• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Do you have OCs?

omg I have soooooo many OCs it's kinda ridiculous (@/Shellzilla_515 can vouch for that hehe) 😭😭

I can edit this post later and talk about them if you're interested, it'll probably end up being a whole short story though 😂 I have my toyhou.se profile linked in my signature, it's a whole vibe honestly.

Kind of. I have 2. The self insert for the gaming app Fire Emblem Heroes is silent. After playing it for a few years, I started to wonder how living there might feel; or do they miss their family?

As a result, I started making my own story in my head.

No. I call the character in my signature and profile respectively an OC, but I'm not sure that really counts. The character is just a reflection of how I see myself with the exception of the eye color. My eyes are actually green, but the darker blue matched the picture nicer.

omg I have soooooo many OCs it's kinda ridiculous (@/Shellzilla_515 can vouch for that hehe) 😭😭

I can edit this post later and talk about them if you're interested, it'll probably end up being a whole short story though 😂 I have my toyhou.se profile linked in my signature, it's a whole vibe honestly.
I love your toyhouse, it's so bright and colorful!! Espunimbus and Toucat are my fav listings on your character page!
Post automatically merged:

No. I call the character in my signature and profile respectively an OC, but I'm not sure that really counts. The character is just a reflection of how I see myself with the exception of the eye color. My eyes are actually green, but the darker blue matched the picture nicer.
I'd say it counts, most people consider those like, personas which i'd argue is an OC.

I love my OCs so much 🥹 Some of them I've had for like 20 years!!!
I also do weird things like imagine AMVs in starring them while listening to music, or imagine a bunch of different AUs with them (the most bizarre being a 90 Day Fiance AU...)

Sadly I have no skills with art or writing, so a lot of them are doomed to never see the light of day 😔 Some of them I've been able to draw a clear enough reference to then commission some lovely art, but some of them I've tried to draw a reference and the results were so terrible and/or confusing that I gave up 🙈

I'm not that familiar with toyhouse, but I think I'm going to take a look at the links later so I can see everyone's OCs!!

I love my OCs so much 🥹 Some of them I've had for like 20 years!!!
I also do weird things like imagine AMVs in starring them while listening to music, or imagine a bunch of different AUs with them (the most bizarre being a 90 Day Fiance AU...)

Sadly I have no skills with art or writing, so a lot of them are doomed to never see the light of day 😔 Some of them I've been able to draw a clear enough reference to then commission some lovely art, but some of them I've tried to draw a reference and the results were so terrible and/or confusing that I gave up 🙈

I'm not that familiar with toyhouse, but I think I'm going to take a look at the links later so I can see everyone's OCs!!
So I've never been good at drawing and only took it up recently. For my OCs, I usually buy adoptables or for the cases of mine that are completely unique, I've worked with an artist friend who helped me come up with a design (in exchange for $$$.) My friend is a concept artist so it ended up working out because she drew out some hair ideas, outfit ideas, we talked in depth about personality and how the characters may look based on that (i.e hair and what they wear.) It's super fun! Sometimes moodboards help artists get an idea for designs too.

oh, lord, you don't want to get me on the soapbox about my ocs, i'll never shut up. my toyhouse is linked in my signature, so you can read about them if you'd like. they're nothing special, just average, everyday humans in a crime-drama setting, but i still think they're neat. i can kind of write, so i've created plenty of fic over the years, and... a third? of a book that features them all, but art is beyond my capabilities, so i've commissioned pieces from a lot of wonderful artists over the years! i don't want to bog down the thread too much, but here's some of my favorites!

the gang.jpg

artist

cat kids.jpg

artist

daringred1_by_chainofrain_dfcff67.png

artist

Lisaclaire sketch.jpg

artist

daringred_by_witchybase_dfeaem5 (1).png

artist

I just have the two OCs, I suppose. My AC rep, and my AC villager from the Celebrating Diversity event where we came up with villagers to represent us. My villager was a Tasmanian devil named Marsi, and I'd like to keep working on her. 😊💜✨

I honestly don’t know? 🙈💜 I would have said no as I’m not an artist and don’t have the ability to design an oc?

Then I think yes? I have been blessed to have talented amazing friends draw my rep. She has evolved into a character and I love all the artwork I have 😍🥰 ❤️

Like @S.J. (talking about diversity, she is an amazing artist ❤️) I drew a very basic kangaroo and her baby just based on me and my son. If it hadn’t been for my dear friend @Shellzilla_515 the characters would have been forgotten. He developed the characters into something special and they are now in my heart 💜💙💜

I'm not sure if my avatar character I have around the forums here can be considered an OC? I guess so? I just made a ref sheet for her so I suppose she is an OC. I don't create them a lot, I have a few in my head that I still need to flesh out but I never truly got into OC making and maintaining. I don't establish an emotional connection to them easily so I guess that's why.

I’ve been feeling uninspired with my OCs for a long time, but lately, I’ve made a lot more and have been feeling very creative!

