Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Gold Hybrid Rose
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
We get several threads a day on campsite resetting/island hopping, with people wanting to rejoice at finding bespectacled cats, complain at how many times they encounter a certain blue hamster, or generally just asking people to wish them luck. These are starting to clutter the board and push discussion threads down, so please use this thread from now on to share your villager hunting stories.

Good luck! :)

Update November 8th 2021, following HHP DLC release:
Hi all! I've merged a number of threads into this one that were serving identical functions to either rejoice about finding the new villagers or talk about hunting for them. This is to reduce clutter and prevent discussion and question threads from sinking rapidly.

Last edited:
Yesterday's island hopping finds:
• Puck
• Tipper
• Friga
• Harry
• Sprinkle
• Graham
• Spike
• Billy
• Billy
• Bluebear
• Fauna 😭
• Jambette
• Tammi
• Chevre
• Spike
• Plucky
• Bonbon
• Cashmere
• Alice
• Rolf
• Plucky
• Del
• Octavian
• Mathilda
• Tia (invited)
*I so regret not inviting Fauna, but Tia is cute too!*

Yesterday's island hopping finds:
• Puck
• Tipper
• Friga
• Harry
• Sprinkle
• Graham
• Spike
• Billy
• Billy
• Bluebear
• Fauna 😭
• Jambette
• Tammi
• Chevre
• Spike
• Plucky
• Bonbon
• Cashmere
• Alice
• Rolf
• Plucky
• Del
• Octavian
• Mathilda
• Tia (invited)
*I so regret not inviting Fauna, but Tia is cute too!*

Tia was one of my favourite villagers in New Leaf. Enjoy having her! :D

Awesome! I wanted to talk about my campsite method experience but since I wasn't sucessful I ended up not doing it. anywayyy

I was looking for Ankha and I didnt have a snooty AND a uchi, but funny enough I mostly got snooty:

(07/05) Judy (Snooty) (LMAO)
(09/05) Elvis (Cranky)
(08/05) Eloise (Snooty)
(08/05) Soleil (Snooty)

(14/05) Goose (Jock)
(07/05) Eugene (Smug)
(??/05) Ursala (Uchi)
(14/05) Pekoe (Normal)
(21/05) Pippy (Peppy)
(11/05) Willow (Snooty)
(08/05) Reneigh (Uchi)
(17/05) Moose (Jock)
(12/05) Julia (Snooty)
(18/05) Gladys (Normal)
(18/05) Astrid (Snooty)
(??/05) Benjamin (Lazy)
(11/05) Queenie (Snooty)
(15/05) Mint (Snooty) 💔

(14/05) Filbert (Lazy)
(23/05) Julian (Smug) (lmao 2)
(27/05) Opal (Snooty)
(01/06) Yuka (Snooty)
(16/05) Becky (Snooty)
(10/05) Monique (Snooty)

(12/05) Murphy (Cranky)
(22/05) Norma (Normal)
(12/05) Kidd (Smug)
(21/05) Kyle (Smug) (got him, stopped here for the day)
(11/05) Francine (Snooty)
(24/05) Annalise (Snooty)

(16/05) Flo (Uchi)
(09/05) Mathilda (Snooty)
(23/05) Mott (Jock)
(24/05) Gloria (Snooty)
(11/05) Frita (Uchi) 🤧 i love her but passed
(26/05) Bitty (Snooty)
(07/05) Dobie (Cranky) 🤧 i love him but passed
(10/05) Kitty (Snooty)
(27/05) Timbra (Snooty)

(11/05) Genji (Jock) 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 i absolute adore him one my favs but passed
(25/05) Meregue (Normal)
(19/05) Phoebe (Uchi)
(17/05) Deirdre (Uchi)
(12/05) Hazel (Uchi)
😰😰 (started getting scared I was going to get more uchis)
(09/05) Tipper (Snooty)
(12/05) Freya (Snooty)

(13/05) Lyman (Jock)
/--- Stopped for the day ---/
(13/05) Miranda (Snooty)
(23/05) Fuschia (Uchi)
(13/05) Sylvia (Uchi)

(21/05) Pecan (Snooty)
(17/05) Cherry (Uchi)
/--- I was getting uchis with more frequency so I was giving up and stopped for good three days or so --/
(15/05) Boone (Jock)
(23/05) Gigi (Snooty)
(21/05) Rudy (Jock)
(19/05) Broccolo (Lazy)
(17/05) Louie (Jock)
(15/05) Diva (Snooty)
(15/05) Phil (Smug)
(15/95) Mallary (Snooty)

Ended up buying Ankha. Sad that I wasn't sucessful but this was taking way too long and I just wanted to play normally again. I think my odds would be better if I had an uchi, I could have picked Frita and keep going, but everything worked out in the end and this was a nice experiment. I may do this in the future (wayyy future) to get Muffy.

