What career did you want when you were a kid?

Xara

axolotl girl
Team 1
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Purple Crescent Moon
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Planet Glow Wand
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Night Sky Scenery
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Night Sky Scenery
Purple Star Fragment
Is it the same as the career that you have now?

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a singer for some reason LOL. I have no idea why considering I have stage fright and can’t sing, but I was probably inspired by Hannah Montana and all of the Disney movies and musicals I watched growing up. 😅 Being a famous singer just seemed so cool to me when I was a kid!

Nowadays, I’m unemployed, but my dream career is to work with animals in some capacity! I’m leaning towards pet groomer, but even just working at a pet store would be cool! I actually worked at one as a CO-OP thing for school once, and really enjoyed it! The customers were sweet, I enjoyed restocking and organizing the shelves, and of course all of the pets that were brought in were sweethearts! The store I was at also had 2 kittens up for adoption at the time, and they were the silliest, sweetest little babies! I loved playing and talking with them when I didn’t have anything left in the store to do. They were still there by the time my CO-OP ended, but I hope they both went to a good home!

I've always wanted to be an author, but just don't have the time these days to dedicate. I have an original concept for a fictional book series I was working on, but it's been put on hold because of my current job and responsibilities. And whenever I do have spare time I'd rather play video games.

There may come a time in a few years when I'll be much more free with money and thus have much more free time, so I may resume writing it then.

I have a job where I work from home. I LOVE it, as it’s perfect for me.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I didn’t realize how depressing it was until I got older. Then I wanted to be a hand model because I thought I had pretty hands…but it’s hard to keep your hands looking “perfect” at all times. (I volunteer with cats, too, and this would be impractical— even when I’m just cleaning.)

I always wanted to write, though, in some capacity. But I knew I would need a real job and keep writing on the side. Still, I dreamed of being a writer and/or artist. Technically I am.

I wanted to be a UPS driver so I could drive with my door open. I actually ended up with a job as a courier for FedEx for a while haha. Driving with the door open wasn't as cool as it seemed when I was a kid.

i remember saying i wanted to be a veterinarian but i actually didn’t know, i feel like a lot of kids just say that because they like animals. at age 13-14 i knew i wanted to have some sort of creative career. in a few months i will be graduating high school and going to college, i intend on majoring in graphic design.

When I was very young I wanted to be a teacher. As I got older my aspirations changed to being a truck driver, then an air traffic controller, and finally settled on wanting to be a sleeper car attendant on Amtrak, the US's main passenger rail service. My career ambitions definitely jumped around all over the place!

when i was in high school i had thought about a teacher, fashion designer, or a librarian. now i can confidently say i wouldn't go for either of these, well maybe librarian heh

I have a history of main dream jobs I wanted

Astronaut
Singer
Baker
Chef
Florist

Currently, my main dream is to be an author.

For some reason, I really wanted to be a pizza chef... I have no idea why. I also wanted to be an author, and I still do.

Currently, I'm working as a script writer for a mascot horror game, and I just got hired for my first voice-acting role yesterday. I have a vision of a queer romantasy novel swimming in the back of my mind, but I doubt that will come to fruition for a while. But, I am still a teenager, so I have plenty of time.

I wanted to be a graphic designer and that’s because I thought for the longest time, that college was required and that people would hate me if I didn’t go. I ended up not being interested in college and just going to work l straight out of high school. I am happy with my decision and I don’t regret not going to college at all.

i wanted to be an author for the longest time, then decided i wanted to be a vet when my school started actually talking about career stuff.. and then i realised i didn't want to take chemistry so dropped that idea pretty quick lol. now i still feel like a kid despite almost finishing my degree and having a place on a masters, but i think i want to go into neuroscience research!

The earliest thing I remember was saying I wanted to be a teacher, which I absolutely don't? That changed to wanting to be an artist, which I have actually given up on. I don't have anymore ideas...

As a kid I wanted to be a teacher XD
Definitely no way

Currently working at an deli coffee shop ive been trying to get for years.
And im kinda not surr. I like photography, film production and writing. And art. As long as im doing something creative im happy

I wanted to be a Pokemon Master (seriously) or a Vet pffff ahhaa. I then realized that being a Vet meant that you were around sick animals so that was an immediate no for me. I ended up getting into computers and well, here I am as a Graphic Designer.

I wanted to be an illustrator and/or author. I don't think it's something I'd want to do as an actual career anymore, but it is something I'm working on all the time as a hobby!

I was very unsure about my career for the longest time. Career tests in school would tell me engineer or other STEM related professions, but I was not interested.

In high school I was going to study to be a teacher until I was accidentally placed in a Computer Science class. After that I realized it was perfect for me and never looked back.

I have a clear memory of my class being asked this when I was about 6-7? I watched everyone else draw themselves as vets, firefighters, astronauts, prime ministers, authors and artists... I said I'd rather stay home and not do that 😭 what a prime example of a motivated and goal-driven child I was 🥰

Back