Theory: All Villagers Will Have an amiibo Card

Now I'm wondering though, if absolutely all, including the GC-exclusive, will get cards so that absolutely every villager that ever existed gets one.

What would be bad is if they are sold in a "pack", so that you have one villager in there you really love, but like 3 you don't care for. But you'll end up buying it if you really want that one villagers. If they are smart about raking in the $$$, that's what they would do, mix the popular ones with the non-popular ones. Sigh. I sort of already know how I'm gonna get played, but... I don't care. I'll buy it!

What would be bad is if they are sold in a "pack", so that you have one villager in there you really love, but like 3 you don't care for. But you'll end up buying it if you really want that one villagers. If they are smart about raking in the $$$, that's what they would do, mix the popular ones with the non-popular ones. Sigh. I sort of already know how I'm gonna get played, but... I don't care. I'll buy it!

I don't think Nintendo cares about the popularity of villagers. They'd more likely than not do repeats of more recognizable faces i.e. Tom Nook. That, and the popularity of villagers is ever-changing, I doubt that they'd care to track it that much, especially when people's tastes vary so much.

I don't think Nintendo cares about the popularity of villagers. They'd more likely than not do repeats of more recognizable faces i.e. Tom Nook. That, and the popularity of villagers is ever-changing, I doubt that they'd care to track it that much, especially when people's tastes vary so much.

It's pretty much certain that they'll be done in blind packs. Maybe they will have characters like isabelle or tom nook a guaranteed pull in certain packs or even sold by themselves, but for the hundreds of nobody-cares villagers you'll have to buy the boosters to find them

Now I'm wondering though, if absolutely all, including the GC-exclusive, will get cards so that absolutely every villager that ever existed gets one.

I doubt any characters that weren't in New Leaf will get a card, considering the models for the characters will probably be re-used from New Leaf, being a spin-off and all.

The cards being numbered doesn't necessarily mean they'll be released in sets. I wish they'd do that (so we could pick which sets we wanted to buy and avoid getting any or at least as many repeats) but if they give you the option to buy them in smaller numbers, they'll probably be booster packs. They might be numbered just as an easy way to reference them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I doubt any characters that weren't in New Leaf will get a card, considering the models for the characters will probably be re-used from New Leaf, being a spin-off and all.

I agree, the character models don't seem to be new so it would be extra work to create new models for the characters that weren't included in New Leaf. They'd probably do it for a full game but I don't think they will just for a spin-off.

It's pretty much certain that they'll be done in blind packs. Maybe they will have characters like isabelle or tom nook a guaranteed pull in certain packs or even sold by themselves, but for the hundreds of nobody-cares villagers you'll have to buy the boosters to find them

If it's anything like pokemon cards then you'll probably have a pretty good chance to get 3+ special characters(Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc) in a pack and the rest(7) will be villagers.

And the whole popularity thing isn't gonna fly with Nintendo. Why would you purposely include popular villagers and risk the chance of people not buying more packs to just get that one villager they want?
While we have our own little ranking system on TBT, Nintendo had their own system to determine this inside of the Animal Crossing Wara-wara plaza app for the Wii U. It had a ranking system in it for villagers they would do every now and then.

Everyone should probably be asking whats the point of the special character cards too. Are you going to be able to decorate their houses too? Do they serve the same purpose as normal villager cards?

Everyone should probably be asking whats the point of the special character cards too. Are you going to be able to decorate their houses too? Do they serve the same purpose as normal villager cards?

Probably, though they might make them a bit special by idk you furnish their respective places of buisness instead (tom nooks shop maybe?)

Probably, though they might make them a bit special by idk you furnish their respective places of buisness instead (tom nooks shop maybe?)

Or else it's just the cool factor of getting to see what their houses look like, and (for people who aren't very familiar with the series but know what it is) characters that they'd associate with the series.

I hate booster packs
Wasting money on majority of cards you already have
But I have a feeling they will be blind as they wont package each card individually.
They might come in pack sets as the numbers on card infer

I wouldn't mind it if they would sell them individually at a greater price than the comon blind bag / booster pack. I really don't want to go through booster packs... That would suck big big time... I'll pay 5$ each card if that may be, as long as I get to chose which card I buy...

If they are intelligent about it, they'll make it order able online, that way they don't end up with overstock, they only make the ones that need to be made...

Last edited:
I certainly hope all villagers get a card (I need Jambette and Hazel ;w; ) I'd like to see some categorizing into the packaging (i.e villager type, numbers in general, etc) I tend to go into times where I will binge-buy packs and packs of pokemon cards and just sell the extras on various bidding sites (especially Ebay and Listia, but Listia moreso since it's free and people go CRAZY over even the simplest cards.) so I'd probably do the same with the amiibo cards. Granted, it might set me back a few more dollars than pokemon tcg does, but whatever. At the current place I am in, I don't even plan on getting the game (I just want the cards) but that may change when the device for the normal 3ds/3ds xl to use these cards is released.

To nouvelle :

But that would mean u won't spend much. $50 tops for all your current favorites villagers that's in your town.

But if its blind pack, than u may even spend more than that just to get 1 card.

Last edited:
To nouvelle :

But that would mean u won't spend much. $50 tops for all your current favorites villagers that's in your town.

But if its blind pack, than u may even spend more than that just to get 1 card.

Yes, but eBay will make that money, not Nintendo... I won't waste money more than I need to. I'm not even getting the game, I'm only collecting the cards I want and preparing for AC Wii U (crossing fingers).

BTW, Sidewalk, I really like your avatar photo. Very reminiscent of mine actually. I love ducks in Animal Crossing, and I love people having screen caps of them as avatar.

Last edited:
Yes, but eBay will make that money, not Nintendo... I won't waste money more than I need to. I'm not even getting the game, I'm only collecting the cards I want and preparing for AC Wii U (crossing fingers).

BTW, Sidewalk, I really like your avatar photo. Very reminiscent of mine actually. I love ducks in Animal Crossing, and I love people having screen caps of them as avatar.

Thanks! i like your avatar too, Pate is 1 of my permanent resident :)

Personally, I don't think that they'll be able to make more than 333 individual cards, but I'd love it if they did! I'd probably not get my hopes up for it, though.

Back