• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you miss these crabs?

Which of these crabs do you miss the most?

• Total voters

Zinnia.

Bells
Aurora Easter Egg
Sheep Plush
Blue Crescent Moon
Asteroid Plush
Green Star Fragment
Raven Wings Potion
Lily of the Valley
Night Sky Scenery
Caustic Crystal
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
These three crabs didn't make an appearance in new horizons. The crab and coconut crab are exclusive to Animal Forest e+, while the horsehair crab is only in new leaf and pocket camp. Since the crab and coconut crab were around before the diving mechanic was introduced, you'd catch them with a net! The coconut crab had to be shaken out of trees while the crab would wander around on the beach. I think it would have been nice for them to show up in more recent games to add more variety to the ways that crabs can be caught. The hermit crab and bagworms can be caught in a similar fashion, so what's the problem, Nintendo? What did you do with the crabs?

the missing crabs in question, from left to right: crab, coconut crab, horsehair crab.
1714517817449.png
1714517806492.png
1714517776763.png

I can't really miss the crab and coconut crab since I never played Animal Forest e+ and didn't even know they existed in that game until coming across this thread.

That said, it's a shame to have things removed from games, so it's disappointing that the coconut crab and horsehair crab aren't around in New Horizons. Hopefully they can come back in a future game, and I'd especially like to see an updated, big coconut crab.

The generic crab, though, is probably a bit redundant and can be left in the past since we have actual crab species to catch.

I never played Animal Forest e+, but the Crab and Coconut Crab are really cool. :’o I especially like the og Crab and how colourful it is! He’d be a cool guy to keep and display fs. The Coconut Crab is very friend-shaped as well!

I don’t really remember the Horsehair Crab despite playing New Leaf (sorry big buddy :c), but I’m all for having more critters to catch! I’d be happy with any or all 3 of them returning in a future game.

It would definitely be cool to have more crabs we can catch with the net... and more sea life in general, I feel like it doesn't quite compare with fish/bug lists and it's a shame.

I've played Animal Forest e+ but I don't remember crabs falling outta trees. That sounds really scary and funny, especially because coconut crabs are HUGE. I might have to YouTube that later and see what that looked like. They would've been perfect for NH.

I really crabs, they're so cute. I would welcome more and all different species. I would've liked if there was more critters to catch with the shovel too than the mole cricket and/kinda the manila clam.

Haven't played Animal Forest e+ or much of Pocket Camp, but any missing crab is an injustice quite frankly

As for the crab I miss the most..... that would be Crab Clock 🦀🕰️ rip in peace you will not be forgotten

I haven’t played that game but I’d love to have more crabs in the game :D.

there's a list of cut creatures I really miss: the pine cricket, the rainbow trout, the giant petaltail, the eel, maybe even the giant catfish... but I definitely miss the crab you can catch with the net from e+, and I don't recall encountering it in e+ yet!

Bring it back in the Animal Crossing: New Discourse game for the Nintendo Swuccessor family of systems, please.

not too fussed about the Horsehair Crab because the Dungeness crab (weirdly nothing to do with the Dungeness on the south-east coast of England, it's a crab found in the American Dungeness) is very similar, and the gazami crab is generally more visually striking imo.

Back