• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Friend Codes: AC3DS

Fuse

Bells
Cake
Reggie Fils-Aime had explained the importance of friend codes. Apparently, they're playing a role in Animal Crossing..

?The thing that we?ve learned is that there are some games that you want to battle head to head, but you don?t want to necessarily want that other player to have full access to the space. ?

?Probably the best example is something like ?Animal Crossing.? We may want to trade items in ?Animal Crossing,? but do I really want the potential for you to come into my town and maybe disrupt it in some way? That?s what Friend Codes are all about. There are certain games where Friend Codes are important. There are other games where, because of the head to head nature of the gameplay, it really isn?t necessary.?

- Reggie Fils-Aime

This could mean it will not be necessary to visit each other's town while trying to trade certain items unless you really want them to visit. Maybe a real trading system will be implemented to reduce scammers? What do you think?

Not necessarily. Maybe Reggie was just trying to tell us friend codes will be there and that's all.
But a trade system would be rather cool; maybe a wider bidding system too?

I thought they were doing it for "child-safety" or crap like that.

Good to see it isn't.

More than likely they will have you simply either mail the person the item or have one of the characters go into the other's town.

I liked the Gyroids outside the houses. They were so adorable, too!
They had their own trading spot, saving spot, and you could even put a pattern on your door!

so uhhhh

this thread was redundant/not observant/whatever to begin with since the only reason friend codes were mentioned was because they're keeping them, but on a per-system basis..

they were just emphasizing that friend codes were "a necessary evil", so to speak, but that they would have a new way to deal with them, which is much easier/better, imo.

Back