Bittersweet feelings...

Muttjunky

Bells
Hi all, I'm an adult player of AC. My niece got me interested in it when City Folk was released on Wii. We had a wonderful time playing together, she was so excited about playing and we became even closer. New Leaf we did the same, it was so fun having someone who understood the excitement about new updates, or fun events! Well 3 months before the release of New Horizons, my sweet neice unexpectedly passed away, it did, and continues to shatter my world. I considered never playing again but eventually I did start up New Horizons. It is bittersweet to say the least. I love it, but at the same time, I play it with a pit in my stomach. Every time I log in and step out of my house, my joy is mixed with sadness and loss. I would really love for anybody who has room on their friend list to add me, maybe seeing others active on my friend list will make me feel less alone. Sorry for the novel...thanks everyone❤ here's my code and thanks for reading 3888-1493-5396

I hope that life gets better. We always have tough times but no matter what stay strong. You are wonderful and amazing and your niece would rather you smile everyday and enjoy yourself instead of being sad. I know you will get through life and sometimes things happen but you are WORTH IT.

Attachments

• GYROID.jpg
    GYROID.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
I hope that life gets better. We always have tough times but no matter what stay strong. You are wonderful and amazing and your niece would rather you smile everyday and enjoy yourself instead of being sad. I know you will get through life and sometimes things happen but you are WORTH IT.
Thank you so much for that. I try to tell myself that too. But oh those memories. Thanks again PS) that's my favorite gyroid!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure that your niece is watching you play and happy you're still carrying on your tradition, and hopefully just knowing that helps a little, even though I know it must be hard to play sometimes. I don't play as often as I used to, but I'll be happy to add you when I get on later today. My name on my switch is Fox.

Hi all, I'm an adult player of AC. My niece got me interested in it when City Folk was released on Wii. We had a wonderful time playing together, she was so excited about playing and we became even closer. New Leaf we did the same, it was so fun having someone who understood the excitement about new updates, or fun events! Well 3 months before the release of New Horizons, my sweet neice unexpectedly passed away, it did, and continues to shatter my world. I considered never playing again but eventually I did start up New Horizons. It is bittersweet to say the least. I love it, but at the same time, I play it with a pit in my stomach. Every time I log in and step out of my house, my joy is mixed with sadness and loss. I would really love for anybody who has room on their friend list to add me, maybe seeing others active on my friend list will make me feel less alone. Sorry for the novel...thanks everyone❤ here's my code and thanks for reading 3888-1493-5396

I am sorry this happened.

I also suffered a loss.

I will send you a Friend Request.

Accept if you are up for it.

It is: 5384–7037–2515.

(Current name: D. That may change. Right now, it is D.)

I’m so sorry that this happened to you. Animal Crossing is one of the things that my niece and I bond over even though she doesn’t play as much anymore.

On Reddit I’ve seen people create memorial sites for beloved relatives and pets on their islands. If it helps, maybe you can create one for her. If not that, then an area that you think that she would’ve liked.

I’ll send you a friend request. The name is the same as my username.

I know exactly how you feel. I bought my youngest brother a copy of WW so I could play online with someone, as I was terrified back then of seeders bricking my console. He died suddenly 8 months after NL was released. Although he never played that, those two games are especially bittersweet for me, especially the 7PM music in NL ...

I'll add you to my Switch but, even though I'm connected pretty much all the time, I'm not the most active online player and not terribly talkative when I do !!

Remember, bad times. are just bad, stay strong man.
Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure that your niece is watching you play and happy you're still carrying on your tradition, and hopefully just knowing that helps a little, even though I know it must be hard to play sometimes. I don't play as often as I used to, but I'll be happy to add you when I get on later today. My name on my switch is Fox.
Thank you Fox!

I am sorry this happened.

I also suffered a loss.

I will send you a Friend Request.

Accept if you are up for it.

It is: 5384–7037–2515.

(Current name: D. That may change. Right now, it is D.)
Thank you so much D I got it❤️

I’m so sorry that this happened to you. Animal Crossing is one of the things that my niece and I bond over even though she doesn’t play as much anymore.

On Reddit I’ve seen people create memorial sites for beloved relatives and pets on their islands. If it helps, maybe you can create one for her. If not that, then an area that you think that she would’ve liked.

