What part of the Nintendo Switch do you find to be the most innovative?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Christmas Gold Candy
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
We already have a discussion on disappointments and a discussion on satisfaction, so let’s start another thread about reviews on the Nintendo Switch now it’s been seven years.

Obviously, the idea you can play it on the big screen and on the go would be one of them, but let’s not forget the other innovative aspects each software title brought us. Almost every franchise has broke the mold compared to the older games when they made it to the Nintendo Switch. Let’s discuss the top innovations we seen on the Switch, both software and hardware.

My take:
  1. You could play much larger games on the go.
  2. Terraforming in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Outdoor item placement in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  4. Experience Candies (in Pokémon Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet)
  5. Koraidon and Miraidon (as ride Pokémon in the main series Pokémon games)

Nintendo Labo comes to mind. They did a pretty great job combining papercrafts and gaming (before that Yoshi Switch game, which I haven't played yet), despite only being a novelty at the end of the day. I hope to try out one of the kits sometime...the variety one especially.

It’s got pretty impressive designing. I like how the Joy-Cons can actually produce sound, and it’s weird that they rarely ever use it in games.

And of course, the obvious answer would be the fact that it’s like an Xbox One or PS4 that you can take wherever you want. Actually, it’s to the point where I rarely ever use it on the TV. It’s really convenient to be able to play it wherever you want despite having larger games than the 3DS.

Aside from the answer of it being both a home and portable console, save data transfers are now ridiculously easy, more easy than I thought they'd be. I was able to transfer everything from my old Switch to my new one with no issues and it didn't take that long, either (aside from having to wait for all my games to redownload overnight). I can't imagine having to do that by myself with the 3DS systems (never experienced that before). 💀

Back