Splatoon How do you choose your Splatfest team?

How do you choose your Splatfest team?

• Honest Opinion

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Favorite Idol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color

• Likely Most Popular Option

• Random

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Rainy.Nights

Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1901-9180-8235
Purple Violet
White Violet
Tasty Cake
With another Splatfest coming up, I thought this could be an appropriate topic. I always go with what I would answer anyway even if that might not get me on the winning team. But I know that's not the case for everyone, and was wondering how most people pick. If you have multiple reasons, just pick the main method you would use. Thanks for answering!

I’ve only participated in one so far, that was the last one since I just got the game around then. I picked the animal that I liked the best of the three—bunnies 🙂; I had no idea which team was more popular. For the upcoming one, I’m going to pick the one my friends are on. The one they decided on is one I would’ve probably picked anyways; I was leaning towards same ole but I was also considering bucket list.

It's random for me. It can be my honest opinion, color, or where my strongest friends are playing. When I host sessions, I will obviously lean into the popular vote but I know the regular players are strong teammates. Plus playing with the same people, I learn their strengths/weaknesses and I can adapt to what's missing on the team.

But my first mindset is what is @dizzy bone choosing and then I make my decision, hahaha.

Splatfest is mostly a "play with friends" activity for me, so I will go around asking all my friends what they chose/will choose so I can play with them. If I'm playing it alone, I will generally pick my honest opinion option. I don't think I've ever picked a team exclusively for the idol until Splatoon 3, where sometimes if I didn't know what to go with I'd just go with Big Man's option because he's a cutie.

Back