I have a set of OCs that are a specific kind of creature I made up. There is no one specific way for this species to look, and they develop new features throughout their lifetime. There’s Thingy, she’s a creature about the size of a great dane, maybe a bit bigger that has features of a bunny, kangaroo, parrot, dinosaur, and more. She’s very awkward and clumsy but super peppy. She’s generally optimistic but is prone to mood swings and can be pessimistic and gloomy at times. Next is Euclid, another creature with multiple animal features. She has opposable hands, large wings, and a tail optimized for swimming meaning that she can go lots of places! She also has a third eye that can sense negative vibes from the future, which causes her pain. Willow, in stark contrast, is a very sad creature that can barely move. Next comes Castaway, who hatched with a sensitive membrane on her face but eventually grew a shield that covers it and protects it. (Think shieldon, one of the inspirations for her). In her life, her short tail grew into a long one covered in foliage. Finally, there’s Kinesis who used to hide inside her shell but as she became less scared of the world around her, her shell shrunk into a small saddle-like thing on her back.

Then there’s a cadabbit (cat/dog/rabbit), a magician’s pet, and a dove, who originally belonged to the magician but was adopted by Avastella, their assistant, an aspiring drag queen who’s terrifed of public speaking.
The cadabbit is very peppy and a huge ham. The dove can’t stand her and tries to ruin her day but always fails, despite how oblivious the cadabbit is. He also must try to maintain the peaceful and elegant reputation of his species in the process.

And that’s just a few of my ocs.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, almost forgot to mention Belinda, she’s a pokésona I made when I was hyperfixated on rock climbing. She’s a hatterene. A normally mild-mannered girl who likes tea parties. But what most other pokémon don’t know is her secret hobby, indoor rock climbing! By removing her psychic accessories, she is reduced to her little “alien” form which allows her to climb. In this form, she wears an outfit with a shirt that says “HM08” (rock climb in gen 4) and a white chalk bag. She is very passionate, and she loves blowing people’s minds with how fast and nimble she is at her favorite sport! Her quest is to be the first hatterene to learn the move rock climb.

Last edited:
I have a few that might maybe make it into a published work someday 👉👈 but they mostly live in my head for now and I'm not ready to talk about them until I'm at least more confident in what I'll be doing with them—but I do have a self-insert/persona type OC! She's actually who I named myself after on here, and in games that have character customization, I usually try and recreate her in some fashion. ;v; I've been meaning to draw up a proper reference sheet for her for some time now, but haven't found the opportunity yet. Soon!!

I also have a few character designs I've come up with but I don't know what, if anything, I want to do with them yet, so they haven't quite reached full OC status.

While I've had many potential ideas for OCs, there are only 3 that have really made it past the basic idea stage, and only one of which exists outside of my own head as I have commissioned art for that one.

The OC I've commissioned art for is a Buizel character named "Kobo" (shortened version of my username on the site I originally came up with the idea for him on). He is still very early in the refinement stage though so a lot about him and his design is subject to change. He is a lake Buizel who typically keeps to himself. The ends of his hands, feet, and head crest are all faded, and he is often seen wearing a polished everstone pendant given to him by his best friend (my second OC). He is also relatively short for a Buizel, coming in at just 2 feet (61cm) compared to the Pokedex average of 2'4" (71cm). He is shy around others, but as he becomes more comfortable around them he is a really friendly person. He absolutely loves swimming, way more than even a Buizel probably should, and spends most of his free time in the water. He is perfectly content as a Buizel and has no interest in evolution into a Floatzel.

The second OC is a River Otter named Oscar, the best friend of Kobo. His home is in a river that feeds into the lake that Kobo lives by. The two of them met very early on in life at the point where the river meets the lake, and quickly became best friends. Despite that, you won't see the two of them together too often as Oscar understands Kobo's frequent need for space and time alone. When they are together though it's immediately obvious that they are the best of friends! The everstone pendant mentioned in Kobo's description was made from an everstone Oscar found in the river, having been polished over many years by the current of the river. Oscar fashioned it as a pendant and gave it to Kobo for one of his birthdays. Despite its seemingly simple appearance, it ended up becoming Kobo's favorite gift he ever received and he proudly wears it virtually everywhere he goes.

The final OC is a Raccoon named Kaz (I have no idea where I got the name from to be honest), an idea born many years ago but only recently have I done any amount of fleshing out of his character. As he is still in the idea stage I don't have a whole lot to go on for him, other than the fact that he lives in the forest close to Kobo and Oscar. He is much more of a "people person," so to speak, and has many friends. He is a bit of a troublemaker, but never over the top and in such a way that you can't help but still like him anyway and he's always sure to see that his troublemaking ways never harm anyone. In appearance, I designed him based loosely on the Animal Crossing Cat model, though with slightly rounded ear tips and a thicker tail. That's as far as I've managed to get on the design side though.

This is the first, and so far only, commissioned piece I have so far of my Buizel character Kobo, done by the wonderful Foreverfox at this shop: Foreverfox's Den. This is before I came up with the pendant idea which is why it's not present here.

Buizel OC by Foreverfox.png

Yeah I’ve got a couple. My favorite being this human with pink hair and bunny ears and its just so cute. I like to put him as my profile pic etc on occasion.

Toyhouse is basically a site dedicated to making pages OCs. It's invite only, but there are plenty of people who would be happy to give you a code online (not everyone can though, I think you need to be a premium member or something like that if I could I would offer you a code). I use mine to have 'organized' (very loosely using this term) galleries for my characters because my art folders are terrifying lol

I know you mentioned not writing/drawing them much yourself, but it would be an easy place to compile all the works others have made for you as well if you were interested in making your own account. <3

Last edited:
As a kid, I had a couple. But these days I don't have any.

Back