I went island hopping today

1: Zucker
2: Patty
3: Barold
4: Olive
5: Greta
6: Dizzy
7: Chevre
8: Ken
9: Anabelle
10: Leonardo
11: Tipper
12: Louie
13: Alfonso
14: Nana
15: Weber
16: Peck
17: Chief
18: Merengue
19: Broffina
20: Frita

I almost invited Chief but I already have Bruce and I'm still looking for Kabuki and I don't want three cranky villagers.
Alfonso is pretty cute but (again) I have two lazy villagers rn and I was looking for one of my dreamies so I had to pass him up as well.

Also, for those who think I'm "insane" for passing up Zucker or Merengue, I had both in New Leaf and honestly didn't like either of them.

I've spent over 6 hours the past 3 days campsite hunting for audie! Wish me luck! I'm going through TONS of villagers, and seem to be getting quite the peppy streak, I hope I encounter her soon!

So I saved upNMT to island hop to get my first 10 villagers completed, obviously I got the campsite villager which I got SUPER lucky with... and then I got my other villagers naturally through island hopping~
  • My campsite villager was Raymond which I was super happy with😊 he made up for my starter villagers ribbot and Mira 😂

• For the first 3 villagers I got melba as my normal which I was happy with, I got Erik as my lazy who I love and I got audie as my peppy, it took less than 10 tickets to get these which I thought was really lucky
  • My 7th villager was Skye who is my 2nd favourite villager in the entire game so I was buzzing getting her
  • My 8th villager was fauna😊 she’s not one my favourites but she’s super cute and I had her on new leaf so I like her
  • My 9th villager was sherb, he’s cute and blue and a lazy so I love him❣️
  • My final villager was merengue, she’s another normal meaning I have 4🙈 but I don’t mind because normals are in my top 3 personalities

Personally I think i was super lucky with my villagers especially considering I used barely any NMT and it was all natural. The only problem was the fact that I ended up with a bunch of normals and now I have no crankies or snooties but I don’t mind as my villagers are pretty good I think😂

Ribbot, Mira, melba, audie,Erik, Raymond,Skye,fauna,sherb and merengue sounds like a pretty good bunch of villagers lol

I've passed up a few decent villagers such as Erik but gambler's fallacy normally screws me over.

I got Mitzi, Lobo, Rudy, and Raymond from island hopping, but I have seen my fair share of undesirables. Raymond took some effort, while the others were just happenstance. Rudy and Lobo I found on gold rock and hybrid islands respectively.

I did run into a lot of desired villagers that I ultimately passed on. Lucky, Lily, Zucker, Marina, Judy, Audie, that sweets designed rhinoceros. They just weren't in the cards to be brought back as I was hunting for Raymond when I found them. Felt bad ditching em.

I've been extremely lucky, but yet unlucky at the same time...

Most of my dreamies are bottom tier on the popularity list but every time I go island hopping for them, I come across a top tier villager! Even though the villager is not on my dreamy list, the fact that they are extremely popular online makes them hard to resist and I feel obligated to invite them to my island just to give them away or sell them to someone! For example, I found Judy on only my 3rd or 4th ticket, and knowing people have spent countless hours and miles searching for her, couldn't say no. So now she is living on my island as a temporary resident lol. Some other popular villagers I've seen are Whitney and Stitches. So yeah, I've been very lucky finding popular villagers, but very unlucky finding my unpopular dreamies x)

I've passed up a few decent villagers such as Erik but gambler's fallacy normally screws me over.
Yeah that’s happened to me lol, I found static who’s one of my favourites but he didn’t “fit the theme” which I regret and I never found anyone good, after that I ended up having to restart anyways and then I changed my theme😂
Post automatically merged:

I got Mitzi, Lobo, Rudy, and Raymond from island hopping, but I have seen my fair share of undesirables. Raymond took some effort, while the others were just happenstance. Rudy and Lobo I found on gold rock and hybrid islands respectively.

