Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Lost Book
Toy Duck Plush
Mother's Day Carnation
Em9RnWhUYAEczIQ
Em9RrpqVQAENH2k

I had an all-duck town called Quackle in New Leaf and I liked that town but I made some fundamental mistakes when I started it and,as most of you know,New Leaf wasn't as forgiving as New Horizons so I just had to live with my errors.Also,as much as I loved New Leaf,there were limits to what I could do with that town as far as decorating,landscaping,etc.(And I'm not the most creative town designer).Therefore,I decided to start an all-duck town in New Horizons.It's called Billington and my island rep is Ducky.....well,she is feeling ducky but her name is actually Ducky(it was either that or Foie Gras).Scoot is my first ducky resident but I'm still mostly undecided on the rest.I'm definitely going to have Molly and Quillson but after that I'm not sure.Hopefully things will turn out better this time around.

Last edited:
Em-VFVvUcAE8Xny

Having a rest with Citizen #1

Em9RzF_VcAEtAyy

That new island smell.....

Em-U-BOUYAEHSHe

Citizen #2?I visited my other island to recruit Bill but he's not quite ready to move yet.How can I have a duck town called Billington without a Bill?

The island seems so big when you start off but steadily shrinks when new things are added.Why can't it expand as you go?Eh,probably not a good idea.....the island would expand to be as big as Australia for some people.Anyways,there's much of the typical island starting stuff going on....yeah,kinda boring but necessary.I'll probably have the first of the three generic house villagers arriving in a day or two.I'm going to let the game decide who these next three villagers are going to be and not do any island hopping.I'm going to save my Nook Miles for developing the island this time around and use other means to get my villagers.

Em_mvX9UcAArR-a

The game decided that Derwin would be Citizen #2.I guess it knew I was making a duck town and sent him my way.

EnNoTB9UwAIBOTk

I have a house.....and a somewhat unimpressive South Pole which is about the size of the Stonehenge in Spinal Tap.

EnJ6yhWVcAUL4uZ

Nook's Cranny opened.The entire population showed up for the celebration....all seven of 'em.

EnJ7XEzVcAE-B1k

Poor Derwin has the dubious honor of being the first villager in Billington to become extremely ill.Congrats,big guy!

As seen above,Derwin moved himself to Billington.I hope he'll wear different pairs of glasses that are gifted to him like Graham on my other island.I don't mind that he'll have the generic lazy house because his original house has a beach theme that some of the other ducks also have so this will at least keep things a bit different.

EnY46UEWEAMlkJQ

Molly Duckwald is moving to Billington.

EnY4tN0XcAcyP4L

Billington gets its Bill

EnJ7lm9VgAEn1hh

I didn't realize that Molly and Bill have matching houses.Even the roof colors match their respective feather colors.

Encid4OVQAEZ2-f
EnciF2rUcAAYjVe

Yep,it was perfect timing.

Molly and Bill have both made a nest on Billington.While I was visiting my other island,Bill decided he wanted to move and then not long after back on Billington,Megan the starter normal villager asked to leave as well.The last time I went island hopping I was hoping to find Megan but struck out and then she pops up out of the blue on Billington.Stuff like this doesn't happen very often in this game.I really didn't know that Molly and Bill's houses looked so much alike.I moved them near each other because they were neighbors in Quackle and would occasionally hang out together there.

EntvbHnVQAMHzzt

My ducks are all in a row.......sort of.Front row from left to right: Mallary,Bill,Molly,island rep Ducky,Scoot,Derwin and Pompom.Back row from left to right: Freckles,Quillson,Drake and Maelle.I also have Joey and Gloria on my other islands and I thought about moving them to Billington but they're both well settled on their respective islands and I wanted to include duckies that moved out of Quackle too quickly like Maelle and Drake.I seriously thought of getting Ketchup instead of Pompom but Ketchup just doesn't have the ducky charisma that Pompom has.

EntvhizVoAAoe-H

The K.K. Slider concert.That dog does a lot with just four chords.

I've seen a lot of towns/islands with only one villager species in the whole place, but I've never seen one featuring only ducks before; they seem so underrated compared to how many cat or dog only towns/islands there are.
Are you going to end up with tons of decoy ducks everywhere?

