• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is water wet?

Is water wet?

• Total voters

Twikster

how about no
Bells
This has probably be asked before, but I feel like rekindling this internet melodrama.
So is it?

Well, why would I care. But, it’s wet, think about it, you have water in a cup, the water molecules are either completely surrounded or mostly surrounded by other water molecules. If you’re underwater, you’re completely surrounded by water, and if you’re underwater, you’re wet. And water itself is just wet.

Every physical thing in this world is on a scale from dry to wet. EVERYTHING. Water (and I know this may surprise some) is a physical thing. And, if it isn't dry, then it is-stay with me here-
WET

The definition of being wet is being covered by a liquid (or water) or being saturated by it. Water if isolated to a single H2O is not wet by definition, more then one is technically wet.

Isn't that clear?

Im thoroughly dissapointed.

(taken from google cos i cant explain)
Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

Point made case closed

yea it's wet. just bc it can't not b dried doesn't mean it's not wet. snow is always cold, sand is always sandy, water id always wet.

do w/e you want with ur Um Atchlulhlally The Dictionary Says.,,.,, because classifying water as anything but wet is confusing and not something ppl do unless they think it's fun to be pretentious and intentionally confusing. generally if something physical is not wet it's dry, if it's not dry it is some degree of wet and saying that water isnt wet implies that it's dry and is confusing and not necessary

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sand In Itself Is Not Sandy......,, "Sandy" Is Nothing But A Description Of Our Experience Of Sand.,.. Sand In Itself Exists On Another Plane Of Existance Than Us Mortals...,, This Distinction Is Extremely Important Because Sand Often Exists In A Complete Vacuum Just Floating Around In Space And Not Being Sandy,... I Am Very Smart

The definition of being wet is being covered by a liquid (or water) or being saturated by it. Water if isolated to a single H2O is not wet by definition, more then one is technically wet.

Isn't that clear?

Quoting this so the flat Earthers who think that water is wet CAN SEE IT IS NOT

I clicked on this exspecting a troll question... just to find a honest discussion with real arguments
- I love you internet!

Last edited:
Back