• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Suggestions for the early game on New Horizons?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Hello, I've recently started my island again and I want to do this one with minimal time travelling.

The issue I've had with New Horizons is that I feel like I don't know what to do in terms of island design prior to unlocking terraforming and water-scaping. In a way, I feel like I've had to time travel in the past just to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. I understand that New Horizons is more slow burner than other entries but I feel like I should really be able to do more than daily chores and earning nook miles. I'm a veteran of the series, having played the games for around 18 years now but I feel like my motivation to unlock all of these things is strong but as soon as I do unlock them my motivation dies...oddly. I think it's because I was time travelling too much?

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do in terms of island design before I've unlocked terraforming/water-scaping? Maybe I need to change my play-style. Thank you.

Back