• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What career did you want when you were a kid?

Artist. It's the first thing I can remember wanting to be. Somewhere along the line, I forgot about it or was dissuaded because it's not a lucrative career. However as I get older, I think there was more wisdom in my desire than I gave credit towards. So even if it's not my "career" per se, I am still trying to live life as an artist, whatever that means.

QVC host. From when I was 5-8, I would watch QVC all the time and started to role play being a host. I was even coming up with random item numbers. I even taught myself how to set the VCR clock just to tape different showings on the channel.

I wanted to be a doctor, more specifically a GP, and one of the silly reasons why was that I wanted one of those already inked stamp with my name on it so I could stamp the prescriptions...
But also I wanted to heal people.
But the auto-inked stamps were a nice bonus...

when i was like 4-5 years old, i wanted to become a doctor!! i even dressed up as a doctor for halloween. then i found out what you need to do as a doctor and i ditched that dream :( (i get really queasy around that kind of stuff)

a couple years later i decided i wanted to become a math teacher and i'm currently working towards that dream 🥰

QVC host. From when I was 5-8, I would watch QVC all the time and started to role play being a host. I was even coming up with random item numbers. I even taught myself how to set the VCR clock just to tape different showings on the channel.
That’s cool! I still watch QVC and every now and then. The cooking and furniture programs are my favorite.

At first I wanted to be a fire fighter, but then I found out they have to go long periods of time away from home for work.

Then my obsession with space began and I wanted to be an astronaut. That dream died once I realized how difficult it is to become one. The fact I ended up not being the minimum height to be an astronaut bums me out sometimes.

Around 5th grade I wanted to become an author since I got interested in writing and was told I should become a writer by all of my teachers (even my high school ones said that). I lost interest in it for a long time since I had no story ideas until fairly recently. It’s a funny coincidence that I’m actually related to an author and never knew.

My fourth career idea was to be a YouTuber (just like everyone else). I was I told I had a nice narration voice, but I knew YouTube paid terribly and was a very oversaturated market.

Finally I spent several years wanting to be a translator for Japanese media. I kept trying to learn Japanese only to finally realize that my brain just doesn't process info on new languages very well and I didn’t enjoy the process.

Now I’m just desperate for any job that will keep me as long as it isn’t customer service related.

Back