I’ll send you a friend request. The name is the same as my username.
Thanks Bluelady, I did set up an area by my house with purple flowers and a cat statue for her, I cried through it all but I got it done. Thanks for adding me❤️

I know exactly how you feel. I bought my youngest brother a copy of WW so I could play online with someone, as I was terrified back then of seeders bricking my console. He died suddenly 8 months after NL was released. Although he never played that, those two games are especially bittersweet for me, especially the 7PM music in NL ...

I'll add you to my Switch but, even though I'm connected pretty much all the time, I'm not the most active online player and not terribly talkative when I do !!
Oh I am so sorry about your great loss. The music...omg do I understand what you mean. That gutted feeling with that music, It's brutal sometimes. I also am not a talker, but just seeing you guys' name pop up that you are also playing I think, odd as it may seem, will make me feel not so alone. Thank you for sharing your personal story with me, you understand that bittersweet feeling I have exactly...I hope it gets better for both of us ❤️

Remember, bad times. are just bad, stay strong man.
You made me think of Katrina Remember that bad times, are just times that are bad. Thank you!

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. I was not expecting that, and it really made me tear up. I'll definitely try to remember to look this up again later so I can add you! Hang tight and keep your eyes open to the fun that there is that your niece would have loved.

i'm so sorry this happened to you. it makes me sad, but it does make me happy that you were able to make her life happy.
you seem like a very sweet person. i'm sure your niece appreciates everything you've done for her and all the things you remember her by.

i've suffered something similar. i'd rather not go into too much detail, but in summary, my ex girlfriend disappeared suddenly when we were both 14 years old (i am 20 years old now). because our relationship was long distance and separated by an ocean, and because we were children, i had no way of contacting anyone she knew personally. to me, it feels very much like she passed away. that's how it's been for the past 6 years. i would visit her new leaf dream town regularly as a way of paying respects. unfortunately, when new leaf updated with welcome amiibo, it wiped all dream towns, so i couldn't visit her anymore.
i haven't played new leaf since new horizons was released, but the game feels a little bittersweet to me sometimes when i remember being 14 years old and playing with my girlfriend at the time.

sorry if that's too personal. i just mean to say that you are not the first person to experience something like this and you won't be the last. you're not alone. lots of people love you and are grateful for how you and your niece made each other happy.

i'm glad you decided to play new horizons. i hope you find something that helps those memories feel less sad, and i hope you create new memories with this game to help make it happier for you.

(sorry for any typos. i typed this on my phone.)

I am so sorry for your loss. I was not expecting that, and it really made me tear up. I'll definitely try to remember to look this up again later so I can add you! Hang tight and keep your eyes open to the fun that there is that your niece would have loved.
Oh thank you DarkSlayer that was really sweet of you to say, I really appreciate it.

i'm so sorry this happened to you. it makes me sad, but it does make me happy that you were able to make her life happy.
you seem like a very sweet person. i'm sure your niece appreciates everything you've done for her and all the things you remember her by.

i've suffered something similar. i'd rather not go into too much detail, but in summary, my ex girlfriend disappeared suddenly when we were both 14 years old (i am 20 years old now). because our relationship was long distance and separated by an ocean, and because we were children, i had no way of contacting anyone she knew personally. to me, it feels very much like she passed away. that's how it's been for the past 6 years. i would visit her new leaf dream town regularly as a way of paying respects. unfortunately, when new leaf updated with welcome amiibo, it wiped all dream towns, so i couldn't visit her anymore.
i haven't played new leaf since new horizons was released, but the game feels a little bittersweet to me sometimes when i remember being 14 years old and playing with my girlfriend at the time.

sorry if that's too personal. i just mean to say that you are not the first person to experience something like this and you won't be the last. you're not alone. lots of people love you and are grateful for how you and your niece made each other happy.

i'm glad you decided to play new horizons. i hope you find something that helps those memories feel less sad, and i hope you create new memories with this game to help make it happier for you.

(sorry for any typos. i typed this on my phone.)
You really do understand that feeling 'bittersweet' it's really the perfect word for it. I am so sorry for your loss as well that had to be very traumatic, especially at 14. And omg the update deleting the dream addresses! Thank you so much for this comment.

Back