How long do you spend playing each day?

The_Storyteller

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Hi all,

I am wondering how much time you spend playing each day. I know there are lots of complaints going around that NH isn't as interesting as other Animal Crossing games and I would definitely love if they updated it a bit more often but the aesthetic is just so calming and beautiful I haven't been able to go back to any of my old games since I started with it last March.

I always find when I log in I think it will take me maybe half an hour to get through everything I want to do and then next thing I know, three hours has passed.

What tasks do you try to complete every day?
How long do you usually play for?
Have you found ways to make your gameplay more efficient or are you happy to just meander through?

Sometimes I would play for like 15 minutes and then call it a day. Then there are times when I am working to get something which can take hours or even days to do. Like right now I am still trying to get the Golden Axe (Yes I know I said on threads that gold tools are bad), but still it was the last golden tool I need. So I am trying to get it. I've been to like 40 nook mile islands trying to cut down trees and I've broken like 50 axes so far, so its taken a lot longer than I thought.

Then other times its just usually time traveling to get furniture variants I have on my 2nd island and then send to my other self on my main island. Finally when I feel like going villager hunting I would just find a villager that I haven't seen before, go to harvs island, and then send the poster to my other user on my main island who is collecting the posters, which that can take like 5 hours depending on how RNG in this game treats me.

So overall the time I play is random. Sometimes its little time and other times it can take long depending on what goal I want to achieve.

It really depends on how I’m feeling each day. And per system. On my main switch, my island is basically complete and depending on what I’m doing I can take hours. On my second island I’m still building and that can take a really long time if I’m focused. But mostly, I just take care of the daily things and log out. Though if I’m in the zone, I like to time travel to collect items and such.

During the week I play for no longer than 30 minutes to an hour each night and on the weekend I tend to play for about two to three hours depending on if I'm in a creative mood and want to do some island designing. Either way though I don't like being glued to by Switch Lite for long periods of time and would rather play little and often to keep me invested in the game for longer.

I usually play half an hour to an hour per day, and that includes chores and whatever else I can think of doing. There are times I've played longer and that's usually when I'm landscaping or working on a design. I think I used to play a couple hours a day back when the game was new but that gave me headaches and made me feel fatigued. I know there are others who play way longer but I'm not sure how they do it 😆

A hour for normal gameplay. Somewhere in the middle if I'm terraforming or building new areas. If I'm designing custom patterns, it can take up to 5 hours depending how detailed I want it to be.

Around 15-30 minutes nowadays. Usually I just check for the visiting NPC and do what I need to do with them, talk to all my villagers once and then quit for the day. It's more or less the "bare minimum", but it's what I'm happy with doing right now, lol.

I check in once every weekday to see if Redd is visiting. Maybe I'll pick up some branches and plant 10k bells in the gold dig spot. Then I quit. On Saturdays, I'll log in to see KK Slider since I'm trying to complete the Nook Mile reward for it. Then I quit.

Yeah... I don't play much at all these days, which I'm honestly fine with. I wanna get through all the awesome indie games I have on my Switch. I'm not ready for ACNH to get interesting again yet lol. I have around 1500+ hours on it so I'm a little tuckered out. Lol

depends how i'm feeling. i'd say my daily routine can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes, and i'm almost guaranteed to get bored in the middle somewhere to the point where i frequently put the system down and come back hours later. some days i'll play for a few hours, if i really have nothing else to do irl, but it's nothing riveting -- i'll just farm nook mile points or fish, so it's usually the day cj is around.

I’ve been on a very long break and I haven’t played the game since may. Somehow I always skip the summer months, which is weird because it’s when my forestcore island looks the best but, oh well.
When I used to play, my playing sessions were very short; there’s not much to do when you have completed the museum, you are happy with your island and how you decorated it and you have villagers that you like and are not going to change anytime soon. So 15 minutes probably, just the time I need to pick up crazy flowers and dig up fossils.

I don't play every day anymore. I used to play every day for an hour or two back when the game released last year, but now I'll log on maybe once a week and play for a couple hours. If I find something interesting to do or I get inspiration for working on my island I'll play more days in a week, but otherwise I just... don't.

I haven't actually played the game a lot in the last few months, generally just popping on about once a week or so, but I'm trying to play it a bit more often to pick up some villager photos and to try to complete some more of the Nook Miles Achievements.

When I do play the game it's usually for about 30 minutes or so, enough time to see who's visiting the island, check the shops and speak to all my villagers, giving gifts to the ones I still need a photo from. If I have some inspiration for decorating my island or I'm visiting mystery islands for a new villager then I can spend multiple hours on the game but I haven't done so recently.

Usually it depends on how much time I have that day. I have two islands and usually play each about half an hour to an hour: if I’m off or planing on redecorating I will play for longer. I give gifts to villagers that I don’t have their photo. See who the visiting NPC is. Maybe work on some nook mile achievements.

Maybe one to two hours. If I am island hopping, the time depends on when I find a suitable villager for my tastes. Sometimes I have extra time so I play longer but not for too long.

Not that much, I don’t play everyday anymore and haven’t since winter started last year. I try to open the game a few times a week now, and when I do I play for a combined 2 or 3 hours for the day. So I’ll play for 15 minutes, then stop. Play for 30 minutes later, stop, etc. I can’t sit and play for extended time anymore (unless there’s a tourney or something, still haven’t collected all those trophies), mostly because my island is complete and there’s nothing to do but interact with my villagers. If the game actually updated regularly with real content updates, I would definitely play more often and for a longer time.

I have a second island on my switch lite, but I’m trying to earn money on my main account to give over before I continue working on it more.

Like you @The_Storyteller, i often expect to play for just a few minutes, just to check in (my life is busy right now and there are a million other things I could/should be doing) but I don’t know if I have every played less than an hour. Frequently I still play 2-5 hours, with 1 hour probably being the shortest is ever play. I like doing the little daily task, like digging up fossils and cleaning up the beach. And then generally I want to talk to my villagers, just because I enjoy it, and to gift whoever I am working on getting photos or second photos from. and I just wander about, find the npc of the day, clean up weeds or stray flowers, and before I know it an hour or more has passed.

for me this is a nice stage right now, because I do not feel the crazy compulsive need to spend hours a day on my island like I did in the beginning (when my maternity leave and covid also meant I had a lot of free time). It was fun and exciting to play for 5+ hours regularly, but not sustainable, so I appreciate being in a more relaxed mode with the game now.

But I love and look forward to logging in every day, my island is so pretty and calming, and talking to/ spying on my villagers as I get go about their days always cheers me up as well.

and when I want more to do, I always seem to be able to find something…

It varies. Now that my island is pretty well established, I usually play for 20-30 minutes in the morning, doing cleanup chores. When I get home a night, I'll pick up again to hit the shops and the visiting NPC. I'll also check in with villagers who were sleeping in the morning.

On the season changes, I will play a bit longer, because I switch out decorations both in my house and around the island. Some stuff just gets customized to different colors/patterns, but other things have bigger changes. Like the surf shop by the pier becomes a mulled cider and hot cocoa stand for winter, then will be a bait and tackle shop in spring, before renting surfboards again.

I’d say it’s been around fifteen minutes each day. I just talk to all of my villagers and check the shops.

Back