• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

How many males are here?

I’m genderfluid, but more often identify as male. I’ve always leaned more into slowet paced games like turn based RPGs, visual novels, or cozy/life/farming sim games and that’s only become more true over time. To be honest I don’t remember exactly how I first heard of Animal Crossing. I just knew of the series, ordered New Lead from an online game rental service, spent a while on my first save file, and after returning the game asked my parents to get it for my birthday. On my 13th birthday I got the game started a new save and played it. The entire time I’ve had the game I went back and forth from playing it. Since villagers leave when you aren’t active in that game I’ve shuffled through a huge chunk of the game’s villager list over the years. I still have fond memories of playing New leaf and it’s my favorite game in the series. Cut to New Horizons and I played it every day for months since I had so much free time from the pandemic. I’ve exhausted everything I wanted to do in the game and I don’t think I’ll go back to it, but I will return to New Leaf despite the wi-fi being gone.

To be honest the fact it’s considered a “girly” game doesn’t bother me. I’ve read books geared towards girls, I watch a good amount of shoujo and josei anime and manga, and I listen to musicians like Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepson. I’m not going to avoid consuming a piece of media just because I’m not the majority of its fan base. If I like it I like it.

I'm male but my New Horizons character is a girl. I like the clothing options better. Even when I'm playing a male a character I cross dress anyways. I know this wasn't about New Horizons but that's where my mind wandered.

I signed up for a trade class which ended up being 95% girls. 2/3rds through the year I had to attend some sort of school assembly about being a minority in a traditionally girl specific class.

I thought it was kinda silly. After a few days in the class I wasn't even paying attention or thinking about that anyways. You just get accustomed to it.

Back