• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Anyone else thinking of redoing their island based on this update?

I have been in the process of resetting my island for a while -- though I've been working on it sparingly. I'm really glad I did that now lol. I'm excited to start afresh with a completely new island and progression while utilizing all these new features. I guess I ought to hurry up with getting the museum established and other things!!

I'm more overwhelmed by the idea that I have to collect all the new furniture again. I finished my furniture catalogue pretty early on in the game thanks to cataloguing islands on the forums and hadn't had to worry about shopping at Nook's or anything since. Now that they're going to be adding much much MUCH more, I'm getting really stressed about it lol. But I'd rather feel this stress than have no new furniture.

In terms of redecorating my island, there's definitely A LOT of clean up I have to do to get ready, but my island was barely complete except for some areas and I'm planning to just take my time with it anyway. Probably collect all the new stuff before I even start trying to finish my island hehe. I really wish they gave us flower storage though, since I want to put all my flowers away to use for later instead of storing them all over my beaches.

Abso-freaking-lutely. The good news is that I stopped playing before I finished my island, or really did too much anyway so now the world's my oyster!

I'm more overwhelmed by the idea that I have to collect all the new furniture again. I finished my furniture catalogue pretty early on in the game thanks to cataloguing islands on the forums and hadn't had to worry about shopping at Nook's or anything since. Now that they're going to be adding much much MUCH more, I'm getting really stressed about it lol. But I'd rather feel this stress than have no new furniture.

This one was one of my first thoughts and I feel the same way haha. I'm crossing my fingers that most of the furniture will be able to be unlocked through the Happy Home Paradise DLC, but we'll probably have to wait and see.

I was bored so I reset my game 2 days ago, I guess it was perfect timing, now I can peacefully prepare for the update

I already reset because of the OLED (don't have it, but I wanted a new fancy island to take over when I do), this time limit is just making me more motivated. :) It's nice to plan an island around the updates.

I won't ever restart my island, though for the moment I'll definitely tweak it to fit in the new crops that are being added. It's possible that I may overhaul my island down the road once I've gotten most of the new items being added in the new update, just have to wait and see.

i don't think i'll redo my island entirely because i still have a lot of unused space i can use with new features, but i'm definitely revamping parts of it (and redoing entire parts of my house probably 😭 all of the new food items and the DLC's partition walls mean my basement cafe needs a massive makeover and it stresses me out because that was the room i was proudest of...)

At first I was very overwhelmed by everything featured in the Direct, but now that I took some time to look through and think about the new Nook Miles items and all that... I'm simply inspired!

My island is still mostly flat since I restarted only a few months ago, but you can bet that until November arrives it's getting a lot flatter!

No point in fighting it now... Just gotta cherish that much needed excitement, brand new ideas, all of that!

I don't plan on redoing my full island, but I definitely have plans on redoing a few areas. Especially with the ability to add more inclines and bridges, not to mention all of the new crops added... I am in need of a bigger farm.

I need space for farms. I recently rearranged my villager homes in such a way that they're aligned side-by-side with little space for nothing else (kinda like American suburbs). But with this update... man, they're gonna need a small patch of land to grow some carrots and potatoes.

I reset a while back but lost motivation pretty early on in the redecorating stages so fortunately my island is still looking pretty bare. I am kind of overwhelmed at the thought of picking my island back up now only to get a bunch of new furniture in a few weeks, but at the same time it's definitely resparked interest in the game for me, especially since the only area of my island i'd actually terraformed was a farm with yellow hyacinths acting as the wheat!

I was overwhelmed at first but now I think it won't be as bad. I already know my first order of business is getting rid of the outdoor cafe now that the Roost is back. There are a couple of other spots on my island I definitely want to convert to farms for the cooking DIYs but they're mostly spaces with a bunch of flowers and now I have to think about where are all of those flowers going to go.

Yeah I will make some major changes on the 2nd island and I will make little changes on the main island. Seriously all those new items I saw gave me some new ideas!

I do minor changes here and there, ultimately i'll need to free up space for the gardening to make food items. I've never been the one who completely flattens their entire island.

I’m a bit overwhelmed by the amount of content so I think I’ll just do a conservative approach. When the update launches I will go through all the new items on villagerdb, pick out my favourite items added and just... Leave my designs the way they are and replace some old items with some new items. I think I can make it work

I really wish ACNH had a New Game+ for this reason. You start a new game with x amount of bells (maybe x% of what you had in your savings?) and all the furniture you have unlocked available to order, and you retain the DIYs you learned.
Post automatically merged:

Also as much as I'd want to start over... I don't wanna redo my catalogue/DIYs, nor do I wanna lose my bbs TwT I know I can get them back with the new Amiibo series, but I worked so hard for Raymond, Audie, Bob, Stinky and Punchy, I couldn't lose them!

I'm not going to restart my game; too much accomplished, too many things catalogued, and I've said in the past that if anything happened to the save file, then I would simply stop playing permanently.

I'll want to rearrange things, though I'd been doing that anyway. So, this update plays a part but I wouldn't say it's a major factor.

Back