• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Pokémon You like(d) Pokémon but these things irk(ed) you!

Heartgold/Soulsilver is crazzzzzy expensive and has been for a while. Not sure why that game specifically. Did they not sell a lot of copies maybe? It sucks cause I've never played gen 2 and would like to but not for $200+ for a DS game. I can emulate but I like the idea of a physical copy.

I remember trading my HG/SS and other Pokemon games in a couple years ago and HG/SS had like, $65 trade-in value at GameStop at the time, which surprised me. But it's also the only way I could have gotten my Switch + Smash Ultimate for only $12 out of pocket. I made out like a bandit, lmao.

I remember trading my HG/SS and other Pokemon games in a couple years ago and HG/SS had like, $65 trade-in value at GameStop at the time, which surprised me. But it's also the only way I could have gotten my Switch + Smash Ultimate for only $12 out of pocket. I made out like a bandit, lmao.
I’ve really been wanting to replay HG/SS. I loved that game, especially being based in my favorite region. Older games are still so expensive, and people will pay for them so long as they want to play them. Prices won’t go down if people are buying the games.

I really want a legit copy of Emerald and Sapphire as I have the other three Pokémon GBA games. I accidentally bought a bootleg Emerald but I’m not too upset about it because I bought on eBay for $20 when the game was starting to be at least $40. I had a copy of Emerald but it was stolen from me.

a rant about the state of the online trading card games
I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of people spending real money on digital cards only for them to get erased when the game gets discontinued for a new one. This exact issue happened last year during the transition from the PTCG Online to the PTCG Live where X/Y series cards were made unplayable and gameplay items and HG/SS cards were not transferred at all- they just got deleted. Speaking of which, Live has really poor card textures and shines, to the point where sometimes the cards are unreadable. Live was a huge downgrade for a lot of other reasons too.. So although it's a relief to see how visually nice the cards and effects are in Pocket, I'm disappointed that they didn't just add the new textures to Live since they're really needed there.

The ability to trade and play new game modes could have also been added to Live as well. Both trading and extra game modes were available in Online before they got removed in Live. I don't really see a reason for Pocket and Live to be two different games besides the fact that you will have separate collections in each game, which would facilitate more purchases.

I hate that the games no longer have a fleshed out postgame from day one anymore. Instead, the postgame is DLC released months later. You could spend hundreds of hours on Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold and Soul Silver, or Black 2 and White 2 day one. Nowadays the base game’s postgame is usually a super short epilogue story or typical completionist things like shiny hunting or completing the Pokédex.

I hate that the games no longer have a fleshed out postgame from day one anymore. Instead, the postgame is DLC released months later. You could spend hundreds of hours on Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold and Soul Silver, or Black 2 and White 2 day one. Nowadays the base game’s postgame is usually a super short epilogue story or typical completionist things like shiny hunting or completing the Pokédex.
I second this. I'm getting really bored of specific Nintendo games like Pokemon and ACNH not having all the content day one and then getting us to pay for it as DLC. Nintendo games only used to be like £30 in the UK on release date, not they're around £50/60 for an incomplete game. I hate to sound like the 'back in my day' sort of old person but expecting people to pay almost double the price for an incomplete game + DLC is maddening. I haven't bought any of the Pokemon DLC because by the time it comes out I'm so bored of the low quality gameplay that I don't pick the games up anymore...

This isn't a gripe with the main series, more like a gripe with PMD. Why, in the name of Arceus, did Game Freak decide to have Skitty gender locked to the females? Now, I usually prefer the girl trainer designs in mainline games to the boy ones (I've only done, like, one male playthrough to completion), but this baffles me. Thankfully this was fixed when DX released, but Explorers had the same problem, only with Riolu being male-exclusive as well. At least I know how to get Skitty (hasty nature, girl in R/B rescue)

Back