• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

• Total voters
in a court of law i don't think u would have much of a leg to stand on if u sued a restaurant for bringing u out sandwiches and they brought u hotdogs but i would love to hear the professional opinion of a lawyer here

Because this is the kind of thing that is litigated, there are places in the United States where things like burritos are sandwiches! For what it is worth, according to New York, a hot dog is a sandwich as well.

...and this is one of gen-z's problems.

who cares about never getting a mortgage or about finding a job above minimum wage when u have a degree WHEN WE HAVE HOTDOGS POSING AS SANDWICHES

That image reminded me of this DFD0AA1D-63E6-4BA1-B6BF-DE8526AA7FE0.jpg
Edit: why is it so tiny idk how to fix that 😢

Last edited:
^Agreed. It's in its own class.

But then again, if you put a hotdog on sandwitch bread, is it now a sandwitch?

Hm.

A hot dog is a hot dog not a sandwich, a sandwich is two slices of bread with a sandwich filling sandwiched inside, whilst a hot dog is a baggueate or roll with a long sausage seated between the firm, warm, cosy baps of the roll

Absolutely not, I don't think the type of bun that a hotdog comes in counts as two pieces of bread. And even if you put a hotdog between two actual slices of bread, I think it's just a hotdog between two slices of bread, not a sandwich. There's just limits here.

I feel like we’re making a breakthrough in this discussion. xD
So then, if a hotdog is still considered a hotdog even if it’s just a sausage between two slices of bread rather than a bun... Does that mean a simple sausage can only evolve into being a ‘hotdog’ in the presence of some sort of bread?

Well, I think to be a taco it has to be in a tortilla or hard taco shell, so no. It's just a folded messy pizza :)

Is that not how everyone eats pizza, folded haha.

yes! a piece of meat or sausage that you put in a baguette or other long bread piece can make a sandwich, so why wouldn't it be the same with a hotdog?

I would say so, it’s bread with meat in it! Ham in a hotdog roll would be a sandwich, so a hotdog in a hotdog roll is also a sandwich

Hot dog is NOT a sandwich, I'll die on this hill. I think I answered No to this poll when it went up in 2018 too lol

No...a hot dog is a hot dog. Its like saying a pizza is a sandwich if you fold it. Its a pizza that's folded. Yes, a hot dog is between bread, but not two pieces of bread. I will say "no" to this poll even if I see it ten years from now.

No...a hot dog is a hot dog. Its like saying a pizza is a sandwich if you fold it. Its a pizza that's folded. Yes, a hot dog is between bread, but not two pieces of bread. I will say "no" to this poll even if I see it ten years from now.
How about a sandwich that’s just a single piece of bread folded in half? 😂

Back