• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Do you think...

Do you think AC:3DS will have voice chat?

• Yes

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
I don't know if this has been announced by Nintendo already, but is anyone else thinking that AC:3DS will have voice chat, much like WiiSpeak in City Folk? I'm thinking it will.

Didn't WildWorld have voice chat too?
Nope, as far as I know only Pok?mon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver and Metroid Prime: Hunters have it. There might be some other games I'm forgetting, but Wild World definitely didn't have it. I spent years chatting on that game...

Anyways, I think it can go either way with Animal Crossing 3DS. It's definitely possible, especially since Pok?mon and Metroid did it on DS. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't add it, but who knows.

Nope, as far as I know only Pok?mon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver and Metroid Prime: Hunters have it. There might be some other games I'm forgetting, but Wild World definitely didn't have it. I spent years chatting on that game...

Anyways, I think it can go either way with Animal Crossing 3DS. It's definitely possible, especially since Pok?mon and Metroid did it on DS. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't add it, but who knows.

Oh wow, lame.
Hopefully it'll be used a lot more with the 3DS.

Aw, it was nice around here while you were banned. [trollface.png]

/ontopic/
Probably, but I hope not. I much prefer typing instead of having kids screaming at me, one of the reasons that put me off wifing on AC:CF.

Aw, it was nice around here while you were banned. [trollface.png]

/ontopic/
Probably, but I hope not. I much prefer typing instead of having kids screaming at me, one of the reasons that put me off wifing on AC:CF.
so... turn off the voice chat? :/
it's a very nice option, if you don't mind using it.
hope they have it in there.

But then you miss out on the conversation.
if it's a conversation like you mentioned, i doubt you'd be missing a whole lot.
and there'd still be the fallback of virtual keyboard/text input.. you just wouldn't have the luxury of being able to speed things up with the mic. eh.
i found it annoying to have to type everything on the ds' keyboard. wii moreso.

individual mute, maybe?

if it's a conversation like you mentioned, i doubt you'd be missing a whole lot.
and there'd still be the fallback of virtual keyboard/text input.. you just wouldn't have the luxury of being able to speed things up with the mic. eh.
i found it annoying to have to type everything on the ds' keyboard. wii moreso.

individual mute, maybe?

Individual mute would fix everything, but it's a matter of whether Nintendo are that imaginative or not ?_?

Individual mute would fix everything, but it's a matter of whether Nintendo are that imaginative or not ?_?
WHAT'S THAT?
A FEATURE THAT'S BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN WHAT WE'RE DOING SINCE WHAT WE'RE DOING WAS STARTED YEARS AGO?
WELL LETS JUST IGNORE THAT ****
-Nintendo on just about every level

I would much rather have the capability to write out words on your touch screen, and then when you would mash "submit" it would come out in text on the screen, or speak in the microphone and then the 3DS would translate your words to text.

But that probably won't happen..

I never used much international WiFi. I pretty much just played with friends sitting beside me on a car trip (on the DS), so it was useless, not to mention very slow, to text on AC: WW. I could love the speaking feature, or I could not~
Who knows~

Most likely it will be on the 3DS and AC: 3D.

Wii speak actually had an option to mute another player's Wii speak on your screen.I do that when I listen to K.K. with my friend,who has Wii speak and I hear an echo of part of K.K.'s songs when its on so I usually turn mic. chat off while listening to K.K.

I liked WiiSpeak, but it did get annoying, especially when many people talked at once.
I liked the way WW did it because with one hit of Select, type whatever, and send. Quick and easy!

I can imagine the crazy lag that would happen.
... what?

there's always going to be a bit of lag in voice.. a few seconds at most in between you and whoever you're with, but if your internet can't handle a video game and a simple voice chat.. you need a better internet.. imo.
if street fighter 4 works, then animal crossing will survive with a hint of lag.

Back