quality!

Sidenote: If you look really closely at the Honda badge found at the front and back, you'll notice that I've placed a small red apple on top! I personally find it to be a little cute lol.

Sources:
Philippines Flag and number sticker
Animal Crossing Leaf Logo <- It was found on a website so thank goodness I didn't have to make one myself.

I've made another car livery in the same style, but this time a 1992 Honda NSX Type R!
Front
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230533.jpg

Left
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230509.jpg

Right
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230517.jpg

Rear
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230552.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220211230609.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but there's a tiny pink lighthouse placed on the red Honda badge at the front! The apples I placed on top of the pop-up headlights were done on purpose. I wanted it to look like it had eyes lol.

Basic shapes such as the circles and diagonal lines on the hood already came in with the game. Here are my own decals (saved as PNG) that I've used on my liveries for a better look:
ACNH House Pine Tree and Tree.png
ACNH Boat House Apple and Square House.png
ACNH Hut Tent and Palm Tree.png
Username.png
<-My username in the livery shows up as yellow. This is because the colours can be changed in-game, so this is what it looks like originally.

515.png

ACNH Grass patterns.PNG
<- The original file somehow got deleted. Thankfully, the decal was uploaded on the Gran Turismo website before it happened, so I took a screenshot of it.
Gran Turismo in AC style.png

The file size maximum to upload decals for use in GT Sport is 15 kb so this logo swap is actually made into separate files with smaller sizes to work around the limits. I put it all together in one for the sake of simplicity.

Decal used for this specific livery (source):
Isabelle Icon (Smash Ultimate)

My Final Thoughts for this post:
Despite the designs being fairly simple, it took me at least a couple of hours combined to complete both liveries as I had to plan out where things should go, make precise placements, and make sure that I'm satisfied with the designs. Even though GT Sport is mainly a game where you compete in races, I find myself enjoying the livery editor feature a lot and spending quite some time there. It may not be as impressive, but I always find it really cool that I created something by myself while also using Inkscape to create my own decals and getting used to the software. Thank you for hearing me out! :)

Edit: Fixed an image.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo in AC style.png
    Gran Turismo in AC style.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I haven't posted in nearly a month in my art thread here. I have another one to showcase!

Pitlane of Art 1.PNG

It's a drawing of my ACNH character and Queenie riding in a 1966 Honda S800. I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker when it comes to admiring classic cars. You may have already seen this since it's in my signature.

Anyway, it's my first car drawing on here that's not a rough sketch. I'll admit, I used a mirror tool to make things symmetrical in the first stages, but I did everything myself without assistance in the final outlines aside from a few straight lines. I think the shading department is getting a little better. I surprised myself that the small bump on the hood actually looks great. No doubt there's still more room to grow from here! I should definitely start focusing on cars that's not a Honda haha.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the S800 is leaning on to one side. This is because whenever I tried driving this car in GT Sport (and hopefully again in Gran Turismo 7), it likes to lean over heavily through corners and in some cases, rollover entirely. This is why Queenie is freaking out in the passenger seat lol. And because of the perspective I chose, the S800 looks way bigger than it's supposed to be. In reality, it's quite small!

Fun facts: Despite being decades apart, the S800 so happens to be the predecessor of the S2000 (look at my previous post for reference)! The S800 also happens to be one of the first cars that Honda has produced, with the T360 being their first automobile a few years earlier. Prior to that, they were mainly manufacturing motorcycles.

If you read this entire wall of text even though this thread is mainly about art, thank you for going through it all! :)

I haven't posted in nearly a month in my art thread here. I have another one to showcase!

View attachment 433372
It's a drawing of my ACNH character and Queenie riding in a 1966 Honda S800. I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker when it comes to admiring classic cars. You may have already seen this since it's in my signature.

Anyway, it's my first car drawing on here that's not a rough sketch. I'll admit, I used a mirror tool to make things symmetrical in the first stages, but I did everything myself without assistance in the final outlines aside from a few straight lines. I think the shading department is getting a little better. I surprised myself that the small bump on the hood actually looks great. No doubt there's still more room to grow from here! I should definitely start focusing on cars that's not a Honda haha.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the S800 is leaning on to one side. This is because whenever I tried driving this car in GT Sport (and hopefully again in Gran Turismo 7), it likes to lean over heavily through corners and in some cases, rollover entirely. This is why Queenie is freaking out in the passenger seat lol. And because of the perspective I chose, the S800 looks way bigger than it's supposed to be. In reality, it's quite small!

Fun facts: Despite being decades apart, the S800 so happens to be the predecessor of the S2000 (look at my previous post for reference)! The S800 also happens to be one of the first cars that Honda has produced, with the T360 being their first automobile a few years earlier. Prior to that, they were mainly manufacturing motorcycles.

