Animal Crossing 3DS not in development???

AC came out in 2001 (Apr-Japan, Dec-US)
AC:WW came out in 2005 (Nov-Japan, Dec-US)
AC:CF came out in 2008 (Nov-Japan & US)

That's a span of ~4 years for AC > AC:WW, and 3 years for AC:WW > AC:CF.

Nintendo knows that the AC franchise ranks towards the top of the list in terms of replay value and the length of time that people play it, compared to other games/franchises. Also, For both DS and Wii, Animal Crossing has been the highlighted game by Nintendo for an add-on or new feature. MKDS was the first wi-fi game for DS, followed closely by AC:WW. For the Wii, AC:CF was the first game to use the Wii Speak. I think we can agree that one of those features ended up more successful than the other, but regardless - there are 2 main points to my argument:

-Nintendo is in no rush to get the next AC game out (for 3DS), and
-Nintendo will likely wait half a year or a year after 3DS comes out and then release AC for 3DS with a new feature of some sort

Therefore, my best guess would be a beginning of summer or holiday season 2012 release.

Well judging from screenshots, it looks like they're already far in development and will most likely come out this Fall, or after E3.

Well judging from screenshots, it looks like they're already far in development and will most likely come out this Fall, or after E3.
basically this.

i think they're showcasing some early form of the game, but that they intend to/will release it later on in the life cycle of the DS.
say.. when the lite version comes out? sounds oddly familiar..
oh well.

i doubt they've scrapped it completely. they might just be rebuilding it, and made that up in a month or so. no clue how long they take to develop.

edit: oh, and 4K posts, nbd.

Last edited:
Ah, dammit, I was really hoping it'd be out at least by June. Well, gonna have to entertain myself with BlazBlue and Mario Kart for the time being.

Yeah, I read that it wasn't coming out until October or something around there. But at least we can play normal games on the 3DS until then, if it's true. But I thought it might have been a good starter.

Back