• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Are you autistic?

Do you have an ASD diagnosis?

• Yes

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Self Diagnosed

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
Not diagnosed, but I definitely feel like I am autistic. I've done a couple autism symptom checklist things, and I checked off the majority of the boxes. There's also this YouTuber I watch sometimes (her name is Morgan Foley), who creates videos based around autism and ADHD symptoms and experiences, and I've found a lot of them very relatable, including some of the more specific ones.
Said symptoms are very noticable, apparently. For example, I was at my best friend's house for New Years, and he told me that one of the first things his dad said to him after everyone was dropped off was, "Is Remus autistic?". I had only just met him earlier that day, so that statement speaks volumes.

I am. I wasn’t diagnosed when I was a child because I got good grades. Because of that, getting help and finding somewhere to get me tested was a big struggle for my mom.

It affects my daily life tremendously. I can’t get a job because of a lot of my issues. I also have severe anxiety, OCD, ADHD, depression.

People have trouble understanding me and I have trouble understanding things like the moods, what is inappropriate to say or do (like telling friends mutuals is **** talking them is wrong???) . My relationship with my dad had always been rough since he doesn’t understand me or try to since he isn’t treating his own anxiety.

I have trouble making and keeping personal friends. Staying in touch with friends is hard since i just am not much of a chatter. i’m bad at talking. When I need to cope with my problems I rather keep it to myself than burden anyone. If someone says they’re busy, i leave them be even if i want to chat.

I can’t take good care of myself since I don’t know how to do a lot of things around the house. I forget even when shown how.

Driving is hard because I get sleepy and get lost even with gps. too scared to drive anyways anymore.

It is hard also to organize my thoughts on the spot and talk verbally. Dirty environment, loud sounds, big crowds make it hard to function too.

Sorry this is all over the place. I tried to think of the main problems i have.

I was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when I was 4. It was very obvious I had it. My symptoms are less visible at first glance now, but anyone who knows what autism is can usually tell after enough exposure to me. I still don't look at people in the face most of the time because it's overwhelming. I turn to face them and look at their face briefly to establish I am listening and then look away the rest of the time. I can barely hold a conversation with anyone I don't know well unless it's a with a customer service worker on what I want or with a therapist. I can tell the difference between a side eye, a smile, or a frown, but anything more nuanced than that I can't do. To this day I can't tell the difference between a tired person and a sad person based on their facial expressions. Most body language is meaningless to me.

My autism gives me executive functioning issues and even basic chores require a lot of effort from me. I also have motor control issues so I'm not very efficient when doing laundry, dishes, or cleaning. I have a terrible sense of direction and I get lost easily. Finding specific objects takes me longer than most people and grocery shopping takes ages.

Online it's much less obvious and people usually say they couldn't tell before I told them. I find it easier to think of what to say online and can hold or join a conversation with no issue. Most of my friends are online because of that. It took me a long time to get to that point though. I used to have really bad boundaries online. I asked overly personal things sometimes and messaged too much. I also had a habit of not responding to people because I forgot. I used to be blocked or ghosted often because of it. Now I can keep online friends pretty easily.

Last edited:
Back