Lilyfield
Lavendale
Turtlecliff
Bluevine
Fourclover
Risingtide
Pepperspring
Butterlake

I named mine Oak Harbor because I thought it sounded pretty neutral.
My New Leaf town is CookieMt.
My wild world town is Mulberry.

Other nice names:
Windfall - used irl for small towns actually
LittleRoot - from pokemon
Cinnabar - from pokemon
LillyCove - from pokemon
SolTide - I used it for a past game. Play on words for the sun, soul, and the afterlife and the ocean having tides.
SeaHaven
RockHaven
Zircon - I used Zircon Shores in Dinkum which is too long for acnh. Zircon is a red stone.
Port Slate

To come up with a name, you can make a list of tiny words you like and pair two together or mash them together. Or you can look at real life names for towns, harbors, ports ect and snag one of them.
Let us know whatever name you go with! 🙂

An idea, is name it after a refrence from a story, game, so fourth your into. You'll probably stick with that island more!

i think berrycrest or pinebury sounds the best. i would suggest berrycrest if you actually want to make your town strawberry/cherry themed, pinebury gives me fall/winter forest vibes. i actually think that strawbury looks cute.

Hmm, I think I'm going to go with Rosegard (Or Rose Garden). Its nice to say and sounds unique, but not overly fancy/standout-ish.

I like all of those names really. Berrycrest is a really good one if you're going to go with a more neutral island that leans into the fruit trees aspect a lot. Especially cherries. Pinebury definitely gives me a forest vibe, and the cedar trees would do wonders with that, and you would definitely have to go all out for the Christmas season.

I reset twice last week. The first time, I landed on an island with cherry trees. Didn't like that, so I reset again, and landed on an island with pear trees. Staying there. I do miss my villagers, and the progress I've made.

I've reset twice and am currently considering another restart because I never really connected with this island like I did the first two. I don't hate it or anything; I just feel indifferent to it. Once I got every villager I wanted, finished the museum, collected all the DIYs, and got everything where I want it I feel like I have nothing to do now. What's holding me back is the sheer amount of stuff I don't want to lose: Sanrio items, villager photos and posters I ordered from here, and very rare red, orange, and black roses I bred, which all breed blue roses at 25 percent. It would likely take me a week or two to settle on a new island because I'm so picky about the requirements. Asking someone to hold stuff that long seems like too much. Plus I don't have the most reliable internet connection. I'm focusing on playing Pokemon Violet right now anyway so completing the game and Dex on there will certainly keep me busy awhile.

So, I have two islands. My main that I started day 1 (switch lite: Main switch) and my other that I've barely touched (regular switch pretty much docked at all times) I'm tempted to actually restart my original island. But I don't know. I honestly haven't touched either island that much in recent times.

I got the second switch in part to have that second island to reset. It's just I've broken down and rebuilt pieces of my first island so many times, but never fully finished. There's also the worry of if I restart that og island I'll regret it and will not finish an island anyway.

Edit/Update: Decided to reset my second island. Still trying to figure out a name for it.

Last edited:
The one thing about Restarting that sucks Is that you have to relearn all the DIYS that you learned before. The problem is they are SO hard to even get back because of how RNG the game is. I do have a Switch Lite too, but I am using that for collecting photos. My main island hasn't been in use for a long while.

its going to be a tiresome tedious task of trying to move everything over. From my items, to villagers, and it would take me a long while. Not to mention relearning all the DIYS especially the Gold tools. If I really want to restart then I will have to convince myself if I want to it. I have to set myself a goal to have my 2nd island character relearn the DIYS that my main character has. It sounds really outlandish but if I can somehow do it then it can be done, but for right now I am not going to stress myself over this. I need to learn to take my time.

I always overly organize/terraform to the point I regret it and wanna restart, but im not sure I have the willpower to redo the hhp dlc for like the 6th time lmao
Asking someone to hold stuff that long seems like too much.
If you ever restart and want someone to hold onto your stuff then I wouldn't mind, just thought I'd offer in case :)

Ugh resetting is looking more and more tempting. Going through many possible days (or even weeks if my luck is bad!) of resetting to get the map I want, however, is not tempting in the least. I don't really like the map I currently have now. Well I'll decide for sure once I complete Pokemon Violet.
If you ever restart and want someone to hold onto your stuff then I wouldn't mind, just thought I'd offer in case :)
If I do reset sometime I'll keep your offer in mind. I appreciate it.

