• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Daedala, the gem island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game
New Horizons
Island/Town Name
Daedala
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Roses

Pate and Ketchup

Pan of Lilydew
Bells
Orange Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
tumblr_ni1fedWUN71tqfyozo1_500.gif

General informations:

Hemisphere: Northern.

Airport colour: Yellow.

Theme: fairycore (?), something related to magic, fairies, gods and goddesses, very green, with a lot of trees, statues, maybe ancient times?

Native fruits: Peaches.

Native flowers: Roses.

Current villagers:

tumblr_inline_o2cgdx4hkJ1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cghlavKw1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Dreamies:
tumblr_inline_o19iexnGYl1stmbqz_500.gif
tumblr_inline_o19cxvfCPX1stmbqz_500.gif
Sherb.png
tumblr_inline_o2cghlavKw1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgvzB7db1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgxs4LLF1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgxubbNl1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Then choose two from this list to complete/replace:
tumblr_inline_o2cgfqfpDg1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgictEdt1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgj2v8gA1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgk3QTyU1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgu5GOS61qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgvyhcW21qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgw5MbnI1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgxvRn121qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgml31st1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgfuUvqq1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
Judy.png
tumblr_inline_o2cgn4wjiS1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgn4sT0g1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o19im6IEQE1stmbqz_500.gif

Last edited:
Day 1: first steps

xyqy.png

(My character looks like a nice lady found in the intro. Some of the characters shown are such cuties so I decided to "take" her)

New year, new adventure. I don't know why, but I wanted during this vacation just before exams (and so I'm not studying, congratulations to me) to start Animal Crossing again. Without putting pressure on myself. Well a little anyway, because I have trouble playing for more than a few days, and I have difficulty playing without a theme in mind. Without finding names that go with this theme (for my characters, for the island itself). I've never seen anything through to the end, it's time to try. I dig into the Greek gods and goddesses, I dig into the Roman ones. I find Pomona, goddess of fruits, and then why not? I like this name, mythology is my passion, it's perfect. For the name of the island, I search in the Pokémon games, I come across the different mythological locations and decided on Daedala. It sounds like the word “dédale” in French, meaning “maze”.

I meet the raccoon twins. They tell me about my new island, the endless possibilities that await me. I choose my map. In fact, I had to reset many times to have one of my dreamies as the first villager. Deirdre showed up. Fruit is my favorite and I'm not a big fan of roses (I like them, but I would prefer mums or windflowers), but who cares? I will visit other islands, buy other fruits, other flowers. It's not serious. Tom Nook gives us a speech, I collect branches, fruits, weeds because I maximize my time. I know the beginning by heart, I know what steps I must go through to obtain the Miles I am looking for to quickly repay my loan. The next day (the REAL day 1), I run everywhere, I change my profile, I leave a note on the board which I erase immediately, I shake the trees, find my first piece of furniture, catch fish (which is what I prefer in this game) and catch insects which I give to Nook. I give the museum a location (everything is maximized: the houses, shops, museum... will be in one corner of the island to easily decorate the rest) and then, once my Miles are spent, I farm the missions.

I cut down some wood, cut down a few trees to find the bugs resting on the stumps. I hit the stones with my ax because I didn't have a shovel. I shut down some balloons, they brought me some bells. At Nook Shopping, I decided to pick up a hat for the next day and the seasonal item (food).

j25m.png

And of course, I talk to my villagers. Deirdre, then, will stay on my island for good. This is not the case for Teddy unfortunately even if he is adorable. Sterling will replace hiù. I haven't encountered him once during my numerous (maybe 20) resets. But she will come, I'm sure! I need a eagle and he will be welcome on my island! Today, January 6, I did a lot but not enough. Tomorrow the airport will open and I will go villagers hunting. I am looking forward!

wly6.png

Last edited:
Day 2: looking for villagers

The second day was full of emotions. The store had to be open and the twins needed materials, they asked for my help. The day before, I had cut down a few trees and had some wood, but I was missing some iron nuggets. I bought Nook Miles tickets and went to the mystery islands in search of cool villagers. The first three islands, I did them thoroughly: I chopped wood, I kicked the stones, I shook the trees to get a piece of furniture and the wasps. Then, when I had enough wood and nuggets for the shop, I stopped being so patient and did things quickly: a trip to the island to see if there were any bottle, check the villager, and off we go. It took me 96 tickets to get the three villagers I wanted: for the normal personality, I wanted either Poppy, Goldie, Skye, Lily (I crossed paths with her but didn't take), Molly. For the peppy personality, I wanted Merry or Felicity. For the lazy personality, I wanted Sherb or Filbert. I met Skye first, I took her because I had a real crush on her a few days before. Then I quite logically came across Sherb: he was the only sheep remaining. Finally, I met Merry. I find her adorable. It wasn't the case at first but look at that little head and those two little pointy teeth... adorable cat!

ko4u.jpg

rosw.jpg

tjgo.jpg

I know, they're cute.

I also had a visit from Gulliver for the first time! And met Blathers! During the day, I gave him the fish and bugs that were hanging around outside his tent. Every first take goes to him, because otherwise I forget to give it to him and the museum is not full. The twins were happy with this wood and iron, I was able to place their shop on the map. I placed it right behind the future museum because once again, I want to maximize my space. I will first decorate the left part of the island before tackling the right part so all the houses, all the buildings will be on the right. I've collected quite a few fossils too, whether on the mystery islands or on my own island. I gave one to Blathers and the rest I put on the beach waiting for the museum to assess everything at once.

3beb.jpg

44az.jpg

I of course spoke to Teddy and Deirdre, my first two residents. I want to have a great relationship with them even if I prefer the little deer. She will stay on my island and never leave hahaha! It fits so well with my future island theme that I have to keep it with me. Teddy too, per se, but I'm not sure I like him. Sterling will replace him.Gulliver, Blathers, three new villagers, my two present villagers, the day passes quickly and I hear soft noises in the sky: shooting stars! I was only able to pray a few unfortunately, but that's it! I'm happy.

w5f3.jpg

Complete list of my first villager hunt:

1. Stella

2. Flurry

3. Paolo

4. Anabelle

5. Apple

6. Chester

7. Norma

8. Piper

9. Sylvana

10. Raddle