Cranky villager tier list

My time has come. (seriously though crankies are my favs)

my-image.png

animal-crossing-new-horizons-cranky-villagers-305259-1602926670.png

I like the crankies in terms of how they act and speak but a lot of the designs are just not so good in my opinion.

I've never had Butch, but if I ever get him he may bump up to an S tier! I also like Avery a lot despite never having had him. Obviously I am... a big fan of the wolves... to say the least haha. Wolfgang will always be my favorite, but I currently have Chief and he's so pretty. There are a ton of cranky villagers though who I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole
my-image-2.png

Crankies are by FAR my favorites! can you tell? heheh. I wish they hadn't mellowed them down as much as they did though, for New Horizons. They often seem just old, more than actually cranky. These guys used to be ******** and that's why I loved them! XD

my-image(5).png

my-image (5).png

Damn I really thought my favorite personality is cranky. I mean it is, but I guess I'm picky lol

my-image (4).png

there are so many ugly crankies. so... many...
All D tiers are Horrible, especially Rizzo and the green goat who I don't even want to know the name of. Gross. Who decided Limberg should have a 5 o' clock shadow? WHY do they look the way they do? Please cease existing. Thank you.

There are a lot of cranky wolves, which is cool. My current cranky is Chief who I love, I wouldn't mind having Bruce or Fang either. Camofrog is a great villager, too. I have had Apollo multiple times throughout the years and I really liked him in my first town ever but I wouldn't want him on my current island.
Also, Monty is vastly underrated. I had him in my first New Leaf town and at first wanted to get rid of him but then he grew on me. When he decided to move out I decided to get another monkey, a species I had avoided until then, to fill the monkey void...

I love tier lists, and I love cranky villagers, so I'm resurrecting this thread. Also, Frett and Marlo were missing, as this tier list, like the others, was made before the 2021 update, so I added them in.

T-Bone is not only my favorite cranky villager, but he's also my very favorite villager ever! 🩵

my-image(5).png

1713287366080.png

Another personality I am not a fan of. I don’t like the low voice, and the personality just being ‘old’ is not my fave, though it has grown on me.

On the other hand I love a lot of the designs of the cranky villagers; they have so much range.

S, A, and B really are not so far apart and if I had a cranky villager on my island more often I could see having a lot more faves. Most of the time I don’t have one though, to make room for my 3 peppies and 3 normals 😅.

My favorite who I have had on my island is Ike, a very unexpected favorite, but he was just such a big cuddly bear and I loved him. I really like all the bear crannies except Chow, who scares me.

C I just don’t really have strong opinions on.

The bottom tier is basically mostly ‘rub me the wrong way and I don’t want to see their faces’ but a couple just look a bit too mean in the wrong way.

Is the takeaway that maybe I should give more cranky boys a chance? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Already posted mine in a different thread, but may as well post it here...

Crankies.png

As much as I wanted to put some of the other wolves in the top tier with Wolfgang, I forced myself to pick only one. I may post an updated version as I'm now beginning to realize that this looks somewhat outdated.

I think this is actually pretty solid. Dobie is really the ultimate cranky. However, Murphy is in my personal S tier. I LOVE him! I’ll still rank in terms of who I think is a great cranky overall though.

Edit: I now realize I think there are a lot of great cranky villagers. Sorry 😂

View attachment 262787
Its so good to finally see someone else that ranks Spike high. I love Spike and Cesar. I never see many people ranking them very high.

Back