I was hemming and hawwing about resetting for a solid month or so, and finally bit the bullet yesterday after reading much discussion on it, both on here and off-site. The overwhelming advice/response given to those considering resetting, on other sites, was just to flatten the island... but I'd done it so many times and still wasn't happy, tbh. I was tired of the island name, had some of the same villagers from the very start of the game, had most of the items that I'd wanted... but nothing I tried seemed to spark the old love I had for my island back when I'd first made it, so I went ahead and reset (with the help of a wonderful user here who held some of my stuff for me - thanks again, if you read this!).

In the hours leading up to the reset I was a little nervous, thinking that I'd have to give it a million tries before finding a map and starting villagers that I'd like, but to my great surprise, the very first map I picked was absolutely perfect for the kind of landscaping I've wanted to do. My previous island had Resident Services in a really awkward location with just the thinnest strip of land beside it and I found it impossible to decorate to my satisfaction. I now have more than enough room to work with.

If anyone is seriously considering resetting, but not sure whether to go ahead and do it, I say give it a shot. If your choices are, like mine, between not playing at all because you don't like your island, or finding an excuse to invest more time actually playing the game while building up a new one... I think the solution there is obvious :)

I was hemming and hawwing about resetting for a solid month or so, and finally bit the bullet yesterday after reading much discussion on it, both on here and off-site. The overwhelming advice/response given to those considering resetting, on other sites, was just to flatten the island... but I'd done it so many times and still wasn't happy, tbh. I was tired of the island name, had some of the same villagers from the very start of the game, had most of the items that I'd wanted... but nothing I tried seemed to spark the old love I had for my island back when I'd first made it, so I went ahead and reset (with the help of a wonderful user here who held some of my stuff for me - thanks again, if you read this!).

In the hours leading up to the reset I was a little nervous, thinking that I'd have to give it a million tries before finding a map and starting villagers that I'd like, but to my great surprise, the very first map I picked was absolutely perfect for the kind of landscaping I've wanted to do. My previous island had Resident Services in a really awkward location with just the thinnest strip of land beside it and I found it impossible to decorate to my satisfaction. I now have more than enough room to work with.

If anyone is seriously considering resetting, but not sure whether to go ahead and do it, I say give it a shot. If your choices are, like mine, between not playing at all because you don't like your island, or finding an excuse to invest more time actually playing the game while building up a new one... I think the solution there is obvious :)
That’s great you got your map on the first try. It took me about two months to decide to restart my second island. I was definitely nervous about restarting but finally did at the end of last month. It took a lot less time that I thought it would to get my perfect map. I agree with giving restarting a try I am so happy I restarted.

Well I believe I've made up my mind and will be restarting soon since I finished Violet yesterday. I've narrowed down what I want to keep to 3 trips total. Most of it is Sanrio stuff which is hard for me to get again since I don't have access to the cards. Once I deal with some rl stuff this week I should be uploading my DA for my current island then deleting it.

Onward toward reset purgatory! Goodbye Pookytopia 2.0, looking forward to Pookytopia 3.0.

For some reason i deleted my save, i cant remember why, and instantly had regret, but i gotta say, the past 2 days of the game have been great, so maybe this wasnt a bad thing, villager hunting went well for my first 3 (didnt care about what normal i had, was able to get bianca and stu within 5 tickets thankfully), i had fun getting creatures for blathers and will have a museum in a few days, and a shop i thonk tomorrow, maybe this reset was what i needed, i feel a lot more inclined to play

Hey I just reset my island bc I got bored and wanted to not have my real name Incase I play with people here as well as just wanting a fresh start bc I grew tired of my villages name I wanted to go with "Foosha Village" which is where One Piece my favorite manga of all time starts there it wouldn't fit so with the help of someone I named it "Foosha Bay"

Last edited:
I reset for the hundredth time and it's really impossible for me to get the perfect map. Yellow airport, peaches, roses. Big peninsula, butterfly rock and no other bigs rocks or small rocks in sand.

I have all of that now, but my only dislike is that the small pier and that the left side of the map is the small side from river. I really reset for a long time now and it was near impossible to just get an adequate map from the first glance. I really hope the next entry changes that aspect of randomeness, until then I'll make do with what I have. This aspect really doesn't matter in the end and after I'm done with that save file I want to focus on a new New Leaf town until the next game. Wild World too, but I don't remember that having many unlockables.

Back