• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is Your Bigggest AC Accomplishment?

Bells
Leif
Everyone has something they've done in Animal Crossing that they are extremely proud of. Typically it is decorations or customizations that they absolutely love, but other times it's getting lucky and finding something you've been searching for forever? I want to know what your biggest accomplishment was in the whole Animal Crossing series.

Here is mine. On Sunday, I was playing the original Animal Crossing on Gamecube and my villager Tangy asked for a ball. If anyone has played O.G. AC, you know how hard it is to get the ball anywhere. Bridges are extremely hazardous, hills a monumental obstacle, so most people just ignore the task entirely or push the ball into the river until they get a convenient re-spawn.

Now, for me, I wanted to figure it out. I was determined to get that dang ball up the hill and to that tangerine-headed cat.

So I created a series of holes down the center of the hill so I could try and push the ball along the eastern ridge of the hill. Little did I know, the ball can fall into the hole and requires a shovel hit to free and that can send the ball careening out of control.

After a few attempts, I was able to get the ball stuck in the hole and, when I pushed it out, I had it wedged on the eastern wall and able to push it up. It was a triumph!!!!

Anywhere, what are some of your biggest AC Accomplishments?

While New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game, New Horizons was where I made what I consider my biggest accomplishments, because as I played through the game it felt like I was continuing from where I left off when I couldn't play NL anymore.

The three that stick out to me are completing the museum's fossil exhibit, getting the highest rating, and getting my first golden tool as a result of it. Even though those accomplishments are not something I think most NH players will take seriously, they're still a big deal for me because back in NL I couldn't complete the fossil exhibit due to getting duplicate fossils, and a lot of outside restrictions such as time and my insecurity kept me from getting my town up to a high rating and meeting the requirements needed to obtain certain gold tools.

Most of my best achievements are from my new leaf town, Anville, since I spent the most time playing it. I'm most proud of my full set of golden and silver tools, and that I bred blue roses from scratch by myself. I'm also really proud of my town and houses in general since a lot of work went into making them the way that they are.

Fully completing the house upgrades in Animal Crossing: Population Growing for the GameCube and 100%'ing the game.

Collecting all of the Amiibo cards. Technically with series 5, my collection is now incomplete but before that, I had every single card. Series 1-4, Sanrio, RV, and even the three that come with Amiibo Festival.
That is a huge accomplishment! It isn't easy to get a hold of those cards! Do you keep them in the packaging or do you use them?

While New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game, New Horizons was where I made what I consider my biggest accomplishments, because as I played through the game it felt like I was continuing from where I left off when I couldn't play NL anymore.

The three that stick out to me are completing the museum's fossil exhibit, getting the highest rating, and getting my first golden tool as a result of it. Even though those accomplishments are not something I think most NH players will take seriously, they're still a big deal for me because back in NL I couldn't complete the fossil exhibit due to getting duplicate fossils, and a lot of outside restrictions such as time and my insecurity kept me from getting my town up to a high rating and meeting the requirements needed to obtain certain gold tools.

Oh wow, yeah getting a perfect town in Animal Crossing in general get infinitely more and more difficult as the series progressed! I think having the lot system that the original Animal Crossing had, definitely helped make it a bit more attainable.

Most of my best achievements are from my new leaf town, Anville, since I spent the most time playing it. I'm most proud of my full set of golden and silver tools, and that I bred blue roses from scratch by myself. I'm also really proud of my town and houses in general since a lot of work went into making them the way that they are.

I love that the flower cross-breeding mechanic took off. My wife was huge into doing that and blue roses were a big accomplishment for her. I love that there are so many different avenues of play in this series! Great work!

Fully completing the house upgrades in Animal Crossing: Population Growing for the GameCube and 100%'ing the game.
I'm playing Population Growing right now with some friends and that is a HUGE accomplishment! Fishing is such a challenge compared to the modern AC games! And collecting all the furniture? Not easy! Great work... but, can you get a ball up a hill?????? Hahahahaha.

That is a huge accomplishment! It isn't easy to get a hold of those cards! Do you keep them in the packaging or do you use them?

Oh wow, yeah getting a perfect town in Animal Crossing in general get infinitely more and more difficult as the series progressed! I think having the lot system that the original Animal Crossing had, definitely helped make it a bit more attainable.

I love that the flower cross-breeding mechanic took off. My wife was huge into doing that and blue roses were a big accomplishment for her. I love that there are so many different avenues of play in this series! Great work!

I'm playing Population Growing right now with some friends and that is a HUGE accomplishment! Fishing is such a challenge compared to the modern AC games! And collecting all the furniture? Not easy! Great work... but, can you get a ball up a hill?????? Hahahahaha.
Yeah, luckily I was trading when they all first came out so it was easier then. I feel bad for anyone getting into collecting them now. It's rough out there.

I use them! They're in a Pokemon TCG binder in sleeves for protection.

Fully upgrading my house in New Leaf. Didn't feel motivated enough to do that in any of the older games considering it was much harder to get bells in those. Congrats to the person who managed to do that in AC GC, you have some serious patience. I've only been playing New Horizons about a month now, but at the rate I'm going I'm sure this will eventually end up being the 2nd AC game where I fully upgrade my house.

Fully upgrading my house on City Folk (I didn’t in any of the others besides New Horizons), and managing to get a perfect town and the flower clock public works project on New Leaf

Last edited:
I'll try to think of a proper answer to this thread, but meanwhile, I'm honestly impressed by your ball skills! I can't get the ball up ramps AT ALL.

I'll try to think of a proper answer to this thread, but meanwhile, I'm honestly impressed by your ball skills! I can't get the ball up ramps AT ALL.
That's why I consider it my biggest accomplishment! I legitimately thought it impossible for forever. Everyone online discussion of it just says to dump the ball in the river and pray for a better respawn. NOT FOR ME! I defied the Fates!

I've had every single villager at one point or another.
Every single villager pic.
NH is the first game that I consider to be 100%ed. All items/variations in the catalog, and just to cover my bases anything that doesn't appear in the catalog (like the villager pics) I have hoarded in storage.

I think my biggest accomplishment was being able to be creative decorating so many houses and make them look unique like using furniture for more than what they’re for. Also, I was able to make a few patterns for myself. I think the better ones I made in NL since I thought was easy to make them in NL than it is in Nh.I have so much fun decorating 🙂.

Maybe collecting a large majority of the amiibo cards can be considered an accomplishment for me too, even though my collection isn’t complete.

Back