• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

How long have you been a member of TBT?

How many years have you been a member of TBT?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 26 10.5%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 39 15.7%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 75 30.2%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 15-19 years

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters
TBT has been in my awareness since 2006 when I was just a young one playing GCN Animal Crossing and Wild World. TBT was instrumental (for better or worse) starting my first relationship, giving me a friend group, and it gave me what has ended up being the longest friendship in my life. Wild!

10 years for me. Hard to believe it’s been that long. A lot has changed but my love for TBT remains the same and keeps me coming back for more even if my time playing Animal Crossing isn’t very much nowadays.

I joined mid-2015, so 8 years now! I spent a lot of my first couple years lurking, but it’s crazy to think about how much of my life has changed since then.

I've been on TBT for a little over 10 years now! I joined back in September of 2013 and used the site a fair amount, but I disappeared from TBT for a few years at one point between 2017 and 2021 or so.

I’ve had an account for 4 years, but I’ve been sporadically active within those 4 years lol

Been here since 2014, so 9 years now! I made my account to get the Afternoon tea set item in New leaf. NL was my first Animal Crossing game so I didn't get it right at release, but 2 years later. I loved it, obviously, and wanted to get every item in the game so I could design the ultimate town. I accomplished a full catalog and didn't visit TBT for a while again until the release of NH, looking to get all the flowers, fruits, and fill out my catalog again. I wasn't active in the community here at all until the 2020 fair, where I won the animated shooting star collectible and was hooked, I wanted more! I've been a very active member ever since. (Minus a short break I took Oct-Nov 2020 that I ended up regretting because I missed the pumpkin pie 😭 lol)
So happy to be here, wish I started getting involved with the community sooner, it's been such a positive influence on my life. If this place disappeared tomorrow I would be beyond devastated, there's so many kind and generous people I've had the pleasure of meeting because of TBT, helps keep my faith in humanity in the green. I know I'm not super close to anyone in particular, but the staff and community here means a lot to me and I hope you can all consider me a friend.

Last edited:
It's been 7 whole years but honestly feels a lot longer. Even though I opened an account in 2016, it's only around the release date of New Horizons in March 2020 where I really started to become more active within the community and more involved in forum events, and get to know other folks.

The main bulk of my activity is contained within 3 years, from 2020 until now. I hardly remember what I did around here during the early years, besides trade in New Leaf. Sometimes I reminisce by checking out all the posts and threads I ever made pre 2020. Mostly it was New Leaf trades but some were Pokémon trades, too.

I'm one of the newer members here, I'm celebrating my 2-year anniversary on TBT next month! I joined to complete my New Horizons catalog and get my wishlist items but I finished that in like 2 months since I joined and I ended up staying after that. I stayed for the collectables, the events, the games and the community. TBT has been really important in my life these past almost 2 years and has provided a safe place for me, I know I haven't really been very active this year in 2023 and I've taken a few hiatuses but I don't ever see myself leaving forever and not coming back in the foreseeable future.

Technically 10 years. However, I didn’t post a lot and consistently to be considered active. It wasn’t until 2020 that I started posting more and participating in events.

I’ve been a member since August of 2016, so over 7 years ago! It’s kind of mind-blowing to think about how much time has passed, honestly. I absolutely love the sense of community this website brings, and the obvious care and effort the staff put into making it a welcoming place. I’ve made so many connections here and grown a lot as a person since I first joined. TBT is undoubtedly my favorite place on the Internet, and it will always have a special spot in my heart ☺️

12 years now! I think I joined when I was still 19 years young 😭 I wasn't really active for many years tbh but I always returned when a main game released :) Now I try to stick around a bit more!

Exactly 10 years! It's shocking how I still use this site, but dang I miss the old days where it was just a bit more active.

2013 me I was being a bit of an attention seeker, as in I wanted this and that to get people to notice me, I'm glad I stopped doing that.

Though the only two times I ever took a break on TBT was in December 2013-February 2014 and 2022-2023. I was feeling depressed over how I can't get a town to look like how I saw others do it, yet overtime I grew out of that and my NL town looks amazing!
Jumping to 2022, I only came back on TBT for the Easter Egg Hunts and vanished until next year. This year I did the same, but it wasn't until late August where I got everything back together so now I'm staying around!

(I was also feeling grief over the "Incident" I am not allowed to speak of which made me inactive too, but that's over with now.)

Back