• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Join Date Anniversary Thread

My 9-year TBT anniversary was actually a week ago today (April 24th). I haven’t felt well physically and/or mentally my past 3 anniversaries, and this year I was doing so poorly mentally that I didn’t even have it in me to acknowledge my anniversary on the actual date. I was debating whether to post in here since it’s been a week, and I know it’s not super important, but I’ve felt awful for not at least acknowledging it more because of how special and important this community is to me.

I was 13-years-old when I joined TBT, and I’m now 22. 13-year-old me never imagined this place becoming as special as it is when she joined, but as imperfect as TBT may be, I’m forever grateful to my younger self for bringing me here, and to all of the incredible people that have kept this community afloat and helped make it as wonderful as it is. I have met some wonderful people that I would’ve never met if it wasn’t for TBT, and my heart is so full of the love, appreciation and gratitude I have for them. I come across some truly despicable people on social media on the regular, but this community is a reminder that there’s still good in the world and on the internet.

There’s so much more I could say, but I’ll leave it at that since this is already mushier and probably cringier than I was anticipating, and I should probably save all that for my 10-year anniversary LOL. Thank you for being a joy in my life, TBT!
IMG_7626.gif

Back