• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Starting Villagers

smonikkims

Bells
Lucky
Jack
Lobo
Isabelle
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Blue Hybrid Rose
Mint
August Birthstone (Peridot)
What are you planning to do with them? Switch them out immediately for more desirable ones if necessary, or are you willing to give them a chance to see if you end up liking them more in this new installment?

Personally I'll give everyone a chance even if I get a whole heap of uglies, but probably won't be too sore about them leaving earlier rather than later if we don't click! I'm looking forward to trying to gain some new villager tastes with the new pool of villagers they're hopefully going to add.

I'll check if I like them, then I'll probably move out the ones I don't like.

I give everyone a chance... and I usually take a liking to every one of them haha. They are all so cute in their own way.

If I like them and their house is in a desirable spot, I'll keep them. Otherwise I'll just let them move out on their own terms and replace them with villagers I like from other towns.

It depends whether I like them or not. I have the amiibo card of Celia and Kitt so if Nintendo allows amiibo function, I'll scan them into my new town.

I'm probably going to use a similar strategy that I did with AC:NL. I usually keep at least my favorite starter and then cycle through from there. I like having a villager that's been there with me from the very start, and I usually get attached to most of my other starters and then have a rough time letting them go.

when i started New Leaf, i didn't care and gave everyone a chance. i even got all their pics. i want to do the same in this game. i want to enjoy each villager rather than just focus on immediately replacing them with dreamies, as long as they aren't moved into terrible spots.

I'm actually not too picky with my villagers. The only thing that for some reason really bothers me is if in my town there's more than one of the same species. And if I had a preference I'd rather not have villagers that I've had in the past, but I get so attached to any villager I start with and I can't let them go haha

I'm definitely giving them all a chance! I've played the game so long I have learned to enjoy the random villagers I'm given rather than going for favorites. I always have room for more favorites!

I'll likely let the ones that I don't like the design of move out, and if possible, reset cycle to get the villagers I want when I'm bored and have the time to do so. Hopefully I like at least one villager from the beginning, as I'd like to keep one of my starters through it all!

And if Nintendo has them move into random spots in the town then I might have to let some move out if it conflicts with my town planning... Hopefully they let you zone specific areas for villagers this AC.

I'll keep them. Trying to get your dreamies sounds nice but I like to know new neighbors to fall in love with them. Everyone has a chance for me :)

I will probably do the same like I do in New Leaf for a while now: Giving every villager a chance
and let them stay in the town till they move out on their own.

I'm not too choosy when it comes to villagers, as long as they aren't completely ugly (and there are a handful that fit that category). Ideally I'd want one from each personality type, but I'm willing to adapt to whoever I have at the start and see what happens.

i won't care this time who they are.
i'd switch them to the ones i like as soon as possible

I usually spend some time with them and I will likely keep a few of them around. I'm not aggressively moving them out, but I won't try to keep the ones I am not fond of from moving.

I'll probably keep them around, as long as they aren't someone like Biff and their house isn't in a terrible location. I think having completely random villagers could be quite refreshing. I'll probably have to move out 1 or 2 though, just so I can move in a few old favorites. Hopefully they raise the population cap so I don't have to cull quite as many.

Back