Festivale Update!

can't be asked to scroll back and find who mentioned it first, but my thoughts on DLC: i have no issue paying for future DLC if the price is reasonable and the content is at least 70% new as opposed to recycled stuff that was essentially free in past games and arguably should've been in NH's base game. hiding brewster and gyroids, for example, staples of almost every game to date, behind a DLC paywall as high as Β£30 is just scummy if you ask me.

i dont mind buying paid dlc, but i hope that if it happens that it comes out after the game has been given more substance. i want addons for a game, not purchasing more content to make a game less empty

I think the Festivale furniture is nice if you have a tropical themed island, but otherwise I'm a little disappointed. I think the holiday itself is fine but like many people here, I would've also liked something else to go with it, like Brewster's cafe, new furniture sets, or tweaks to make gameplay better for players. I'm also not excited for the Mario themed items coming up in March. It's too gimmicky.

The update has exactly what I expected:

I want them to keep the path they're taking with furniture and bring me some truly extravagant objects. I want a big and colorful statue of his tail, I want a Hula-dollish toy version of PavΓ©, a gigantic fan made from feathers, those kind of things- with 10-13 furniture expected, I want most of them to be even more out there than previous sets. Oh and dance reactions. Even more elaborated than "Flourish".

And just wishful thinking, I'd love a "Whistle" tool. Running around going full fweeeeeh/preeeet/prrrft* would be amazing.

*Excuse my poor attempts at recreating the onomatopoeia of a whistle.
Although it it not fantastical extravagant like I hoped, the new PavΓ© furniture is amazing, they are lovely and they have so much potential to be used. Banners, balloons, drums, the little thing on the floor, etc. Both variants are great, but I'd have loved a blue/purple color scheme. Praise Arceus that Nintendo keeps ignoring the people screaming for chair #79 and table #56 to be added to the game.

The dance reactions seem cool, can't wait to make Mabel and Orville dance with me.

I love how we're celebrating Valentine's Day, Setsubun, Korean New Year, Groundhog Day and... the Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I love american football and will be watching the SB even if I dislike a certain QB, but it's so funny to see the "Big Game" with those holidays. Now I'm expecting Olympic related items when Japan refuses to cancel the event and I'm going to be disappointed when we don't get them.

I truly hope the megaphone Super Bowl tool fulfills my whistle-craving. If it does that, I'm completely satisfied.

By the way, the internet today is:

Nintendo: "Hey, you are getting PavΓ© and the Festivale back on February, with new furniture, clothes and items"
Fans: "Oh that means we're getting this feature I want, this other thing I want, the datamined content that I don't even know how that works but now I feel entitled to it, this and this and this..."

Nintendo releases what they said.
The fans get disappointed.

Amazing to see the same things with every update. I'm eagerly anticipating the 50 "New Leaf is much better than New Horizons" threads that will arise the next month.

I wouldn't mind paying for DLC because I know they would put out quality updates. The reason the updates of pocket camp are high quality is because of the possibility of them making real money off of people buying leaf tickets with each one. I do know a LOT of fans would be disappointed if they had paid DLC for acnh. However, Nintendo has shown they don't care that they disappoint the majority of their fanbase, so why not do it while making extra money while giving at least some of the acnh fanbase what they really want?

I don't think "bulk crafting fish bait", or "buying multiple clothes in one fitting room" would ever sound like a big enough thing to show in a trailer, see the past ones. I'd wait for the actual update to go live before complaining about those things.

This is totally my own speculation, but looking back to when they added the camera feature where you can get rid of the UI, they never announced this in a trailer. My guess is that Nintendo doesn't want to admit when something is inconvenient or just designed poorly (such as no bulk crafting), so they don't make a big deal out of it when they fix it. In the case of bulk crafting, this would be something I imagine they would simply write in a press release as "changes made to crafting process" and that's it. They would never be like "BULK CRAFTING NOW AVAILABLE!" because then they fear that they're admitting they did something poorly.

I thought the trailer was really cool, I don't have much of an opinion since I haven't played the past games. I think next game year since release will be more interesting to see how much updates and event changes will happen. Keeping my hope for you Brewster fans :)

I don't have much to say about this, really. I do like Pave, though, because he's a huge show-off and I like how flamboyant he is, but Festivale has always been a fetch quest of sorts, just with feathers. Then again, almost all events are a fetch quest, such as Halloween and Turkey Day.

Just something to do on an otherwise normal day, I suppose. I'm mainly interested in the potential return of Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pikmin and etc. items and Sanrio items too. My favorite is Kerokerokerropi because frogs πŸ’–

I was really hoping we would get some quality of life updates and more furniture sets we can use in houses like NL. A festival furniture set would have been nice, and so would a valentine chocolate one... then we can actually use those sahara chocolate wall paper and flooring

This is totally my own speculation, but looking back to when they added the camera feature where you can get rid of the UI, they never announced this in a trailer. My guess is that Nintendo doesn't want to admit when something is inconvenient or just designed poorly (such as no bulk crafting), so they don't make a big deal out of it when they fix it. In the case of bulk crafting, this would be something I imagine they would simply write in a press release as "changes made to crafting process" and that's it. They would never be like "BULK CRAFTING NOW AVAILABLE!" because then they fear that they're admitting they did something poorly.

I wouldn't go that harsh about it. I would rather see it as technical things that, while important, aren't worth screaming to everyone about. They aren't just showing the update to Hardcore AC fans - You see them as notifications for all switch players.

Think character balancing in Smash Bros. - Would 'this old character got buffed!' be appropriate in a full public trailer about new smash content?

did you watch the trailer? it shows the character catching feathers on the day
I didn't initially because I was too lazy lmao, hoped someone here would help out.

although now I'm worried that they're only craft items and can't be worn :(

I disliked this holiday in new leaf so this update is very lame to me. Hopefully whatever Mario Themed update comes in March makes up for this crap πŸ˜”πŸ˜

Its not that i think its ugly. Its that i would like it to be useable on my island. Red yellow varient i could use by nooks as it would go well imo

Yeah, I am actually pretty excited now that I have a better look:
1611681513036.png

It would make for an awesome desert-outpost kinda theme! :D

Back