Bright Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Lunar New Year

1707715440909.png

Happy Lunar New Year! May the year of the dragon be a good one for all! 🐉❤️ I tried to make the rolls look a bit like bamboo and the character is that for dragon.

Excuse my calligraphy skills and the images if they're too big! I didn't know which lighting I liked more so I posted both: one outside and one in front of the mural in my room that my mom painted.

1000010641.jpg

1000010642.jpg

1000010643.jpg

Happy Lunar New Year! May the year of the dragon be a good one for all! 🐉❤️ I tried to make the rolls look a bit like bamboo and the character is that for dragon.

Excuse my calligraphy skills and the images if they're too big! I didn't know which lighting I liked more so I posted both: one outside and one in front of the mural in my room that my mom painted.

View attachment 535571

View attachment 535572

Your helper did a great job. Look at them holding the paper down for you. Thank you for sharing! 😊

🐉 Happy lunar new year! 🧧

rmTa9Nk.jpeg

The center characters (hopefully) read “happy Chinese new year”. Except for two thin yarn strings everything else is made of paper ^^

ZG6gz3M.jpeg

4iVdhBH.jpeg

Quick question!
So are the cutted lines obligatory? Or is it okay to do something like this (as example) ?

My box lantern featuring Tom Nook as the Chinese God of Wealth Caishen:
1707971047675.png
1707971004220.png

I nabbed a cleaner photo of the lantern's back without the cereal boxes nearby, lol. My children were stalking me and I couldn't set up an aesthetic photo, so pantry photoshoot it is.

This is the main part of the template. It was the 5th version after much trial and error.
1707971297910.png

Caishen is often invoked during Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year)-- he has a funky hat that has sticks coming out the sides or something. My childhood home has a little shrine with a lucky red light over a statue of him. I broke the sticks off of his ceramic hat by accident, and shoved them back in... shhhh, don't tell my parents!
I have Tom Nook holding an orange instead of a gold ingot. It seemed more festive. His robe is decorated with turnips and there are 5 stars on his figure representing the 5 element cycle of the Chinese zodiac (the normal lucky 8 was just not going to fit).

The first lantern model I made was hexagonal, but I could not get it to hold its shape and I wasted all of my red cardstock on it.
1707972056844.png

The final lantern had 5 materials: cardstock, tissue paper, washi tape, glue, twine. I did attempt to write calligraphy with glitter glue on the side of my final entry, but there was no place to dry it safely and I was so DONE. XD
Happy lunar new year!

No handle because this was hard enough with the only scissors in my house missing...

And then I accidentally drew my dragon sideways.

It works though.

20240215_104646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back