I did run into a lot of desired villagers that I ultimately passed on. Lucky, Lily, Zucker, Marina, Judy, Audie, that sweets designed rhinoceros. They just weren't in the cards to be brought back as I was hunting for Raymond when I found them. Felt bad ditching em.
Yeah I passed up ruby even though I loved her, I actually noted down all of the villagers ~

Bangle

Twiggy

Ava

Tammi

Al

Melba✔️

Clay

Audie✔️

Erik✔️

Pietro

Skye✔️

Marcel

Hamlet

Bud

Patty

Fauna ✔️

Kitt

Hans

Avery

Lyman

Sherb✔️

Patty

Lucha

Stu

Lyman

Cube

Boomer

Billy

Blanche

Ruby

Canberra

Chow

Curly

Lucha

Margie

Norma

Peanut

Wade

Merengue✔️

I've only went island hopping twice and both times within 5 tickets i found a dreamy for my island 🥺
The first time it was Sherb, I SCREAMED lmao 2nd time I got Merengue!
i'm about to go again today since someone is moving out, lets hope im just as lucky.

I've been extremely lucky, but yet unlucky at the same time...

Most of my dreamies are bottom tier on the popularity list but every time I go island hopping for them, I come across a top tier villager! Even though the villager is not on my dreamy list, the fact that they are extremely popular online makes them hard to resist and I feel obligated to invite them to my island just to give them away or sell them to someone! For example, I found Judy on only my 3rd or 4th ticket, and knowing people have spent countless hours and miles searching for her, couldn't say no. So now she is living on my island as a temporary resident lol. Some other popular villagers I've seen are Whitney and Stitches. So yeah, I've been very lucky finding popular villagers, but very unlucky finding my unpopular dreamies x)
Yeah I’m the same really, none of the villagers I have are the ones I really want. I love them but I’m going for an all horse island and like 50 tickets down the line I’m yet to find a horse villager which is frustrating
Post automatically merged:

I've only went island hopping twice and both times within 5 tickets i found a dreamy for my island 🥺
The first time it was Sherb, I SCREAMED lmao 2nd time I got Merengue!
i'm about to go again today since someone is moving out, lets hope im just as lucky.
Good luck 😂 I got sherb and merengue too, I love them both but merengue ended up being my 4th normal oops😂

sooo i finally got the will to start the campsite method in search of a smug, specifically raymond, marshal, or pietro.
i had none on my island and thus had high chances / weighed in favor of smugs appearing.
heres how it been so far (copypasted from my notes)

campsite hunting for raymond / marshall / pietro!
5/7/20 - start date
5/8/20 - MARSHAL ARE U kjdgfjkgfJGFDKDFJF

by pure luck, marshall was my first lad! i only TT-d one day! very lucky and happy right now. i still want raymond more, and will probably do island hunting for him instead since thats a bit faster just tedious due to menu mashing
but marshall is cute and i eventually might sell or give him away to someone who has him as a dreamie. for now he gets to be chillin with me for a bit. :)

sooo i finally got the will to start the campsite method in search of a smug, specifically raymond, marshal, or pietro.
i had none on my island and thus had high chances / weighed in favor of smugs appearing.
heres how it been so far (copypasted from my notes)

campsite hunting for raymond / marshall / pietro!
5/7/20 - start date
5/8/20 - MARSHAL ARE U kjdgfjkgfJGFDKDFJF

by pure luck, marshall was my first lad! i only TT-d one day! very lucky and happy right now. i still want raymond more, and will probably do island hunting for him instead since thats a bit faster just tedious due to menu mashing
but marshall is cute and i eventually might sell or give him away to someone who has him as a dreamie. for now he gets to be chillin with me for a bit. :)

Congrats, that is excellent luck to run into someone you were hunting for straightaway! :D

I’m right in the middle of the campsite reset grind. So far, I’ve encountered 8 smugs, 2 snootys and a lazy on my quest for that cat with the glasses.

The toughest part is just getting campers to spawn in the first place!

Back