• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

What kind of new shops and buildings do you want?

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Besides the "standard" shops and buildings like Nook's shop, Timmy and Tommy's shop,
the Able Sisters, town hall etc., which new shops and buildings do you want in the new
upcoming game?

What I really like to have are those buildings from Happy Home Designer, like the school
and the hospital for example. A either fancy or fast food restaurant were you can meet
villagers that aren't in your town would be cool too, as well as a cinema, where you can
watch little AC themed "movies". What I also want is a hotel, which kinda has the same
functions like the campsite, like where you can meet two instead of one villager and
where you can also play little games with then and persuade one of them to move into
your town.

I also want to have the police station being a building that is available right from the
beginning instead of being a PWP again. This time, both Booker and Copper should
work there, so that you don't have to decide which one of them you want in your
town.

Definitely would love all those fun buildings to be available as PWPs or maybe in a side area of sorts. It might be difficult to fit them all in the main town, but then again lots of people don't like Main Street so it might be hard to make a compromise.

It might be difficult to fit them all in the main town, but then again lots of people don't like Main Street so it might be hard to make a compromise.
Or they bring back such a separate city like they had in City Folk, connected this time with the main
town directly and make it bigger, so that there is more space for new shops and buildings. I guess this
could work much better then having the Main Street back and it would be more "alive" as it's bigger
and has more open space.

I wouldn't be surprised if elements of the town building in HHD make it into the Switch game. I think a multi-level town area like in HHD would work fine. We could design Club LOL, the shops etc.

We'd each have unique towns to shop in!

A hotel with a similar mechanic as the campsite and campground, where one of the visitors may be a special visitor, while the other is a villager you would convince to move to town. You can even decorate the hotel like in Happy Home Designer.

I would also have a custom shop that you can decorate like in Happy Home Designer, but it sells items you can’t get anywhere else. You can also control what is sold at the shop, and choose the size from the start (the smaller, the longer the shop is open).

maybe some building where you can request/buy pwps. i hate the fact that for a lot of nice pwps you have to rely on a random ping from a villager with the right personality AND the right pwp in their head

I brought it up in another topic, but I think it'd be cool if we could be in a sort of "city planner" sort of role instead of a mayor. My idea behind this is to do exactly what you're thinking, OP - if we could build some buildings and, preferably like Happy Home Designer, get to customize the inside of them.

Something I think would be fun too is if there's a game building, built around the idea of real life hobby game shops. I'm not talking about Gamestop. I'm talking about the sorts of shops that sell board games, card games, Dungeons and Dragons books, etc. At those shops, they generally have tournaments and game nights to play with other people. It'd be neat if there was mini-games that you could play there. Maybe if you're off-line, your villagers and NPCs (and possibly villagers that DON'T live in your town for special occasions) can play those mini-games against or with you. If you're online, maybe you can play those games with other people.

Maybe like a shop that sells food/ food ingredients for favors. Like for a new cooking system.

Also a shop like the flea market spaces where you can put up mass items, like 30 fruits or something.

An afternoon market like in Tomodachi Life would be cool too. Like where you could get rare stuff like Gracie Fashion before she sets up shop.

I'd loooove to see a shop or service that's open during the night run by a bat NPC. It could just function like ReTail or be a night shift worker there so people who are up during the night get somewhere to shop and sell, but it'd be interesting if they were completely their own thing. Like if they had a little tent they'd open up occasionally a few times a week. I don't know what they'd sell or services they could offer, though! I think most avenues are covered, so it'd likely have to be something introduced for the game, but as someone who used to work night shifts during New Leaf's heyday I really wished there were more things to do in the middle of the night other than catching beetles.

I also think it'd be really cute if they introduced a daughter or something for Brewster-- she could work with him in The Roost and would sell the sort of baked goods and treats you can often buy in coffee shops!

Last edited:
I feel like the new game's whole aspect will be to design EVERYTHING. so its your duty to design what the able sisters shop looks like, town hall, etc. etc. just like happy home designer but with animal crossing mechanics and tasks

With that being said i wish we could open up random buildings with different architecture and do anything with them similar to the upstairs museum in new leaf. but they could be placed anywhere around town. this would be cool and very customized since we could essentially make the buildings into anything like hotels or cafes. it would also be cool to have an option to allow villagers to enter in and out

i want a sweets shop that can go on main street!! there could be a new NPC and you could buy things like the lollipops or candies that have special holiday varients when the time comes. that way also villagers could ask for sweets/treats like they do in ACPC too

I just want more items and sets. My tastes are mostly regal so a lot of the sets that were available were no good for me. I hope they have a furniture store with a variety of new furniture options. And more interactivity.

Back