I've seen a lot of towns/islands with only one villager species in the whole place, but I've never seen one featuring only ducks before; they seem so underrated compared to how many cat or dog only towns/islands there are.
Are you going to end up with tons of decoy ducks everywhere?
I've liked the ducks since I adopted Joey in New Leaf shortly after the game was released.I had a New Leaf all duck town called Quackle and since they are one of the less popular species,it was relatively easy to adopt them for free.Yeah,I'll have some decoy ducks for sure but I haven't figured out how I'm going to use them yet.I've seen some islands with ponds made from water paths with the decoy ducks placed on top to make it look like a real duck pond but I'm not sure if I'll do the same.

En74d5AXUAIoeQC

Dinner is served.I don't wanna be nitpicky but what do straw hats have to do Turkey Day or Thanksgiving?Did the Pilgrims wear straw boaters when they settled in North America?

En73qkuXMAw3FSg

Aww,too bad that food meant for humans isn't good for ducks.Looks like I'll have it all to myself.

En73tmpUcAApMj3

I'm beginning to think that Scoot's helmet is either a fine work of body art or an oddly shaped and colored birthmark.

En73h-DUwAIJCEY

Mallary is a dedicated chef.I just hope she isn't making foie gras.

EoEzDKRVcAE93lf

Geez,you just got here girl.I'm sensing some Mallary envy.

EnjNs5rVoAA2jDF

Here's Spaceman Spiff out for a quick jog around the island.

EoEy_IsUwAAZ67U

Here's the map of Billington in its pristine state,before I go messing it up with my usual haphazard landscaping.I was thinking of making a series of interconnected ponds in place of a regular path if I have enough room to do that.Otherwise,I'll resort to Plan B as soon as I come up with a Plan B.

EoKfK7EVcAAHN13

Time to start landscaping........but where to begin?

EoKe0e2VoAMu1wW

Aerial shot of the plaza.I put some holly and cosmos....cosmoses....cosmi....a bunch of flowers there temporarily to get my three star rating.

EoKe-ifVoAQjLim

Experimenting with some brick paths.I had a similar path in Quackle but this one seems to be a bit loud.I might go for a more rustic brick path.

EoKe6WhVgAEFmoH

EoKfXt0UwAEA08F

I knew it!Those snooty girls have trouble getting along.

EoQpmpwVEAA07Gb

I replaced the diagonal brick with a weathered brick and added the wood path from the game.I kinda like it.

EoQpyKhUUAAYHco

I put together this obnoxious Christmas ensemble.Looks like something a flight attendant on Santa's sleigh would wear.

EoQp3noVgAINLWG

The first random visitor to the campsite is Harry the hairy hippo.Hmm...it looks like he shrunk a size or two since New Leaf.

EoWvNFqVQAAR45O

Maelle

EoWw7s9VgAApV8L

Freckles

EoKfRpAVQAQ5vxs

Drake

EnY4cbJWEAA5HqJ

Bill

Most of the duck villagers have decent house interiors.Bill's real house is 100 percent better than the generic jock house he had on my other island.

EolRGRgUUAAgdNp

Good golly Miss Molly.She's been kind of quiet since she moved in.I gave her a fairy dress and I think it looks pretty darn cute on her.

EolEVaVVEAIKbDg

How could Nintendo let us have a campfire in the plaza without any marshmallows to toast?

EolEQa2UwAEpQmj

Girlfriend,you better not be referring to me.I'm not the one wearing a straw boater and carrying a purse the size of a bank vault.

EovxKctU0AAQLRG

Testing a grass pattern that looked interesting.I'll probably save it for springtime.

EovxQsCUcAEzw-S

It's not all that fluffy.....yet.

EowEF7-UUAAey0W

Geez,that fish guy was bothering me today.I was trying to lay down some paths but he kept hanging around in the exact spot I was working in so I banished him to this place in front of the plaza.I was in a bad mood...I got stung by wasps,had to break up a fight between Freckles and Mallary and stepped in some duck doo.

Eo_XZSqUYAEFa9c

I found some decent winter paths like this snowflake overlay.

Eo_XTedUUAAmEYD

Eo_XK5NVQAElg-M

A pink and blue brick path.I'm glad to have apples as my town fruit.

Eo_Xg10VQAE_yAb

Derwin and Quillson seem to have started a mini-bromance.Derson?Quillwin?

Back