If you read this entire wall of text even though this thread is mainly about art, thank you for going through it all! :)
oooh, is this the art you’ve been talking about in the “what are you happy about today?” thread? it looks amazing!! 💙

Apparently I never commented in here?? I love the cartoon styles you use for the villagers!! I think the shading you did on your most recent picture (with Queenie and the car) looks great. I definitely see some improvement in the shading from your previous pictures.

oooh, is this the art you’ve been talking about in the “what are you happy about today?” thread? it looks amazing!! 💙
I am once again replying late lol. But yeah, it's this one! Thank you for the compliment, xara. I'll most likely do some more car drawings while challenging my art skills in the process. 😊

Apparently I never commented in here?? I love the cartoon styles you use for the villagers!! I think the shading you did on your most recent picture (with Queenie and the car) looks great. I definitely see some improvement in the shading from your previous pictures.
Thanks, Croconaw! Animal Crossing and looking up wonderful art made by other people back in 2015 is what made me get into drawing in the first place. Because of this, my art style is similar to the series. Whenever I try to draw a person or animal, I somehow always end up with the body proportions of AC lol.

I'm definitely more comfortable with shading compared to when I first started out. I've always kept Mistreil's shading advice in mind, so it's helping me out quite a bit. In fact, I'm starting to have a little fun doing some shading whenever I'm tackling it. It's such a great feeling that my art is not looking flat.

View attachment 433372

This looks really cool! You’ve come a long way since the first time you posted sketches of a car. I still really love your style! Queenie looks really good in your style; I love her expression! ☺️

This looks really cool! You’ve come a long way since the first time you posted sketches of a car. I still really love your style! Queenie looks really good in your style; I love her expression! ☺️
Thank you very much, Dunquixote! My passion for cars has skyrocketed over the past couple of years and the art shown here definitely speaks volumes. I'm also juggling with the shading techniques as I'm still finding room to improve on it. Yeah, Queenie is just really shocked right now because she's not used to having someone driving around corners at a high speed. She's always thinking that I might crash or flip the car upside down. What a horrible time to have a long neck if that ever happens lol.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now that I'm here, I might as well dump a drawing and a simple car livery that a couple of you may have already seen. As a member of Team Blue's Clues from TBTWC, I thought I'd make a simple design that's themed around it! Can you find the numerous pawprints that Blue has left behind on the Porsche 911 GT3 RS?

Front

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205900.jpg

Right
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205744.jpg

Left
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205801.jpg

Rear
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205813.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205833.jpg

It's a little hard to see the text because of the lighting oof.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328205937.jpg

I'll dump the decals I've used here that were originally SVG files:
Blue's Clues Joe.png
Blue's Clues Steve.png
Blue's Clues Pawprint.png

TBTWC 2021 Badge.png
Blues Clues TBTWC 2021.png

I can't stress enough how much I want to know who originally made the flag design for Blue's Clues because I forgot their name and want to give them full credit! Saving the original image and trying to trace it over was a bit of a challenge because of how small and pixelated it was (I found it on the closing ceremony thread or something like that).

Recently, I've finished another drawing, and it's Sterling holding up a sign! Along with many artists around the world, I have this issue where my drawing would lean over to one side. Since being made aware of it, I've been constantly flipping my art every few minutes to ensure it doesn't happen or at the very least, minimize the lean. For the shading, it's more of a challenge considering where I've put the light source. Speaking of which, I feel like there's something wrong with Sterling's left leg, but I don't know why. I'd be really happy if someone could point out the problem!
skraaw!.PNG

But I'm not done yet! I even went as far to trace it over in Inkscape so I could use it in GT Sport! But given the limitations of the decal uploader, I had to keep it unshaded entirely. Here's what it looks like on a RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7.

20220328225250.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220328224034.jpg
And here's what the decal is supposed to look like. There are a few retouches here and there to make it a little more symmetrical. It actually has no text on it, so there's more flexibility as to what I want on there whether it'd be a number or some funny text.
Sterling Holding up sign.png

Speaking of which, here are a few (funny?) things that I came up with!
Sterling Holding up sign (2).png

Sterling Holding up sign (3).png
Sterling Holding up sign (4).png
As with the traditional Shellzilla_515 style of making a large post, I'll stop here now before it gets worse hahaha.

It's been just over two months since I've last posted in this thread. I'm working on an art project since late March, but I won't reveal what it is until it's done which is a long way to go. This means I don't have any new art (aside from my project of course), so I'll take the opportunity to post some of my past art in the meantime. Here goes!
AC in Loud House Style.PNG

I made this art right at the end of 2020. You may have already seen this art if you looked in my signature spoilers, but here's a better look. I drew all 10 of my villagers in NH in the art style from The Loud House! I remember feeling so proud of this piece for getting the style right all the way down to the line quality (I had to press the undo button SO many times lol). Usually, it would end up horribly trying to mimic an art style. I even have individual pieces for each villager just by themselves. Fun fact: from right to left, my villagers are ordered depending on when they moved onto my island. This means that Sterling and Diva have been with me from the very beginning while Queenie is the last one who moved in! And they all still live on my island to this day. :)

Sterling
Sterling.png

Diva
Diva.png

Patty (I personally think this is the best one I've done out of everyone)
Patty.png

Stitches
Stitches.png

Carrie
Carrie.png

Raymond (remember people going crazy for him when NH first came out? Those were some 'fun' times indeed)
Raymond.png

Rocco (I used to dislike him, but I appreciate his presence like the rest of my villagers after some time)
Rocco.png

Bea
Bea.png

Gruff
Gruff.png

Queenie
Queenie.png

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this piece even though it's been a year and a half since I finished it!

Back