• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Splatoon What is your main weapon?

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
I'm curious as to what others on TBT use as their main weapon. In Splatoon 1, I mainly used the Krak-On Splat Roller. For Splatoon 2, I previously used the Tri-Slosher, but now I use the Kensa L-3 Nozzlenose.

I haven't played in a while, but I mostly used Inkbrush and Slosher in Splatoon 1. In Splatoon 2, the Inkbrush became a lot harder to spam due to the buttons being harder to press. So I switched to mostly using Slosher which has a surprisingly good range.

I'm not a particularly competitive player when it comes to Splatoon though. I'm sure there are better weapons but I mostly use what I find myself particularly good at, not paying much attention to what is actually viable.

in splatoon 2 i main the splat roller and kensa dynamo!! in the first game i was all about the regular dynamo roller but whatever they did to it in the 2nd game made it not as good :'(

For Splatoon 1, I was definitely a luna blaster main. I also used the aerospray and regular blaster previously too.

For Splatoon 2, I for sure used the tri slosher before it got nerfed lol. It was just too easy to get kills, ah those were the days xD Then I moved onto the splat dualies, then neo clash blaster. Right now, I use the neo clash blaster in ranked, and the Kensa Octobrush in turf. The ultra stamp is great to use xD

Splatoon 1 I was a Luna blaster main too but it did not translate to splatoon 2.

Splatoon 2 I use the bloblobber, sploosh o matic, and foil flingza roller in that order. So all over the place but depends on my mood lol. Im trying to get better with chargers though and the ref splat charged is my fav. I like to change based on the random people I get in turf war too.

In Splatoon 1, I was an Inkbrush main (it was the only weapon I maxed out the points on), and I occasionally used the Zink Mini Splatling and .96 Gal as well (about 400k points on the Zink and about 200k on the Gal). And I really only used the vanilla Inkbrush, I don't remember if I ever tried using the Nouveau or the Permanent lol (their sets look a lot worse tho). And the same goes for the .96 Gal, I know that the Deco version was used a lot more, but I liked the more supportive set of the vanilla than the KIL EVYRTHIMG set of the Deco.

In Splatoon 2 though, I don't really have a main. My 5 most used weapons are the Inkbrush, the Tri-Slosher (same as MayorOfMagix where that's mostly from when the game first released and it was busted), the Firefin Splatterscope, the Mini Splatling, and the Hero Brella Replica. Those 5 weapons are the only ones I have over 100k points on, and none of them are even above 200k points. And I wouldn't really say that any of those are my main except for maybe the Inkbrush and Mini Splatling. I change around too much :lemon:

I have a two different mains I use depending on the mode / whether or not it's splatfest, though lately I've been trying to use different weapons.
N-Zap '89 is probably my default main. I think I'm the most confident with it, and I tend to use it in every mode. Whenever I get frustrated using any other weapon, I'll switch back to it.
Splat Roller was probably my first main. Splatoon 2 was my first experience with shooters, so I wasn't very good with guns, starting out. So probably for my first two months of playing, I would just swap between rollers, but I'd always end up coming back to the og Splat Roller. I still tend to use it a lot in splat zones and during splatfests! I like to consider rollers my best weapons still, though I tend to use them far less than guns as of late, since, again, I'm trying to branch out more!

In Splatoon 1, I fell in love with the Inkbrush, but when I moved on to Splatoon 2, something just felt off. So at first, I was all about Dualies. But a few weeks after getting the game, I went back to the Inkbrush, and now I'm back to my old self. It's funny because aside from fling speed and rolling speed, it is worse than the Octobrush in every way. But for some reason, I'm just way better with that weapon.

I was a roller main in Splatoon 1 then Octobrush in the early days of Splatoon 2. I got tired of flinging and mashing ZR so now I'm using either splat or dapple dualies. I'm also trying out Undercover Brella. Tbh, I'm more interested in playing SR than Turf or Ranked atm lol.

Dualie Squelchers.
I actually mained them so hard that I can't pick up and use other guns anymore; if they're not dualies, I'll spam roll even though I don't have it and if they're dualies my intuition on range is way off...

definitely the splat dualies, even though my main was the krak-on splat roller for a while before i changed to the dualies

At the beginning, the Splat Roller was my main until I switched over to the Dualie Squelchers, then to the Custom Dualie Squelchers and now the N-ZAP '89 is my current main weapon.

Last edited:
in the beginning i used carbon roller but now its one of my least idk why
but now my mains are: neo clash blaster, explosher and kensa undecover brella
but can still use bloblober or kensa sloshing machine just pretty good with any bucket
and can use my carbon roller and clash blaster
that about it really lol but im getting a new main which is the neo splash o matic

i never played s1, but i main n-zap 85 & the kensa brella since it came out. i'm a sucker for ink armor lmao

A few days ago I got 7 kills and 950 ink in turf war with a charger, so I think I can say I am pretty ok with them now

Right now it's the carbon roller. It being fast makes up for how weak it is, and I love the cloud special.

That Splat Roller because it’s the only thing I know how to actually use :( I kinda suck at Splat

Kensa Splattershot or the Sploosh-O-Matic I think. Depends if I want longer or shorter range that day.

Back