• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Have You Ever Changed your Username on TBT?

How Many Times Have You Changed Your Username on TBT?

• Total voters
I have! I've changed it once. When I first joined TBT back in 2014, I think? I used the same username as my Gamefaqs account because I was hoping to switch from Gamefaqs to TBT. I never really got in the swing of using TBT though, so my account was fairly inactive for a long time. When New Horizons released I came back to The Bell Tree and I wanted a fresh start, in a way! I posted for a little while with my old username, avatar, and signature but it made me feel like I was 15 again in a bad way, lol. I changed up my avatar and signature which helped but being able to change my username made the biggest difference! I felt a lot more comfortable posting when I got my new username, even if I will be forever sad that Lumi was taken... 😔

I used my seashells to change my username and I'm super grateful that we had seashells to do that with!! I don't think I would've been able to change my username without them and I honestly think if I was stuck with my old username I wouldn't be as active 😅

I have changed it once! When I first joined my name was Rayuka. It has absolutely no meaning whatsoever, I just wanted something I had never seen or used before to be

✨ unique ✨

but this plan kinda backfired because I never identified with it in the end 😂 I changed it to Aquilla, the name (or a slight variation of it) I use in many games and online places. At this point I feel like it’s part of me and probably would turn around if someone called „Aquilla!“ 😊

Last edited:
ive changed it twice. i signed up as parker (i joined the site with a few friends i met on jvgs so i just kept the name i used there for simplicity) later named my account Moo_Nieu. recently i changed my name to all lowercase bc i think it is easier to look at. idk i just like it lol. i might change my username again eventually, but for now i think it suits me

I technically changed it once since It used to be koopadude99 but then my phone broke so I couldn't use that account anymore, so I used koopadude100 here then Jeremy helped me by merging them both. I was thinking about changing it again though

I haven’t but I am considering it. I like my username but I feel like a change is needed. I want to put some stuff behind me and maybe changing my username will help (highly doubt it knowing how my brain works and that my username never caused me problems but am kinda desperate to try anything right now).

I haven’t but I am considering it. I like my username but I feel like a change is needed. I want to put some stuff behind me and maybe changing my username will help (highly doubt it knowing how my brain works and that my username never caused me problems but am kinda desperate to try anything right now).
You are an amazing friend and so important to the forum 🥺💞 Whatever name you choose as long as it makes you happy. As long as I don’t lose you 💜💜

I’ve only changed it once. I use to go by DemonOtaku (I feel the shame just remembering that phase of my life haha), but changed it to NefariousKing when I came back briefly in 2018. I did consider shorting it to just Nefarious, but sadly it's already taken.
Well that sure changed in a hurry.

I've only changed my username once from turtleyawesome55 to turtleyawesome...idk why I didn't try without the 55 when I made an account. But I plan to change it in the very near future as I haven't gone by Turtle in almost a year now so it feels weird when people do here lol. Still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do but it'll probably have to do with Nyx since that's what I prefer to go by!

I haven't changed mine. This is my go-to name on most sites. It's a portmanteau of my real name~

i’ve changed my username 6 times in the past 6 years LOL. i’ve gone by frozendrinks (the username i signed up with >_<), crybby, electracrybby, heartbreaker, harlequin, faiiry and now my current username (xara), which i plan on keeping permanently!

I did change it once, but I regret it. I'm using my Twitch/gaming username now and I wish I kept it separate because I hate the idea that people can literally find me here now and just creep all my posts.. :( I would change it but obviously I can't erase the posts of people quoting my username now so I would still be associated with the name. I've posted some personal stuff on here which on second thought, I never should have.. but I never thought I'd stream so... never thought about it becoming an issue.. whatever. I own whatever I say here and if someone were to creep me, it's not like I've done or said anything wrong except maybe overshare my personal life.. oh well.

I haven't changed it, this has basically been my Internet "name" for ten years or even longer!

I have also had the thought of just completely changing my name and aesthetic :(

Anyway, I've changed my username 14 times. I went from AnimalCrossingExpert(ACE) to Riley to Space Dandy to Ryu to DoubleR to Spike Spiegel to xRileyx to Shinichi to Izuku Midoriya to Midoriya to Zhongli to Midoriya to Saitama to Midoriya and now Gon. I don't plan on changing it ever again, but I doubt anyone has changed their username more than me. Lmao.
Riley: I'm done changing my username!
Also Riley 5 min later: *changes to Diluc* 💀

no jk we love your 15 usernames 😆😆

Back