• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Do you ever question why and how we end up on the path we are on ?

I don't really question it because I know why and how. I'm on the path that I am due to luck and also due to all my good decisions and all my bad decisions.
Of course I do question wtf I was thinking with a lot of those bad decisions, maybe I could have been on a better path if I hadn't been so dumb.

Unless you mean the path we are all on collectively as a society/civilization/species.. well that's just outta my hands at that point

Not really. I can't control most things, especially since there is no going back. Some of it I know why and some of it just happens because it happens. Either way, I can't undo it.

I mean, sometimes. I wonder why certain things worked out, or certain things didn't. I'm not a Christian so I don't really believe in "God's plan" but I do think things happen for a reason. I guess I more think of this as why did my soul choose this life? I also know that if you don't like your path, you can make changes to it. Seek other paths, other options, make different decisions. Life is the dance between free will and fate.

With some things yes. It’s my way of learning from my mistakes.

There’s a line between that and ruminating I cross more often than I outright admit.

Sometimes I feel like my 2012 through 2022 was mostly awful on purpose so it could all build up to Christmas that year when it reached its absolute worst. Then all the awesome people I met in 2023 was like an apology for it.

I don't think too much about that because I direction I take in life is entirely dependent on my decisions. So that means if I'm disatisfied with my life, that's on me.

That's the question to ask before finding out.
Could assist on your path forward or seeing the paths you have to choose from.

Back